Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Look! Links! (For posting cool links for all to see)
Page 2 of 56
3456>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Re: Look! Links! (+1)  
http://www2.memlane.com/jmilner/stairwaybackwards.htm

Has a collection of 5 songs and their reversed lyrics. I will warn you, however, that most of the lyrics have something to do with....more mature matters. Pink Floyd's Empty Spaces is clean, so that one is safe to hear.

09-25-2004 at 04:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
If enough monkeys had enough time (and bananas)...

09-25-2004 at 10:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
icon Re: Look! Links! (0)  
Courtesy of HomeStarRunner, the legendary group who brought us such greats as Strongbad, and Trogdor the Burninator, I give you... Peasent's Quest! Trogdor burned down your village, and you vowed revenge! Just remember to get the sub.

09-28-2004 at 12:18 AM
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
http://www.igf.com/2005entrants.shtml
Independent Game Festival

Some are downloadable. I'm about to check them.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
09-28-2004 at 11:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
TheOpenCD. You can download an iso that contains software to replace just about everything you might spend money on except video editing tools, and includes the following software for Windows:

Gimp (graphics)
Audacity (sound)
OpenOffice.org (full Office suite, like MS Office)
PDF Creator (um... this one should be obvious)
Mozilla (browser)
PuTTY (telnet and SSH client)
7-Zip (compression, apparently gives up to 45% better than winzip)
...and 15 other pieces of software, including some really slick screensavers. If you've ever wanted to lower the amount of Microsoft software on your system, this is definitely a good start.

10-06-2004 at 05:47 AM
DiMono
Alright, it's shameless self-promotion time! I just finished my first ever flash animation, and it happens to be a banner advertising Red vs Blue. Check it out here.

10-14-2004 at 03:42 AM
leroy00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 155
DiMono wrote:
Alright, it's shameless self-promotion time! I just finished my first ever flash animation, and it happens to be a banner advertising Red vs Blue. Check it out here.

Not bad, but you know, when a gun is fired, the bullet flies without the casing. ;) So what's your connection to rvb?

--leroy

10-14-2004 at 09:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Strip the /flash/rvb_banner.html from that URL and take a look :)

10-14-2004 at 10:58 AM
joker5
Rank Points: 607
www.bobandgeorge.com, a shameless sprite comic made by a lazy guy. People get killed and sometimes impaled but it's all in good fun, and not too gory.

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
10-14-2004 at 03:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
leroy00
Rank Points: 155
icon Re: Look! Links!: was Bush wired? (0)  
I was wanting to put up a poll about the Bush/Kerry debates since I have no television, and I'm not sure whether they would be broadcast in German television, but I assume they would be shown on some "niche" station... well, anyway. That was my plan, in an attempt to get some first-hand information in case some DRODers may have watched (although most of yous guys seem to be less than interested in politics), but I never got around to it.

Then I heard about the "was Bush wired?" thing on the radio and did some "research" (read: google). A dedicated site with a lot of links can be found here, and there seems to be a second faction which supports the view that Bush carries a portable defibrillator which can be viewed here. There are some interesting discussions going on about what the implications are one way or the other. It seems one of Bush's advisors by the name of Ken Mehlman(n?) made a cheesy remark to the effect that Bush was talking to aliens, which in my eyes shows a great disrespect for the American public, but it doesn't seem to have made much of an impression on either the public or the media, who seem to be avoiding the issue. Sometimes I do wish I had a television.

--leroy

10-20-2004 at 11:23 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
b0rsuk wrote:
http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/

Pawsense is a program meant to detect cats walking on keyboards, mainly to protect data from accidents.
It can also automatically play sounds which annoy cats, like harmonica.
This seems like a decent program, but we recently got a cat, and of course it started walking on my computer desk and keyboard. So I went and played these sounds, and the cat seemed interested in where the sounds were coming from. Before I knew it, the cat went over and started smelling the speakers. :lol :?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-05-2004 at 03:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
joker5
www.faind.com

Home of AWESOME games like Factor X, Tango Strike and Commando.

Be aware that some of these games are extremely gory and should not be played by children or nuns.

~joker5

11-06-2004 at 06:30 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
icon Amazing graphics demos in 64K (+1)  
http://www.theproduct.de/

has some amazing graphics demos that must be seen to be believed. The amazing thing is that if someone were to show them to you, you would think, "Hmm...that's a pretty good graphics demo." And then you realize the whole program is less than 64K. I've seen the ones from 2000 and 2002, but they seem to have made some newer ones lately too.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-07-2004 at 08:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
On thursday, Howard Gensler, a writer for the Philadelphia Daily News, wrote an article called O Canada, we plead to cede to thee in which he asks Canada to adopt the blue states. He even outlines what Canada, the blue states, and the red states would all gain from the deal. It's a pretty amusing read.

