Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : RPG Anonymous 3 (Completed!)
Page 4 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
IP: Logged
icon Re: RPG Anonymous 3 (0)  
Maybe you'd better try that.
01-20-2011 at 04:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1055
Bumping again to see if there is perhaps renewed interest in this or if there is not.

If you have interest, go look on page 4.

04-20-2011 at 05:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
hyperme wrote:
SCREW THE SIGN UPS, I HAVE A NEW METHOD!

So I made a Level 5. It has 14 rooms that need building. I'll be making two, so it really more like 12. Anyhow, since getting peeps to sign up isn't working, I'm using a new approach.

If you want to contribute, PM me up to two avalible spaces. I'll then mark them as being worked on. You then get seven days to make your room(s). Make, mail them to me. Then I'll cross off the room slot, and put your name next to it.

Level 5:

Level 5 will require two Blue Key to get through. The theme is Jutt's Sandstone(go get it). Multiplier is x3. There will be a boss.

List of Rooms for Level 5 :

Once South, Once East
Once South, Twice East
Twice South
Twice South, Twice East
Thrice South
Thrice South, Once East
Thrice South, Thrice East
Thrice South, Quarce East
Quarce South, Thrice East
Quarce South, Quarce East
Quince South, Twice East
Quince South, Thrice East

No required boss for Level 4. However, an optional boss to skip Levels 5 and 6 is avalbile for extreme optimizers, and needs statting.

My E-mail: clockoutguy[at]yahoo.co.uk

So, drop in some rooms. What could go wrong? Other than horrible copyright problems. Maybe I should just say by contributing rooms, you're giving permission for their use. Actually, I will.

By contributing rooms to this project, you give permission for them to altered and for them submitted to CaveralNet as part of a Level Set, by the 'Project Manager', Hyperme.

MANY MONTHS LATER...

Anyone want to contribute? You don't even have to make some rooms. Testing the thing out for boss statting purposes would be welcome.

If this doesn't get any progress by the new year, I'll just declare the project dead and see if I can release what we managed to build.

[Last edited by hyperme at 11-15-2011 09:16 PM]
11-15-2011 at 09:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
I'll test it. Don't have time for any building :(
11-16-2011 at 05:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
The Stew Boy wrote:
Well, I need someone else to post their stats, because I still cannot get anywhere near level 5 myself.

I might have another go in the near future, but it's unlikely that I'll suddenly do a lot better than my last 20 tries, and in fact I'll probably do worse, because over the last 10 months I've forgotten the small number of tricks I learned before.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 11-17-2011 06:43 AM]
11-17-2011 at 06:40 AM
Blondbeard
You can get to the fifth level, but only by not picking up stuff on level 3 and 4. There is too little life on level 3 and 4 to be able to pick up stuff, and live to tell the tale. The thing is that you can't reach 150 ATK, and thus you can't beat swordsmen in any way resembling painless.

There are lots of places that are guaranteed to cost lives, but as I said there aren't that much lives. I think you'll have to save 1300 lives in order to get the level 4 blue key so you can progress to level 5.
11-19-2011 at 08:21 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Not entirely true that *only* by not picking up stuff part. On page three I posted stats after clearing all of L1-L4.

I'll have to play this again though, have forgotten just about everything by now.
11-19-2011 at 09:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Not true at all, it would seem :) Impressive! I really don't unterstand how you did it at the moment. By the way: The wubba at level 4 is possible to kill with the handbomb, but the passage doesn't lead anywhere.

I reached level 5 with the much more humble stats 106/205/90/5/7, 572GR

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 11-19-2011 10:47 AM]
11-19-2011 at 10:44 AM
hyperme
Would replacing some potions with higher leveled ones solve the health problem? Or is it more of a 'everyone placed to few potions which were to expensive' problem?

Also, the Wubba is a placeholder thingy. The lefter* passage is meant to lead to Level 6/7, but there's no 6 or 7 yet.

11-19-2011 at 07:46 PM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (25.8 KB)
Downloaded 33 times.
License: Public Domain
In case anyone cares I've edited some rooms. These changes are:

Level 3:

The Entrance: You can now open a path between the two staircases, from the East entrance.
1N1W: The Handbomb event now builds floor over the two Yellow Doors need to access the two chambers due to the layout change.
1S1E: You can now pay 1500 Greckles to open a path by the pressure plate, allowing the Swordsman to by bypassed. Additionally, the layout was changed slightly for movement convience.

