Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Suwako Prizes (Various)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.3/10 (7 votes)
σ 0.88
Author Name:Suwak0
Submitted By:Suwako
Hold Name:Suwako Prizes
Theme:Various
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:6
Number of Rooms:50
Number of Monsters:1117
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Suwako Prizes.hold (27.6 KB)
Downloaded 763 times.
License: Other
icon Suwako Prizes  
First hold i've submitted here. It isn't very hard, but i hope u have fun with it. Thanks a lot to Chaco for feedback that made this hold better.
01-14-2012 at 07:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3408
icon Re: Suwako Prizes (+2)  
So I'm mostly done with this hold. And by mostly, I mean that I've done all the accessible rooms but Puzzle Prize: 1N1W, and and feeling perhaps a little unmotivated by that one.

I ended up enjoying it a fair bit. It feels very much like an AE hold, with swarms of monsters behind doors, some clever trapdoor mazes, and roach queens pestering Beethro whenever he tries to manipulate a mimic, but with the full set of modern elements. It's nice to see this sort of thing being made still.

The catch, I suppose, is that there are a few rooms that ended up massively harder than the rest - one might note from the high scores list that people have been cruising along through most of the rooms, and then the western rooms in Puzzle Prize have one high score each.

01-20-2012 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Yur-Val
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 66

File: DP.jpg (164.8 KB)
Downloaded 78 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Suwako Prizes (0)  
<<Suwako Prizes>> is certainly great hold! :thumbsup
But this decoy potion is unnecessary...

[Last edited by Yur-Val at 01-22-2012 10:57 AM]
01-22-2012 at 07:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
icon Re: Suwako Prizes (0)  
This is the second debut hold I've finished today and it's a very promising start from suwako.

This hold contains 4 small themed levels accessible from a central hub, plus an additional post mastery (of sorts) level with some harder varients from the earlier levels.

There isn't anything really original here, and there is some repetition of ideas, such as clearing trapdoors whilst fending off roaches, but there are some decent rooms. Notable examples would be Miscellany Prize: 1N1E & Monsters Prize: 1E which are decent tarstuff rooms and also Potions Prize: 2N1W which is a tricky clone room.

One thing which may put people off this hold is a couple of rooms in the puzzle level - specifically 1W and 1N1W. 1W isn't so bad and I was quite happy to paste a screengrab into paint to calculate the path but 1N1W is tricky - in the end I managed to find a Chaco demo in the architecture thread for the top half, and managed to do the bottom half with 50% analysis and 50% trial and error.

I don't think these two rooms should detract too much from the hold itself - it's a very good first hold although it might be a bit too much for beginners.

My verdict:

Difficulty: 5.5
Fun: 7

Progress - Gavin G
02-01-2012 at 12:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Suwako Prizes (Various) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com