If it asks you for a login and password, use this:

email@mailinator.com
password!

[Edited by DiMono at Local Time:11-08-2004 at 04:19 AM]

11-08-2004 at 02:17 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Look! Links! (+2)  
DiMono wrote:
On thursday, Howard Gensler, a writer for the Philadelphia Daily News, wrote an article called O Canada, we plead to cede to thee in which he asks Canada to adopt the blue states. He even outlines what Canada, the blue states, and the red states would all gain from the deal. It's a pretty amusing read.
I don't feel like bothering to register to read this, but does it include a picture like this?

11-08-2004 at 02:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
You know, when I originally went to the site it didn't ask me to register at all. Now it does. If you want to read the article, use this username and password:

email@mailinator.com
password!

11-08-2004 at 04:18 AM
b0rsuk
Rank Points: 489
icon Re: Amazing graphics demos in 64K (0)  
mrimer wrote:
http://www.theproduct.de/

has some amazing graphics demos that must be seen to be believed. The amazing thing is that if someone were to show them to you, you would think, "Hmm...that's a pretty good graphics demo." And then you realize the whole program is less than 64K. I've seen the ones from 2000 and 2002, but they seem to have made some newer ones lately too.

Once upon a time there was a link to a funny game on Slashdot.
It was FPS game using latest 3D accelerators, per pixel light effects and more.
It was under 100kb, less than UT2004 readme I think. Textures were generated at startup with smart procedures. I can't recall its name, sadly.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
11-08-2004 at 11:28 AM
DiMono
Sorry, Everybody. This is people in the U.S. apologizing to the world for letting George Dubya get reelected. They tried, honestly!

11-08-2004 at 08:53 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388

File: usa.txt (3 KB)
Downloaded 199 times.
License: Other
Speaking of election jokes, the attached file got thrown around via e-mail for the 2000 election.

Matt

11-09-2004 at 05:44 AM
joker5
I think I heard of that one... Cube, wasn't it?

And I find it ironic that the size of the thing is less than that of any concievable screenshot of reasonable size you could take. Minitiaurization is amazing, isn't it?

~joker5

11-10-2004 at 01:13 AM
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
[url=http://www.urbandictionary.com www.urbandictionary.com
FUNNY website. It's pretty much a fake on-line slang dictionary, but it's funny as hell.
Though all those definitions of "penis" are probably unneccesary...

The best hold in the world!
11-10-2004 at 04:30 AM
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
A long time ago a kid did that to me. And by the way Skwerell do you want to join my after school club. Its called pen 15 and you must have it written on your forehead. :D

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:11-10-2004 at 04:48 AM]

11-10-2004 at 04:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
scary optical illusion It's a scary optical illusion,so it's not good for little kids or people who scare easily.It's best to tun the sound on :D
And here is a site of optical illusions.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:11-12-2004 at 09:11 PM]

11-12-2004 at 09:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
rowrow wrote:
scary optical illusion It's a scary optical illusion,so it's not good for little kids or people who scare easily.It's best to tun the sound on :D
I wasn't fooled by that one.
The picture being a flash movie immediately gave it away.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
11-12-2004 at 09:44 PM
rowrow
When I first saw it a few weeks ago,I jumped into the air a mile,and my pants fell off. :D

11-12-2004 at 09:50 PM
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
Also, my prosthetic forhead came off and then my wig immediately transmogrified into a cat.

Just a random rant.

www.skype.com - A free internet speaking programmy thing. My username is wackhead_uk, if Im ever on...
11-12-2004 at 09:54 PM
joker5
Yet another game; this one's a kickarse space-shooter/rts/multiplayer thing. Really worth a look. And another one. And a third.

http://www.queasygames.com/gate88/

~joker5

11-14-2004 at 06:53 AM
katsup92
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
www.emotioneric.com

it also has a forum, linktastic, has a lot of great links in it, games and flash alike, although some of the links are pg 13 or above, i would say

enjoy
11-16-2004 at 10:34 PM
Zmann
Rank Points: 241
joker5 wrote:
Yet another game; this one's a kickarse space-shooter/rts/multiplayer thing. Really worth a look. And another one. And a third.

http://www.queasygames.com/gate88/

~joker5

I second that. That game kicks so much butt. I just recently reviewed it for gamehippo.com and gave it a 9/10.
11-19-2004 at 03:36 AM
DiMono
How To Kill a Mockingbird. Best. Book report. Ever.

11-22-2004 at 09:25 PM
Page 2 of 56
3456>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Look! Links! (For posting cool links for all to see)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com