Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Paycheck : Smitemaster : Entrance (Cannot figure it out)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
IP: Logged
icon Paycheck : Smitemaster : Entrance (0)  
Can somebody please give me a hint on what to do, i have tried a lot and thought a lot but i can't crack this, could i please have som help?

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
04-05-2009 at 04:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4596
icon Re: Paycheck : Smitemaster : Entrance (0)  
It's hard to give hints for this room because it depends on what resources you have coming into the room, and on whether you want to reach the secret room.

One simple route through this room:
Click here to view the secret text

How to access the secret room:

[Last edited by Nuntar at 04-05-2009 12:57 PM]
04-05-2009 at 12:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
I've delved through this hold a couple time, and no matter how I do things, I end up at least 50 greckles away from exiting Smitemaster after accessing the secret room. I tried to get to the method suggested above, but I cannot seem to get those requirements without spending too much greckle. Can someone show me what I'm doing wrong:

1) First level I keep the yellow key
2) Second level I get the sword and drop the trapdoor
3) Third level I get the grappling hook, go left (instead of up which has a blue key and a trapdoor), get the extra key, the skeleton key
4) Fourth level I get the blue key
5) Fifth level I get to the yellow keys by wasting a yellow key, I get the briar cutter
6) Fourth level I get the 2 green keys
7) Third level I get the 2 blue keys
8) Second level I get the RBS and the greckle behind the green door
9) Fifth level I get to the secret rooms, beat them and return (I remember someone saying they got to the secret rooms with 651HP, but I see no potions anywhere)
10) I return to get the briar cutter and go back to the Fifth level taking the route that requires the briar cutter, green key and 2 greckle gates
11) I find myself short 50 greckles

Another route I've taken is not getting the briar cutter and taking the left route, but still short 50 greckles. What am I missing here?

Also, how did people kill an aumtlich and survive?
09-30-2010 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Lamkin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 606
vinheim wrote:
Can someone show me what I'm doing wrong
Possibly. I tried to recreate your route exactly, but I wasn't able to because, oddly enough, I didn't have enough greckles to get to where you'd gotten. Had you used one of your green keys to get the extra greckles in the second level?
So, since I can't say for certain, my guess is that your steps six and seven were a waste of too many greckles; seems like you had to close and open too many of the same greckle gates.

Also, I'd...

[Last edited by Lamkin at 10-03-2010 05:52 AM]
10-03-2010 at 05:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Paycheck : Smitemaster : Entrance (Cannot figure it out)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com