Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Wave of Goodness (Our News for May)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Wave of Goodness (+2)  
To keep on top of the wave of goodness we've been releasing lately, Caravel has more good news this month for just about everyone. Well...except for the dungeon roaches. They always seem to get the short end of the stick (or, hmm, the long end, I guess, as the case may be). But for everyone else...!

"DROD:Gunthro" version 4.0.2 is released

We've released version 4.0.2 of "Gunthro and the Epic Blunder". We've added a long-awaited feature, a "Tarstuff Alpha slider", to the player settings that lets you make tarstuff always transparent to see what's underneath for convenience. There are also some minor textual fixes in the main hold, as well as an optimized progress tally displayed on the Hold Management screen for power players. There are also stability improvements, logic fixes and minor rendering fixes. Go here to see the exact changelog for this release.

You can get the latest version from the Downloads link under the forum banner if you have CaravelNet service. We're working to streamline this system in the future to make it easier for registered users to download new game versions. You can install this version right on top of your existing 4.0.x install. Demo versions are also updated on the Caravel Games web site.

http://caravelgames.com/Articles/Games_2/GatEB.html

OSX 64-bit Intel Builds now available

As promised, we finally have some good news for Mac users who have upgraded to OSX Lion 10.7. We now have 64-bit Intel builds of DROD available for KDD, JtRH, TCB and DROD RPG! Download and try out one of the Intel 64-bit demo builds on the Caravel Games web site.

I should point out that some users on certain Mac hardware or older OS versions haven't been able to get these new game versions to run, but you can easily try out one of the demos to test out the game on your system. If the demo runs for you, you can order the full OSX Intel version from our site with confidence that you can now play DROD on your shiny, new Mac.

If you've already bought one or more of the games and have CaravelNet, you can also login on the forum and click Downloads at the top of the page to grab an Intel install file. If you don't have CaravelNet, we'd be happy to help registered players redownload a copy of the game. As mentioned above, we're working to streamline this system in the future.

Reduced pricing

We had a great super sale last month! Going forward, we've decided to permanently drop the prices of our earlier games, including "King Dugan's Dungeon", "Journey to Rooted Hold", "The City Beneath" and "DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale" to under $10. You can also now purchase Smitemasters Selections for only five bucks. Even if you missed our super sale, this is still a good time for you to buy any of the past games you've missed.

http://caravelgames.com/Articles/Games.html

Flash DROD in Beta

Our "Other Big Project" is now very close to completion. Maurycy (skell) has been developing Flash DROD for a year now. He's done mostly awesome work on this project. And when he hasn't been doing awesome work, he's been doing Super Awesome work! I'm quite impressed with his creation.

We're featuring "Lite" level sets from King Dugan's Dungeon. These levels are generally faithful translations of the original KDD levels, featuring some updates to modernize certain room designs and level layouts to make the game more accessible. Maurycy was assisted by Jacob, Larrymurk, and Slimm tom in designing these levels, along with a host of beta testers who literally beat the tar out of this game for a few months to get it ready for production. Maurycy has prepared the game to go up on some major Flash portals, and it will feature CaravelNet score integration, achievements, support for several languages, and more. There's really a lot of work put into this. Prior to the official release, Maurycy has put a page together showing some of the development history of Flash DROD. If you can't wait to try it out, take a look at these early versions of the game engine!

http://files.mauft.com/drod/so_old/index.html

Stay tuned for more news of Flash DROD's release next month, and maybe you'll also start hearing about what's going into The Second Sky.

Happy DRODing!

--Mike

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-23-2012 03:37 PM]
05-23-2012 at 03:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 608
icon Re: Wave of Goodness (+1)  
mrimer wrote:
We've added a long-awaited feature, a "Tarstuff Alpha slider",

Is it nerdy to say I'm super excited to get home and try this out? :D

05-23-2012 at 05:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Re: Wave of Goodness (0)  
west.logan wrote:
mrimer wrote:
We've added a long-awaited feature, a "Tarstuff Alpha slider",

Is it nerdy to say I'm super excited to get home and try this out? :D
Yes, and that's a good thing!

Oh, I should point out that Schik did the bulk of the work on this feature. Kudos go to Matt!