Level 4:

3S: The Aumtlich has been replaced with a new, life sucking alternative. Two more Gems of each type were added along with a green key and two large health potions. However, the room layout has been somewhat changed.
4S: The big one. The West chamber now contains a Longsword and two DEF Gems, while the East chamber now contains a Steel Shield and two ATK Gems. Both chambers also have two medium health potions.

Now, unless I've suddenly improved at DROD: RPG, these changes happen to reduce the difficultly a fair amount. Also, Level 3 and Level 4 have sort of half merged into a single entity.

02-29-2012 at 07:43 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: RPG Anonymous 3 (+2)  
Bump :) We've been discussing in chat the possibility of finishing off this hold, as well as starting a new collaboration. To help with the process, I'm playing through the hold as it stands now, and I'll post stats after each level, and some feedback once I've got as far as I can.

After Level 1 boss:
73 HP, 35 ATK, 37 DEF, 17/3/0 keys

After Level 2 boss:
381 HP, 75 ATK, 53 DEF, 17/6/0 keys

Opened blue door in Level 4:
615 HP, 134 ATK, 114 DEF, 4/2/0 keys

End of Level 4:
1699 HP, 224 ATK, 192 DEF, 3/0/0 keys

There's still some stuff left I could collect, though when I would collect it depends on how the next level turns out. I chose to kill the Fegundo for my last blue key, so there's one more blue key I can get for around 500 HP, by killing the Swordsman in Level 3. I haven't yet got the Speed Potion.

Overall thoughts: So far, this is a pretty nice hold -- fun, with interesting decisions, but not too difficult. There were a few times when it looked like I was going to be stuck, then reducing one enemy type to manageable damage (Antlions, Grey Men, Red Guards) allowed me to make a lot of progress quickly. I like the fact that the early key surplus is mitigated by good things you can get later at a high key cost, so that ordinary players can progress, but optimisers will be able to keep more keys for a higher score.

Level 4 can be finished long before all the stuff on 3 and 4 is attainable, so I definitely hope there will be at least one more level, to give the player incentive to open that blue door and still find a route through the levels to get all the stuff.

There are a few places where I'd suggest layout changes to make it easier to get around: for instance, in 4:4S1W, once you've reached both sides of the door, it's annoying that you can't easily get between them. If hyperme decides to continue the hold, I'll go through again and make a list of suggested changes.

[Last edited by Nuntar at 11-07-2015 10:48 PM]
11-07-2015 at 09:02 PM
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: RPG Anonymous 3 (+1)  
Going to post some stats here as I reach each scorepoint.

Guardians Defeated
15 HP - 35 ATK - 37 DEF - 12 YK - 7 GK - 0 BK - 0 SK - 546 Score

This was a very lazy attempt and I completely unnecessarily wasted a green key.

-----

Level 2 Boss Defeated
390 HP - 75 ATK - 53 DEF - 11 YK - 6 GK - 0 BK - 0 SK - 773 Score

Was rather annoying that to get to the other side of 1S2W, something I had to do multiple times, I had to run around the entire level.

-----

Was waiting for an end of level 4 scorepoint but I guess there wasn't one? It would be a good place for one.

End of level 4
1721 HP - 225 ATK - 191 DEF - 5 YK - 6 GK - 0 BK - 0 SK - N/A Score

Note that there are a number of score-positive trades I could make right now, including a fairly cheap blue key.

I really struggled with this level until I found the handbomb quite late, which is really crappily hidden IMO. I used it to get the sword on level 4, which made an enormous difference. Had I restarted the level knowing this so I could get the sword a bit earlier, I think I would have done quite well, but couldn't be bothered.

This hold was a fine level of difficulty in levels 1 and 2 but shot up quite substantially in level 3, where a lot of the monster were just too strong most of the time. Health also seemed very tight in this level.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 11-08-2015 06:13 PM]
11-08-2015 at 02:39 PM
hyperme
It's nice to after all this time, people still want to see this finished!

