Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Holding Dungeon (Not much of a theme)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.7/10 (11 votes)
σ 2.18
Author Name:rj
Submitted By:blorx1
Hold Name:Holding Dungeon
Theme:Not much of a theme
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:34
Number of Monsters:943
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:2 (+2 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Holding Dungeon.hold (21.5 KB)
Downloaded 855 times.
License: Other
icon Holding Dungeon  
This is my first hold and I think that I did reasonably well making it, except the difficulty curve is sort of random.

Enjoy!

11-13-2009 at 03:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Holding Dungeon (0)  
Introducing blorx! :)

There's quite a variety in here, but the focus seems to be on trapdoor puzzles, golem packing, and quick tarstuff efficiency puzzles. There's also a big variation in fun factor, as the puzzles range from "ugh, do I have to?" to "wow, cool!"

My very favorite rooms include:
* Prison Cells 1W, a tight golem packing puzzle where you have to do a bunch more thinking than packing,
* Prison Cells 1N, where the best part of the puzzle involves golem packing and mirrors,
* the secret room towards the west side of Prison Cells, which I'll leave as a surprise,
* Solitary Confinement 1S1E, a puzzle where you may use tarstuff switchers a limited number of times,
* the secret room in Solitary Confinement, which I initially didn't like but warmed up to after the floor pattern was redesigned,
* Cell Block 15 1S, a clever puzzle involving a brained snake and a briar timer.

Give it a try and see what you think. I hope we'll be seeing more from blorx in the future.
11-13-2009 at 03:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Holding Dungeon (+1)  
This is a fun little hold with a consistent and not too easy difficulty level.

I enjoyed almost all of the puzzles, although I haven't solved some of the secret rooms yet.

I give it a 7 for fun and 5.5 brains of difficulty.

Josh

11-13-2009 at 11:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Thanks for creating this nice hold.
11-30-2009 at 01:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
This is a nice hold. While it suffers from a few presentation issues (making one of the more tedious rooms the very first thing the player sees, checkpoint scarcity), the vast majority of the rooms are good. I particularly liked the golem packing and trapdoor/bridge rooms, and the hold is nicely decorated. I hope to see more from this architect.

12-02-2009 at 05:18 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Holding Dungeon (Not much of a theme) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com