Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 4 East (OK,... I made it this far, but,......)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Mjolnir29
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 4 East (0)  
I do not have enough HP to do diddly. I even took the speed potion back, got wall walking, got the hand bomb, and still can't do diddly. I thought I had been conservative and cautious and save and saved but I'm freakin' stuck again. Am I gonna have to go waaaaaay back and do things differently? AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I've been playin' Break Out of Jail for a week now!!! I see the maps in my sleep!!!! HHEEEEEELLLLLLPPP!!!!!!!! :~(
12-16-2010 at 03:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 4 East (+1)  
This is a fairly unforgiving hold. Remember you do not need to complete any part of the accessory swap to conquer (defeat 23rd Jailer) the hold. This means you need not waste HP on rooms such as Cell Block A: Once East, instead saving it for defeating the enemies of the final section of Imperial Defense.

There are a variety of strategies that can help you get past this tricky point. One is to use the aumtlich merchants to trade HP for a higher ATK and DEF, though the HP loss is costly and will not benefit the player if they did not have enough HP in the first place. Depending on how many hit points you currently have, you should either restart the entire hold or avoid participating in the accessory chain altogether. The former will ensure a better playthrough that might let you win the game while the latter will save you time, assuming the hold has not yet been rendered unsolvable by that point.

Basically, your best bet is to restore to before entering the accessory swap.

Keep in mind that, if your intention is to defeat the harder boss (Vat Keeper), you will need a ridiculous amount of HP and greckles. This is impossible on the first playthrough; you should not attempt it until you have conquered the hold.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
12-16-2010 at 03:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mjolnir29
icon Re: Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 4 East (0)  
12th Archivist wrote:
This is a fairly unforgiving hold. Remember you do not need to complete any part of the accessory swap to conquer (defeat 23rd Jailer) the hold. This means you need not waste HP on rooms such as Cell Block A: Once East, instead saving it for defeating the enemies of the final section of Imperial Defense.

There are a variety of strategies that can help you get past this tricky point. One is to use the aumtlich merchants to trade HP for a higher ATK and DEF, though the HP loss is costly and will not benefit the player if they did not have enough HP in the first place. Depending on how many hit points you currently have, you should either restart the entire hold or avoid participating in the accessory chain altogether. The former will ensure a better playthrough that might let you win the game while the latter will save you time, assuming the hold has not yet been rendered unsolvable by that point.

Keep in mind that, if your intention is to defeat the harder boss (Vat Keeper), you will need a ridiculous amount of HP and greckles. This is impossible on the first playthrough; you should not attempt it until you have conquered the hold.

Thank you for the tips. I have elected to restart at the beginning of A Block and try an extremely conservative approach. Since I have pretty much memorized what each room has in it and where it leads I should wind up with more HP when going in to Imperial Defense. I'll skip all of the accessories except the grappling hook and see what happens. Thanks again! :thumbsup
12-16-2010 at 02:20 PM
Mjolnir29
icon Re: Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 4 East (0)  
Mjolnir29 wrote:
12th Archivist wrote:

Thank you for the tips. I have elected to restart at the beginning of A Block and try an extremely conservative approach. Since I have pretty much memorized what each room has in it and where it leads I should wind up with more HP when going in to Imperial Defense. I'll skip all of the accessories except the grappling hook and see what happens. Thanks again! :thumbsup

Still stuck after going way back and trying different strageties. I make it almost all the way thru Imperial Defense but wind up with either not enough green keys or not enough HP (or both) to kill the rock monsters and the adder to open the red gate. Grrrrr.
12-18-2010 at 06:29 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Break Out of Jail! : Imperial Defense : 3 North, 4 East (OK,... I made it this far, but,......)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com