Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Look! Links! (For posting cool links for all to see)
Page 3 of 56
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Re: Look! Links! (+1)  
The current bane of my existence. Warning: extremely addictive.

12-02-2004 at 04:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
icon Re: Look! Links! (0)  
The best Christmas game ever. EVER.

12-05-2004 at 04:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Ambush at sector 9 is a nice shooting game. Try to survive the endless waves of enemies closing up on you. The game is extremely hard, and I love the merciless way in which they give you only three lives and no way to gain extra lives. Not for the faint of heart.

12-06-2004 at 06:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
joker5
Rank Points: 607
http://www.monkkonen.net/notrium.php

Amazing.... simply AMAZING survival action/rpg/adventure/exploration/whatever. Get. Now.

The other games are all worth a look too.

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
12-06-2004 at 07:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
YtterbiJum
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
Dad's Home

A cartoon of a father commiting random acts of destruction. Kind of funny.

12-10-2004 at 10:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
keeping an idiot busy very well
keeping idiots busy #2
My style.

12-10-2004 at 11:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
The single coolest Shockwave game ever. REALLY.

12-12-2004 at 03:43 AM
joker5
Rank Points: 607
Caution: You need Java and a liking of pretty colors/lines/pictures to get most of these. A masters in physics wouldn't hurt either :P

http://www.falstad.com/mathphysics.html

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
12-12-2004 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
joker5 wrote:
Caution: You need Java and a liking of pretty colors/lines/pictures to get most of these. A masters in physics wouldn't hurt either :P

http://www.falstad.com/mathphysics.html

~joker5
Actually, I've been looking for a site like this with some clear applets of Physics concepts, which will help me when I study these topics at school.

Thanks, joker!

12-12-2004 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Snowglobe

12-30-2004 at 02:12 AM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
New Lang Syne (or Thank God It's Over)

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
01-01-2005 at 01:20 PM
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
01-01-2005 at 02:22 PM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1132
http://www.neopets.com

It's a site where you get to care for your own virtual pets online. I signed up after being persuaded by a friend of mine who is really into it (and somewhat into DROD).

On a related note, I've started writing a story where the worlds of DROD and Neopets meet. But since this thread is just for links, I'll start a new topic for it.

Another link you should check is http://www.ezfolk.com. It's a fairly recent site for people to post folk music and music they've written. My dad's put up many songs there (all of which he wrote except for one), and all of them have been played many times.

BTW, my dad's name is Gerry Tenney, so you know where to look for his songs on EZFolk.

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT at Local Time:01-02-2005 at 10:34 PM: Addition of my dad's name]

[Edited by NoahT at Local Time:01-02-2005 at 10:35 PM: Missing parenthesis]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

01-02-2005 at 02:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
One of the best games ever! I wonder how they made it with so small team :P

Quest for the Crown
02-04-2005 at 06:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1132
http://www.stupidvideos.com

Absolutely full of stupid videos about animals, politics, and what not.

-Noah

My stuff:

02-04-2005 at 06:47 AM
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
NoahT wrote:
stupidvideos.com
I might have done that sometime. :)

02-04-2005 at 07:15 AM
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
www.xshock.de

Some more really good wallpapers, especially in the 'experimental' section. Be warned though, the pictures are big if you are on dial up.

[Edited by wackhead_uk at Local Time:02-08-2005 at 09:08 PM]
02-08-2005 at 09:04 PM
b0rsuk
Rank Points: 489
http://www.spammimic.com/

It's spam encoder ! Encode your messages as spam ! I encoded one message and here's the output. I tested it and decoding works, too.

Dear Friend , Especially for you - this red-hot intelligence
. We will comply with all removal requests . This mail
is being sent in compliance with Senate bill 2116 ,
Title 9 ; Section 303 ! THIS IS NOT A GET RICH SCHEME
. Why work for somebody else when you can become rich
within 94 DAYS . Have you ever noticed society seems
to be moving faster and faster and most everyone has
a cellphone . Well, now is your chance to capitalize
on this ! WE will help YOU decrease perceived waiting
time by 130% plus sell more ! You can begin at absolutely
no cost to you ! But don't believe us . Ms Simpson
who resides in Arizona tried us and says "Now I'm rich
many more things are possible" . This offer is 100%
legal ! We beseech you - act now . Sign up a friend
and your friend will be rich too ! Thank-you for your
serious consideration of our offer !

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
03-20-2005 at 05:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Look! Links! (+2)  
Video games can kill you.

Matt

03-20-2005 at 10:18 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Middle-earth campaigning: :)

http://users.telenet.be/gpunk/mordor-vi.gif

[Edited by mrimer at Local Time:03-29-2005 at 06:46 PM]

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-29-2005 at 05:24 PM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
When you need to post a link which includes the dreaded - char, just use & # 4 5 ; (Without the spaces) instead of the - character, and the forum will eat it right.