There's certainly things to be fixed, but I think these are basic goals:

Start up the sign ups again for Level 5
Add some shortcuts to certain areas, such as Level 2 and Level 4: 4S1W
Remove the terrible hidden things added by hyperme when he was younger and sillier, and replace them with non-hidden things.
Replace the artwork lost in the abyss of time. (Foil and Powersquare)
Maybe tweak the difficultly if the hold is too hard.

[Last edited by hyperme at 11-08-2015 06:23 PM]
11-08-2015 at 05:56 PM
Nuntar
I don't really agree; hidden bonuses and the fun of discovering them are a classic part of the DROD RPG experience.

Anyhow, here's my list of places where navigation could be improved:

1:3S -- This is the only room with hot tiles; could we get rid of them and have a hot-tile-free hold? You could replace them with Mad Eyes facing the squares.

1:3S1W -- SW orb toggles doors on both sides, so you have to strike it every time you pass through the room (and can't ctrl-move). Just have it open both sets of doors.

2:2S -- Green door remains blocking access after level is complete. I suggest an orb beyond the blue door that opens it.

2:1W -- Put wall at (13,0) and (14,0) to make clear that there is no adjoining room.

2:1S2W -- Be careful here. It's important that opening the red door in 1S1W remains required to reach the powerups in 1S2W. An acceptable solution would be a connection between the tokens and the top bridge with a door that opens from the tokens' side.

4:1S1W -- Maybe make the PP open (not toggle) the door, so that if you open it with a key, you can later kill the Soulless for cash?

4:4S1W -- You know my gripe here.

The difficulty is fine, and in fact I'm worried that giving both a sword and shield upgrade in 4:4S may make things too easy from here. But the upgrades are expensive, so it may be fine.

11-08-2015 at 08:12 PM
hyperme
Since people have mentioned interest in an RPG collab in chat, and HA3 is rising like a Fegundo from the ashes, I think it's time to re-open sign ups for Level 5!

If you're interested, post in the thread, and I'll put you on the list. Once we have enough people, we can start building. :D

(Also you can send a PM I guess)

List of Cool People:

kieranmillar
Nuntar
Insoluble
PigmyWubba
Jeff_Ray...

[Last edited by hyperme at 11-10-2015 07:42 PM]
11-09-2015 at 08:08 AM
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
Hey I'll sign up for this. I've never designed rooms for RPG before though, so I fully expect my first attempt to be not so great.

11-09-2015 at 07:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
PigmyWubba
Rank Points: 151
I'm interested in doing a few (maybe more than a few) rooms.

11-09-2015 at 10:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Oh what the hey, I'll join too! :D

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-10-2015 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Well, with five people having signed up, we can now make a decently sized level. I thing it's best to start the building phase on Thursday or Friday, since that gives people time to sign up if they want, and gives people the weekend to start building.

11-10-2015 at 08:39 PM
hyperme

File: rpganon3level5.png (1.7 KB)
Downloaded 428 times.
icon Re: RPG Anonymous 3 (+3)  
Well, it's Thursday so let's get building!

Here's a nice picture of the level map:

You'll note that each room has a number. Each person has also been assigned a number. Your rooms are the rooms containing your number. Simple! Once you're editing, you can remove the number, or work it into your room's layout. Here are the numbers:

1. Insoluble
2. Jeff_Ray...
3. kieranmillar
4. hyperme
5. PigmyWubba
6. Nuntar

(Both numberings provided by the lovely people at Random.org)

Before you open up DROD RPG to start making your amazing rooms, here are some rules and guidelines. Breaking rules is super bad and shouldn't be done. You can get away with bending or even breaking the guidelines, however. Provided you do it in a way that enhances the hold.

RULES:

1. Only edit your rooms. If you edit other rooms, I just won't copy them over to the main hold, so you can't get around this rule.
2. Don't edit the borders of your rooms. This messes up the connections with other rooms. If you changed the borders, I'll probably change them back.
3. No %-damage. That means no hot tiles, no Aumtlich and no custom monsters with the beam behavior. This also means no custom monsters that do %-damage via scripting tricks. If you add these, beam monsters will be replaced with a beamless custom monster with the same stats, and hot tiles will just be removed.
4. No rooms where the main feature is expending a bunch of resources just to be able to get between room entrances. This just ends up being a roadblock for weaker players, or the level layout means it's completely useless.
5. Don't talk about your room with other players. Or at least, the stuff actually in the room. You can say how much progress you've been making.

