Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : Not really press but...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
IP: Logged
icon Not really press but... (+1)  
DROD is back on HOTU. I'm not sure if this would be considered a press mention, but if it weren't for that HOTU write-up, DROD would not be what it is today.

07-09-2009 at 02:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Not really press but... (0)  
Sigh, poor Underdogs. I'm glad to hear it's starting to recover after its sundry lobotomies.
Snacko wrote:
I'm not sure if this would be considered a press mention, but if it weren't for that HOTU write-up, DROD would not be what it is today.
Thank you for posting this. If not for HotU, I myself wouldn't have learned about DROD, and who knows how far it would have come otherwise. Thank you, Snacko and zex, for your comments on the site to restore what knowledge has been lost.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-16-2009 07:09 PM]
07-16-2009 at 07:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
Just a heads up: one more perfect review, and DROD will be the highest rated game on the site.

07-17-2009 at 06:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
I've posted another review on the page, and while I will be quick to disparage my own review and writing skills, I believe I have given more information and justification for why DROD is a great game.

While I didn't find DROD from Home of the Underdogs, I can certainly understand the role it played in the earlier days and I think praising it more in that sort of public place, further solidifying its top-rated puzzle game status is good.

(I'm at least slightly disappointed now that my review precedes Snacko's and zex's wonderful reviews, which I think are well-done and are probably more succinct and effective at conveying their messages.)

[Last edited by Chaco at 10-05-2009 10:08 PM]
10-05-2009 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : Not really press but...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com