(be careful though, when you preview the post, it will convert into - again. you have to have the code in the body of the post when you send it)

[Edited by Maurog at Local Time:03-29-2005 at 07:10 PM]

03-29-2005 at 06:24 PM
b0rsuk
Rank Points: 489
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05147/511696.stm

Groundbreaking discovery

From the article:
(...)
study published online in March in the Annals of Emergency Medicine. Every year some 28,000 kids and adults wind up in hospital emergency rooms because some mishap has cut off a finger; one high-risk group is men over 55. Apart from digits lost in workplace accidents, the most common cause of finger amputation in the men is -- drumroll, please -- power tools. So anyone looking suspiciously at, oh, sinks or toasters for their finger-gobbling potential can more profitably focus on chainsaws.

Taking nothing, especially not their readers' intelligence, for granted, the researchers advise men who use power tools to "avoid exposing their fingers to direct contact" with razor-sharp blades spinning at a few thousand rpm. Wise advice, to be sure, although you've got to think that anyone who didn't know this is in for more serious problems than a lost finger.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
05-28-2005 at 07:56 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388

File: HollowMen.wmv (3.2 MB)
Downloaded 36 times.
License: Other
I couldn't find a good link, but there's plenty of bad ones out there. So here's the file, attached:

A mime (or sign language, but it's not really) interpretation of "Torn".

Sign language, and associated forms of expressing stuff using hands instead of words, always makes me smile. There's a Savage Garden clip where the final refrain is played over the signed lyrics, which I thought was quite awesome.

It's a little bit crude in places, but no more than most comedy routines.

06-14-2005 at 02:17 PM
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
www.fark.com

This site is the site of a guy who collects weird and stupid news articles from everywhere. It is amazing how stupid some of these articles are. Some links may link to objectional material.

http://deathball.net/notpron

I realize this link was posted on some other topic like a while ago, but I just thought I would post it here. I am so addicted to this. It is basically a "find your way onto the next screen" game, but to do that, you have to solve some sort of riddle, and once you get past like level 5, you actually have to spend hours thinking about how to move on. I am currently on level 60, and it is just so difficult. Took me 3 days to get past level 59, and I thought of the answer while sitting in math class. :D

http://maddox.xmission.com

This is "The greatest site in the universe." The author likes to rant about everything, and they are absolutely hysterical. Bad language is used a lot, so don't read if you can't handle it. :D

www.darwinawards.com

The site that awards people who manage to kill themselves in really stupid ways. My personal favorite is the guy who was on a diet, and ate nothing but beans and cabbage, and one night, he went to bed, and he was in a sealed room, so he suffocated and died on his own farts. O_O
06-14-2005 at 11:45 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
cheese obsessive wrote:
www.fark.com

This site is the site of a guy who collects weird and stupid news articles from everywhere. It is amazing how stupid some of these articles are. Some links may link to objectional material.

Heh. I think that is a pretty inadequate representation of what the site does. It definitely covers weird and stupid news articles, but it also covers more serious events. Basically, people submit links with hopefully humorous headlines, thousands a day, but only around 50 or so make it to the front page each day. And each article has a discussion page associated with it. There are Photoshop contests, audio editing contests, and other extraneous things. And there are often links to R+ rated material, but they are clearly marked (rarely more than 2 a day). It's not intended to be a site for kids, nor those who work in a restricted environment. It's literally one of the most popular sites on the web...I know many Internet cliches have started there. And most of the time they have news stories posted before CNN or MSNBC do.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-14-2005 at 11:54 PM
DiMono
cheese obsessive wrote:
lots of stuff, and then http://deathball.net/notpron and then lots of stuff
Level minus 31 is killing me. Seriously.

http://www.illwillpress.com - Home of Neurotically Yours, featuring Foamy, an opinionated squirrel, and his owner, a wickan girl named Germaine. There's often profanity, but there's always funny. If your firewall isn't blocking the site, http://www.newgrounds.com houses some archival episodes that the main site doesn't due to high traffic.

06-16-2005 at 11:21 PM
cheese obsessive
DiMono wrote:
cheese obsessive wrote:
lots of stuff, and then http://deathball.net/notpron and then lots of stuff
Level minus 31 is killing me. Seriously.

Hah. 60 STILL has me stumped. I have been trying for like the last 2 or 3 days, and I get nowhere. I thought I made a discovery when I found out that (don't look if you aren't this far yet)

I have tried EVERYTHING I thought I could that has to do with that, but I get nowhere. :/ But it is still so addicting.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/demented.php

This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen. This reminds me of one of those Monty Python animation sequences where just totally random crap happens. It is like 20 or so minutes long, but it is absolutely hilarious if you like Monty Python-esque things.
06-17-2005 at 12:24 AM
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
If you use Winamp and like video game music...

VGAmp- Request VG Music

They have loads of soundtracks.

06-17-2005 at 10:32 AM
cheese obsessive
Edit: Erik frowns upon abandonware sites being promoted; HOTU is allowed because it is more scrupulous than most. (See this post for an example of his position.) I have a copy of your post on e-mail and I can restore it if Erik deems it appropriate.

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 06-26-2005 09:35 AM]
06-22-2005 at 09:11 PM
DiMono
BOLD FACED WARNING: This video is not for the squeamish, and the site it's hosted on is very, very 18+. The video is really cool though, and if you've ever wondered how they use lasers to correct vision... well this is how.

Lasik eye surgery close up (.mov, right-click save-as)

06-22-2005 at 09:59 PM
Page 3 of 56
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Look! Links! (For posting cool links for all to see)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com