Guidelines:

1. If you want some general RPG building advice, check out the DAA Architectural Handbook, especially the posts by Nuntar.
2. If you're thinking of adding an Accessory to your room, also check the post on Accessory abuse in the Handbook, by TFMurphy.
3. If you want to make a fancy custom item, consider how it will affect the overall game play. An accessory that converts Greckle gains into health gain is probably okay. An item that does the opposite probably isn't.
4. If you want the player to choose between things, don't make the choice really unbalanced. Stuff like getting smacked in the face by 3 swordsmen is going to be avoided if possible.
5. If you're going to rearrange the room using script commands, consider adding a NPC to give a hint about it.
6. Unless you've got an argument to back it up, avoid custom monsters or NPCs that reduce ATK or DEF. Equipment is okay. If you do, Rule 3 still applies.
7. Remember to have fun!

The Level:

Level 5 is pretty deep down, and thus has a modifier of x3. The style used is Jutt's Sandstone, which you can find here. Based on the stats posted by Nuntar and keirenmillar, the player will probably have at least 200 ATK and 180 DEF. This means some appropriate monsters are:

Easy: Gel Baby, Fegundo, Waterskipper, Seep
Medium: Draining Aumtlich*, Pirate, Rock Giant
Hard: A Wubba that fights back, Gel Mother, Slayer, Adder, Custom Monsters**, Medium Stuff + Brain^

*Draining Aumtlich has the stats of an Aumtlich. It also has an effect like Attack in Front, which gives it HP equal to the damaged caused.
**Really you can use custom monsters for other tiers as well.
^Since most monsters become harmless due to DEF, Brain probably up tiers a lot more monsters.

Also, oremites will take a pretty big chunk out of the player's stats, so they can be used.

To reach the boss in 4S, the player needs to hit the plates on both sides of 2S, and use two blue keys.

Submission

To submit your rooms, email me your copy of the hold at clockoutguy[at]yahoo[dot]co.uk. Replace the stuff in the brackets with the appropriate symbols. Alternately, upload the hold to Dropbox or something and send me a link in a PM.

I'll say that the deadline is the 19th of November. If you need more time, send me a PM and I'll be cool with it. If you need more time and don't send a PM, I will be grumpy.

The Hold:

The latest version of the hold is attached to the next post, with Level 5 set up for building. I've made a few changes. Most of these a shortcuts, but I've also removed the 2 hot tiles that were in the hold. Also, the hold is now a different one from before, meaning saves won't be compatible. This is sadly unavoidable.

If you have any questions, post them in the thread and I'll answer as quickly as I can.

11-12-2015 at 08:29 PM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (26.7 KB)
Downloaded 30 times.
Here's the hold!

Changes:

*Removed the hot tiles from Level 1: 3S. Replaced them with two Acidic Eyes, a custom monster with 40 HP, 65 ATK, 20 DEF and 12 GR/REP.
+Some key for HP trades in the empty rooms in Level 3.
+Orb in Level 1: 3S1W now opens the doors.
+Same with the plate in Level 4: 1S1W.
+Added a path between the north and south of Level 2: 1S2W, which is opened from the south.
+Added a pressure plate to open the green door in Level 2: 2S, behind the blue door.
+Added hints for getting the Short Sword in Level 2: 2S1W.
+Added a hint for the getting the Handbomb in Level 3: 1N1W.
+If you can reach both sides of Level 4: 4S1W, you can open the door without fighting.
+Added a Scorepoint to the end of Level 4S.
+Power square has a new graphic.

11-12-2015 at 08:30 PM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (30.3 KB)
Downloaded 28 times.
Huzzah, Level 5 is complete... ish!

So it's testing time. The level is fairly open, but there are some tougher parts about it.

Incidentally, as you go round Level 5 collect gems and other goodies, you'll notice that the current enemy set is getting pretty harmless. For Level 6 to not be a cakewalk, we'll need a way of increasing the power level of monsters. There are two solutions; the quick one and the interesting one.

