Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 9 Once North Once East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
pd7899
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Level 9 Once North Once East (0)  
I have had it with this room I can\'t seem to figure out the key to getting all the roaches at a point where they can be conquered. Any one out there have any hints they would like to share. I thought I hated level eight and this level is not any better. I love the challenge but it gets frustrating every so often. Your help and hints would be helpful to my sanity. Thanks a lot.
04-25-2003 at 07:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Level 9 Once North Once East (0)  
Click here to view the secret text

04-25-2003 at 07:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
This is probably the second-most annoying room on this level. I liked a lot of the other ones. Zex's advice is accurate, but perhaps just knowing the final necessary configuration is not enough? I would suggest in this and the room after it to just take notes on what all of the orbs do. Make a map of the room on graph paper, and label the orbs with letters and the doors with numbers. Then note which orbs do what using the symbols. It can be time-consuming, but it is more calming than just randomly running around striking orbs, and you should eventually solve the room, assuming you don't write something down wrong. Remember, even if an orb doesn't toggle when you hit it a second time, you can still use the lightning bolts to know which doors it does effect, and try to figure out what it does.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-25-2003 at 07:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 578
Thats exactly the way I solved that room Oneiromancer. Pen and paper.
04-26-2003 at 02:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 9 Once North Once East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com