Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Conspiracy (An innovative idea turned into a story mixed with puzzles.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.5/10 (8 votes)
σ 2.29
Author Name:Neather2
Submitted By:Neather2
Hold Name:Conspiracy
Theme:An innovative idea turned into a story mixed with puzzles.
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:11
Number of Rooms:55
Number of Monsters:314
Version:DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder (4.0)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Conspiracy.hold (2.6 MB)
Downloaded 840 times.
License: Other
icon Conspiracy  
"Conspiracy" follows our smitemaster's intriguing adventures after he had overcome and killed all slayers back in "Slayers' end". Now that he's done with major enemies, he'll just have to handle a few more levels in order to unlock a huge blue door which blocks the road back to Dugandy. However, Beethro has been walking and working for tons of weeks with no supplies and stop therefore his wits aren't obviously in his side now and epic failures are around the corner. Would be an easy job if someone hadn't been planning agaisnt him since his journey began...

06-28-2012 at 05:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: Conspiracy (0)  
So, what can I write here.
More than an year elapsed before I could finally submit this work to our friendly Hold Administrators, and I am pleased to say that the feeling of successfully pursuing and achieving this goal is immeasurably intense, even though this is only a game and it took me weeks of very hard working to get it done.
Laconically and without further ado, I would just like to affectionately thank everyone who played through the levels and the features of this hold when it was in the Architecture board, and also thanks to every DROD player who is going to try it and to give me feedback and fruitful criticism. It has been an arduous work, and I really hope you'll enjoy it 'till the end. :)

-Neather2.

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 06-28-2012 06:56 PM]
06-28-2012 at 06:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Conspiracy (+2)  
It's impossible to get score for "Unknown Complex: 2S 1E"(because of spawned tar babies), so may architect please mark the room as unscorable(go to profile -> "my holds" tab -> conspiracy -> "highscore-able rooms" -> look up Unknown Complex 2S 1E there and mark it as unscorable)?

Oh, and I've conquered(and mastered) it. Quite difficult, but doable with some patience and thought. I've enjoyed this hold.

One of rooms(Spooky Swamps 3N 1E), though, is just *insanely* difficult. So difficult that solving it wasn't fun. I'm not really sure why you made it like this. I personally almost gave up at that room. (also it's really weird why that insanely difficult room is required, while the only secret room in the hold is probably the easiest one)

[Last edited by mxvladi at 06-30-2012 04:23 PM]
06-30-2012 at 04:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
icon Re: Conspiracy (+1)  
Thank you for your feedback! :)
I've just marked that room as unscorable, as you asked.

Fun fact:
The actual Spooky Swamps: 3N1E was the first room I created for the hold, and I thought to leave it there after many changes because it took me so much time to build and solve it.. I admit it might be a bit boring (sorry!), but it is fun to me the fact that I still remember the solution and I could solve it in seconds anytime. :lol

[Last edited by Neather2 at 06-30-2012 08:46 PM]
06-30-2012 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
Well, I finally beat the first level of the hold, and am now working on the second level (Elderly Workshops), which I recognize from when I was first testing this hold in Architecture.

I'd like to ask Neather2 why Elderly Workshops: 2S1E is marked unhighscorable, since it's a non-trivial puzzle room with plenty of optimization potential. Maybe it was marked unhighscorable by accident.

07-06-2012 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Rank Points: 354
icon Re: Conspiracy (+1)  
I keep seeing this and think that it is a thread that Brainiac1999 made.

But this hold is too hard for me.

I wish that man would stay away
07-07-2012 at 01:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
Chaco wrote:
I'd like to ask Neather2 why Elderly Workshops: 2S1E is marked unhighscorable, since it's a non-trivial puzzle room with plenty of optimization potential. Maybe it was marked unhighscorable by accident.

It was marked by accident :( . I'm sorry, I made a mistake when I was marking unscorable the room mxvladi told me.

07-07-2012 at 07:19 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Conspiracy (An innovative idea turned into a story mixed with puzzles.) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com