Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : A question about submitting part of a hold
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
HEROACE
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon A question about submitting part of a hold (0)  
Well I'm almost done one level of my hold, but it doesn't have a plot at the moment. So would it be frowned apon to upload the level and than add a plot to it later, pretty much I'm asking if this would be like breaking the rule about not submitting half levels.

03-25-2009 at 04:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: A question about submitting part of a hold (0)  
The "rules" in the Architecture forum are not strict at all. It's to be expected that a new architect will need more frequent feedback than a veteran. The only thing I'm personally picky about, is I like architects to play through their rooms themselves before posting them here. If you need feedback on your hold now, and you've played the rooms you have so far, go right ahead and attach it to a post here. :)
03-25-2009 at 04:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
HEROACE
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
Thanks, I've made sure all the rooms I've made so far are beatable but I still need to make a few more rooms before the level is complete. Thanks for the offer though.

03-25-2009 at 05:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
Yes, it'd be a good idea to finish at least one level (or a section of one) before submitting it, so that people can comment on all of it at once rather than parts at a time. And then slowly work on the next level, and so on. Remember to keep an eye on everybody's comments and try to fix bugs they point out as soon as you can, and when you upload an updated hold, tell people which levels or which sections of levels are incomplete.

Oh, also, unless you really don't want people to look ahead, you have no reason to hide anything on Architecture; make your hold Anyone Edit so that we can better see how the hold works (such as where the entrances are, where staircases go, or the scripting). Once it gets to the point where you think it can be promoted to the Holds forum, you can change it back to Only You and Conquerors/Masters if you wish.

But really, most holds on here (except those by experienced architects) are only 30-70% complete. A hold is seldom completed before put on Architecture, so of course it's okay to put part of a hold here!

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 03-25-2009 02:14 PM]
03-25-2009 at 02:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : A question about submitting part of a hold
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com