Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : the zone (Miniature)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

3.4/10 (21 votes)
σ 1.73
Author Name:...
Submitted By:Brainiac1999
Hold Name:the zone
Theme:Miniature
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:23
Number of Rooms:27
Number of Monsters:289
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: the zone final.hold (8.6 KB)
Downloaded 908 times.
License: Other
icon the zone  
Here is the Mini-version of KDD. It has levels 1-23. I consider it easy, but it's o.k. to give your opinion to me.
01-27-2012 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: the zone (0)  
Erm, this is an attempt for a easy and minimalistic version of KDD.

Nothing much to say other than it's easy, and you shouldn't have any problem completing it?

Oh, and well done for getting your first hold promoted. :)

01-27-2012 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Tim wrote:
Oh, and well done for getting your first hold promoted. :)
Yes! Well done indeed! This puts you ahead of the numerous people that put their hold on the Architecture board and never published it.

I also agree with Tim's other statements regarding the hold. I should be able to finish this later tonight.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
01-28-2012 at 12:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
It was indeed very easy but a really good idea. I liked having a "KDD in 20 minutes" sort of thing. Not much to be said beyond that!

01-28-2012 at 01:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
This is a simple hold - nothing original, nothing really interesting, very simple puzzles, not much challenge (although level 8 has a fairly tight timer on it), not too much polish.

But, as holds go it's a decent first attempt and should hopefully provide something for Brainiac1999 to build on if he makes any more holds.

My Rating:

Difficulty: 3
Fun: 4

Progress - Gavin G
01-31-2012 at 11:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
Pros:

Good concept
Difficulty is relatively similar throughout
Fun

Cons:

Most of the rooms were trivial
Level 8 was far harder than any of the other rooms
Level design just feels like a bunch of elements stuck together

2.5 brains, 3.5 fun (rounded to 4)

[Last edited by bomber50 at 09-06-2012 01:33 AM]
09-06-2012 at 01:33 AM
Kaelyn
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 76
icon Re: the zone (+3)  
(Scrolls through holds board...) Aha! Now this looks like a job for me!

So... this might not be a popular opinion, but I think this hold is great. Why? Because it caters to a specific audience -- folks who want something quick and painless to slash through -- and I'll bet it satisfies that audience just fine. Yes, it could use more polish, and yes, it could have made more creative use of its source material, but when you get right down to it? You charge through twenty-three levels. They crumple like tissue paper. Sometimes, that's all you want. There's a time and place for grand adventures and monstrous puzzles. If you're not in that time and place, this hold is for you.

That's the other thing I like about this hold. There's no pretense of difficulty. If the author tried to create a deeply cerebral experience but could only produce this, then I'd be less impressed. But he didn't. He set a simple goal and achieved it. There's something pure in that kind of artistic expression that I just have to appreciate. Not everyone wants to relax with DROD. For some, DROD is their high-octane. And not everyone who relaxes with DROD can relax with this. We all have different preferences. But for the few of us who appreciate this style of simplicity, this works.

There are holds to be disappointed in. This is not one of them.
1 brain
7 fun
02-24-2019 at 01:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : the zone (Miniature) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes