Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines - The game doesnt start (Leylines - The game doesnt start)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Enobayram
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Leylines - The game doesnt start (0)  
Hi, I've just downloaded leylines to my EEE PC with a clean installation of XP on it. I've extracted the zip and simply double clicked on leylines.exe. A blank window appeared and I got this "Leyline ... encountered a problem" message. an Error.txt has also appeared in the \data folder saying:

[startup] High resolution fails, attempting low...
[startup] One or more of the caps bits passed to the callback are incorrect.

I've DirectX 9.0c installed. I don't know if it's relevant but my screen resolution is 1024x600 and I can only change it to 800x600.

01-09-2009 at 11:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: Leylines - The game doesnt start (0)  
1024x600? Strange, don't you mean 1024x768?

Leylines expects either 1024x768 or 800x600. You might want to try running it full-screen instead, would that help?

01-09-2009 at 12:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Enobayram

File: Leylines.ini (69 bytes)
Downloaded 35 times.
License: Public Domain
Well, that's strange but true. EEE PC has a wide screen, 1024x600 fits very nicely (except for compatibility issues). Anyway, lucky for me, it also has this 800x600 option and it worked the way you suggested. It starts in fullscreen mode.

This solution would be more problematic for other people though. I was lucky to have another PC nearby and it runs the game fine. The Leylines.ini file appears after the first run. I simply copied that one to EEE PC and included FullScr:1. I'm attaching the \data\Leylines.ini file to this message, but I assume it will be outdated sometime.

01-09-2009 at 01:34 PM
Enobayram
Well, my problem's back. I've started the game, made a quick start and when I pressed next week, the game crashed. It suddenly leaves the full screen and an error message appears. I'm using Windows Professional edition SP3 by the way.

01-09-2009 at 03:25 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines - The game doesnt start (Leylines - The game doesnt start)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com