The quick solution is to increase the Monster stat modifiers to 200 on opening/entering Level 6. This doubles the HP, ATK and DEF of all default monsters. Simple!

The interesting solution is to make a set of custom monsters to use in Level 6. Theoretically, we can even do this as part of the game, where we all make custom monsters.

Anyway, the hold is attached, with Level 6, and a minor change in where some doors appear.

11-18-2015 at 06:03 PM
kieranmillar
I had to restart the hold from scratch. Managed to get to the Level 4 Complete scorepoint with some better optimisation, but have ran out of time tonight so never really got a chance to play level 5 in the end!

Here's my new scores that I'll be starting level 5 with. I've done basically nothing in level 4 except for get the weapon and shield (used the handbomb here too), still have some left in level 3, never used the altar, never picked up the bronze shield. These stats might be too low for level 5, but we'll see what the deal is when I go into it.

HP: 59
ATK: 171
DEF: 150
Keys: 0/2/0

Because these stats can be misleading because they don't show what I've still got left available to me, here is an imgur album that shows the current state of the rooms in my save. If a room is missing, then it is either devoid of monsters and pickups (because I've killed/collected them all), is unexplored (the east and west sides of level 4) or is otherwise totally uninteresting.

http://imgur.com/a/FGowQ
11-18-2015 at 10:37 PM
Nuntar
Rather than start over, I've cleaned up the early levels as much as I can, and I'll playtest Level 5 in the editor without ever returning to previous levels. Here are my stats on entering Level 5:

135 HP
246 ATK
208 DEF
2017 GR (next upgrade is 2277)
7/2/1 keys

From this starting point, I was able to reach the end of Level 5 with these stats:

81 HP
306 ATK
250 DEF
2794 GR
3/1/0 keys
+ either of the caches beyond the Rock Giant in 3S1W

So, a few problems with the level.

* First and foremost: it is very difficult to recover HP. It would be nice if there were more key -> HP trades. While I did get to the end, one of the blue keys was unreasonably cheap, and fixing that will make the HP shortage a severe problem. (I know it looks like I didn't finish with many keys, but there were several I could get fairly cheaply and then use them to get HP, if such trades were available.)

* In my room 1E, the SW orb and black door are pointless since you can get round the other side for free. Please remove them.
* 2S1E: 180GR for 3ATK and a blue key? Easiest decision ever!
* The new power square is really expensive to reach, and it only gives 1ATK per shot more than the previous square.
* 2S: Everything here hurts too much (a brained Pirate does 1210 damage even with final stats). The only way to survive the room is to kill the brain and forget the gems.
* The Adder in 2S1W simply cannot be killed with stats attainable in this level. (How about making it a brained Rattlesnake?)
* The twice-brained Seep in 1S1W hurt so much that taking the eastern route for a single hit is the only choice. Perhaps reduce the brains to one?

[Last edited by Nuntar at 11-19-2015 06:48 PM]
11-18-2015 at 11:06 PM
kieranmillar
My own thoughts, as posted into chat just now:

(07:00 PM) kieranmillar OK some quick feedback for level 5 of RPGHA3
(07:00 PM) kieranmillar The altar is really bad. It costs a ton to get to for hardly any sort of upgrade, seems not worth bothering to use
(07:00 PM) kieranmillar I mean upgrade over the previous altar
(07:01 PM) kieranmillar 2S1E: Will happily open greckle doors instead of yellow doors. Structure of this room is a bit weird
(07:02 PM) kieranmillar 1S1W: Double brained seep? This room is a total no-go until you can one-shot the seep.
(07:03 PM) kieranmillar Overall: The use of seep and waterskippers for damage is not really met with adequate amounts of health potions. They hit like a truck and there is little recourse until you can one-shot them
(07:04 PM) kieranmillar Other stuff seems Ok? Level seems quite hard to deal with overall.
(07:05 PM) kieranmillar As it stands it's totally not worth skipping the first altar. Which is not necessarily bad, but that's how it is at the moment.
(07:06 PM) kieranmillar Depending on what sort of changes might be planned to make to this level, I might be better off reloading to level 3 to go heavy on using the first altar early instead of where I'm at right now
(07:07 PM) kieranmillar Guess I'll post this in the forum too.

In general the level has lots of quite hard monsters, specifically pirates, and lots of high damage dealers like seep, waterskippers and pirates. Lots of choices involve taking damage, but you generally want to avoid most of this damage as health pickups are quite low by comparison. The level could do with some downgrading of enemies, perhaps, and a better understanding of greckle gates not being remotely equivalent to using a key. I have nearly 3,000 greckles, a 30GR door is nothing.
11-19-2015 at 07:14 PM
kieranmillar
So I've played a bit more and reached the end of level 5, by restoring to level 3 with the intent of this time using both altars. As last time, I provide an imgur album showing what I have left, sorry that one image is in there twice:

http://imgur.com/a/so200

Stats:
HP - 2,078
ATK - 299
DEF - 239
Keys - 2/7/0/0

Some further notes:
1) I have quite a large number of green and yellow keys available, with little to spend them on. Some doors --> HP at unfavourable score trade might be a good idea for less optimal players. But keep in mind that there's going to be a bit of a possible key glut in level 6.
2) The 330 ATK threshold is really important and will explode the door wide open for quite a lot of my remaining resources, and you can currently get quite close. Whether this happens in level 5 if the altar is upgraded slightly may or may not be something you care about, but bear in mind that it will absolutely happen fairly soon during level 6 at some point, after which a lot of resources + doubled greckle gains will come flooding in.
3) The level isn't all that hard to get past right now if you're willing to throw everything you have at either altar, but as you can see you really want to leave almost everything guarded by seep and pirates alone, so huge chunks of level 5 probably won't see play. But this is similar to how level 4 already is anyway.
4) You should definitely have a boss at the end of level 5, we are due one. I'd advise assume the player can reach 300 ATK, but I wouldn't aim too much higher than this or less skilled players might struggle a bit too much.

(This all assumes the current level 5 as is of course, any changes made will change things appropriately)

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 11-19-2015 09:18 PM]
11-19-2015 at 09:16 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Just got to the end of L5... I did the following things on the run:

* Used the first altar three times (just to see if it's feasible to reach the 2nd and still get a reasonable number of uses out of it)
* Always bought DEF
* Never used handbomb (or speed potion, but you can never spare a blue key to get it given how hard some of the blue keys are to reach, so the blue door should probably be changed to something else)
* Played L5 less efficiently than the others, since it's probably getting changed a bit soon
* Managed to use the 2nd altar 5 times, so it's possible to get some value out of it, but it's probably still not worth it in its current form.

Even at the end of the level, almost none of the pirates seemed like worth fighting. Unbrained seep became almost harmless towards the end at least, which made parts of the level doable. Probably not touching L5:1S1W until you can 1-hit seeps.

Finished with
HP: 386 (could be more if I played L5 better, or spent keys for HP)
ATK: 266 (given this, I think it's a bad(tm) idea to assume the player will have 300 ATK and it would completely force them into never buying anything but ATK - just don't give the boss much over 200DEF and everything should be fine)
DEF: 297
GR: 3081
K: 9/6/0/0

Other misc notes
* Text in the 2nd room of the intro disappears too fast to read
* L2:2W could have a vision token added for convenience

[Last edited by Doom at 11-20-2015 01:12 AM]
11-20-2015 at 12:52 AM
kieranmillar
I'm glad that going a defense route while also not using the handbomb is viable, I tried it briefly and found I couldn't get anywhere even with using the handbomb thanks to lots of swordsmen on level 3 guarding stat gems and ended up being completely unable to damage the majority of monsters on level 5 because my attack was too low if I rushed there. Obviously need to try harder!
11-20-2015 at 07:41 AM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (30.3 KB)
Downloaded 32 times.
Newer version! Still Level 5 boss yet, but there are some changes that need feedback:

+Green Key in 1S1W is now Blue
>2S1E is now different
>Altar in 1S is now better in generally
>Some key -> health trades in 1S2W

11-23-2015 at 05:43 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
Alright, my final stats:
321/350/263
4343 GR
19/7/0/0 keys

Used the handbomb. (Would probably have used it on the wubba if there was anything behind there, though.
Didn't use the first altar.
Plenty of hp available for pickup behind doors.
7683 is the next altar cost.
11-23-2015 at 09:27 PM
Page 4 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : RPG Anonymous 3 (Completed!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com