05-23-2012 at 05:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Wave of Goodness (+8)  
mrimer wrote:
You can get the latest version from the Downloads link under the forum banner if you have CaravelNet service. We're working to streamline this system in the future to make it easier for registered users to download new game versions. You can install this version right on top of your existing 4.0.x install. Demo versions are also updated on the Caravel Games web site.
Streamlining activated! You can now download games that are linked to your account without a CaravelNet subscription. Games still have a maximum download count per user, and require contacting support if you go over your limit and need more downloads.

05-23-2012 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
My only disappointment with the tarstuff slider is that it doesn't let me do invisible tarstuff.

I imagine Caravel's support crew might disagree.

05-23-2012 at 10:22 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Dischorran wrote:
My only disappointment with the tarstuff slider is that it doesn't let me do invisible tarstuff.

I tried! You can thank Mike for that :P

05-23-2012 at 10:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Dischorran wrote:

*shudder*

I can imagine the emails now! :P

05-23-2012 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Oh. I went to install and... is the Mac version delayed? Are Windows users the only ones who get 4.0.2 with its lovely transparent tar?

05-24-2012 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Dischorran wrote:

*shudder*

I can imagine the emails now! :P
so i playd your game and tried some things now i cant move anywhere so ur game must be broken LOL

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-24-2012 05:23 PM]
05-24-2012 at 02:22 AM
mrimer
west.logan wrote:
Oh. I went to install and... is the Mac version delayed? Are Windows users the only ones who get 4.0.2 with its lovely transparent tar?
Oh, sorry! I must have forgotten to build and upload that. I'll get to that asap, but possibly not for a day or two. I'll report when the Mac version is up.

05-24-2012 at 02:23 AM
mrimer
mrimer wrote:
west.logan wrote:
Oh, sorry! I must have forgotten to build and upload that. I'll get to that asap, but possibly not for a day or two. I'll report when the Mac version is up.
The Intel Mac version of 4.0.2 is now up!

05-26-2012 at 05:04 PM
west.logan
Nice! And it installed without losing any data or anything.

As a side note, the first time I started it up, there was no text next to the alpha Tarstuff slider. I figured what it was but realized I had a tarstuff mod installed, so I edited the drod.ini file, restarted, and this time the text was there.

Additionally, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

05-26-2012 at 06:21 PM
Hyeron
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 66
icon Re: Wave of Goodness (+4)  
O hai. :)

Thought I'd just pop in as this seem as good an occasion as any to write the famed first post, and there seems to be no introduction thread around. Plus it's all about the sales and stuff. Well, kinda.

I just wanted to thank Caravel (with a heartfelt, particular thank you to Gerry Jo Jellestad, whatever his nickname around these parts may be ;)).

With the recent surge in Linux games, I thought I might as well check back on old favorites (UnReal World, Drod and Demise in particular)... So seeing
a) DROD was still alive and hadn't been a figment of my imagination on an ooooooold shareware bundle CD,
b) there were linux ports and
c) there was a sale... I think I just killed my monthly games budget at once, and I think I intend to do just the same next month to finish buying the SmS, then the month after that to subscribe to CaravelNet.

Congratulations and thank you for ruining what little social life I had left. :P

Oh, and a huge thank you to the community as a whole. I may not have participated in any constructive form yet, but simply reading these forums is highly entertaining and enjoyable in itself, and you guys have already helped me a few times.

Rock on everyone. :thumbsup

(and sorry if this wasn't the place... Just trying to find a way in like a real ninja. With the subtlety of a drunk delver.)

05-27-2012 at 11:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Nah, this is a fine place to make a first post.

Welcome to the forum! :hi

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
05-27-2012 at 04:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: Wave of Goodness (+2)  
Hyeron wrote:
O hai. :)

Thought I'd just pop in as this seem as good an occasion as any to write the famed first post, and there seems to be no introduction thread around.

Welcome Hyeron :) We do have an introduction thread, but it has . . an unusual title and is not perhaps terribly obvious at first glance. :~( You'll find it HERE :yes

05-27-2012 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hyeron
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 66
That's.. WHAT? :lol

The most peculiar introduction thread I've seen. Ever. No wonder I overlooked it.

I'll stop polluting this here topic at once and post over there. Thanks a lot. :)

05-27-2012 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Wave of Goodness (Our News for May)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com