Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Full List of Eighther Profanity (Think of the children!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged
icon Full List of Eighther Profanity (+1)  
I'm sure that at least someone out there is not afraid to use swears and profanity in their holds, but they don't know how to use it without offending people. This list here defines what is safe for use and what is not.
Admittedly, I feel a little strange devoting an entire thread to useable profanity, even if it is just a video game.

Gob - A term usually meaning to shut up. Otherwise, it is the equivalent of Dang

Greb - A more striking way of saying "Gob"

Jeebus - Referring to Jeebus the Enforcer, oftentimes used as a chant for people trying to gain bravery or courage for an uncertain battle (see here for slightly more reference)

Flaming Fegundos - A term meaning great aggravation as to the object or situation (Read this for more information)

Scarbations - A term meaning surprise or can be used as an announcement to others (or maybe even yourself!)

Sweet Mother of a Spoostlefish - Much like Scarbations, this shows extreme surprise (for more information as to what a Spoostlefish is, go here)

Glub - A term usually meaning great depression over a situation. If used with a ! and the end of the word, it can be defined as angry and often pessimistic about something

Holy Hoobuffins - A term meaning great annoyance over a situation (for more information as to what a Hoobuffin is, see here)

Slitherbag - A mean term used for snakes. Being called a slitherbag means that you are looked upon as old and wrinkly

Frack - The equivalent of **** in English, best used only in the most intense situations

Tarbations - Much like Scarbations except few people use nowadays

Frick - Same as Frack, except less striking

Well, that's your list, everyone. Use it as you want. Tell me if I've missed anything, or if you have a really good suggestion that should be added to the list. :)

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
12-26-2008 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
icon Re: Full List of Eighther Profanity (0)  
I believe there are several other topics dedicated to this exact same topic, but I'm too lazy to post the links right now. Maybe someone hardworking like Lamkin can do it... :)

12-27-2008 at 04:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
zwetschenwasser wrote:
I believe there are several other topics dedicated to this exact same topic, but I'm too lazy to post the links right now. Maybe someone hardworking like Lamkin can do it... :)

You mean the one linked to in his post? :P
12-27-2008 at 04:38 AM
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Don't forget "Tar!"

12-27-2008 at 05:45 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Full List of Eighther Profanity (Think of the children!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com