Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Desktop Thread (show off how much of a neat freak you are!)
Page 1 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
IP: Logged
icon Desktop Thread (+1)  
Lot's of forums have done these kind of threads before, why not here? Simple, take a picture of your desktop and post it here. Let's start this thread off by posting mine first right here.

Post away!
04-09-2004 at 05:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181

File: desktop.jpg (63.9 KB)
Downloaded 174 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Desktop Thread (0)  
Dude, how is it that you don't have a desktop shortcut to DROD? Heathen! Anyway, mine's around here somewhere...

04-09-2004 at 05:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
DiMono wrote:
Dude, how is it that you don't have a desktop shortcut to DROD? Heathen! Anyway, mine's around here somewhere...

It's there! It's on my start menu bar icons... look a tad bit closer :P
04-09-2004 at 05:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Rank Points: 548

File: DaScreeny.jpg (143 KB)
Downloaded 178 times.
Here's my desktop.
Bonus points if you know the game the song comes from.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
04-09-2004 at 09:14 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Desktop Thread (+1)  
Well, right now my desktop looks like this.

The map is the game map for Puzzle Pirates, and I've got it there because it's handy. When I get tired of it, I'll switch it. I've got some nice images, actually, but I'm going for utility right now.

You'll notice there's no DROD icon either - this is because all my games are stowed in the games folder (which is usually open). DROD is not allowed an exception. The other reason is that I split my time between 1.6 and 1.7, and there's no point having a shortcut to 1.7 because it changes its location every build.

You'll also notice I have my taskbar twice as high as normal. I don't see why more people don't do this - it's not that much real estate, and you get heaps more room for buttons, as well as the day and, under the default XP theme, the date as well.

The three text files on my desktop are, from left to right, my gaming backlog, a script for a section of 1.7, and, well, autographs.txt will require some explaining, so I'm not going to.

I realise by posting this I can no longer deny I know nothing about 1.7, but then was anyone really fooled?

Matt

[Edited by Mattcrampy on 04-09-2004 at 09:37 AM GMT]

04-09-2004 at 09:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349

File: mj-desktop.jpg (87 KB)
Downloaded 146 times.
A screenshot of my desktop attached to this post. Yes, it happens every time I start up, and I usually can't be bothered to hit the button.
Matt: I would be better equipped to look at your screenshot if your cheesy password system let me through. :)
Nillo: Cool, you play Lemmings Paintball! :smile

04-09-2004 at 10:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Ooh, embarrasing.

And fixed!

Matt

04-09-2004 at 10:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290

File: Clipboard01.jpg (17.9 KB)
Downloaded 152 times.
I don't like clutter. ;)
04-09-2004 at 10:59 AM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
How do I make a screenshot of my desktop?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
04-09-2004 at 05:33 PM
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
How do I make a screenshot of my desktop?
Press the Print Screen key and paste into MS Paint or other paint/photo/image program of your choice, then save.
04-09-2004 at 05:51 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Alternatively download Gadwin PrintScreen and you can take screenshots of almost anything and immediately save them in any format to your hearts content.

[Edited by krammer on 04-09-2004 at 05:22 PM GMT: broken link]

"Oook!"
04-09-2004 at 06:22 PM
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961

File: CWdesktop.jpg (44.5 KB)
Downloaded 270 times.
Here's mine, teehee.

I don't like having icons all over the place. I sometimes make my own wallpapers (this isn't an example of one), so I like to be able to see it.
04-09-2004 at 07:55 PM
Atch
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 81

File: Desktop.zip (97.6 KB)
Downloaded 123 times.
I'm trying krammer's recommended Gadwin PrintScreen download, has it worked well?

Anyway, it has reminded me to delete those redundant DROD shortcuts.

The wallpaper shows a map of where I live: 13 Green Lane Court, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England. Hitchin is to be found on a dog-leg midway between London and Cambridge. I run the Residents’ Association that manages the two-storey block of sixteen flats and often use the map in documents relating to business: the green boundary shows the area of our freehold.

[Edited by Atch on 04-14-2004 at 01:58 PM GMT: Forgot to explain the wallpaper]
04-09-2004 at 10:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zmann
Rank Points: 241

File: desktop.JPG (26.6 KB)
Downloaded 124 times.
Here's mine. I don't like icons thrown everywhere, so I keep my icons to a minimum. I keep all my stuff in the John's Stuff folder.

I download straight to my desktop, so anything I just downloaded, but don't know if I want to keep it yet, I just leave it there.

I usually pick a color for my background every week. This week its purple. :D

-Zmann
04-10-2004 at 10:31 PM
squeekie
Rank Points: 140

File: desktop1.jpg (45.6 KB)
Downloaded 123 times.
here 'ya go:

04-11-2004 at 12:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
SKWERLL
Rank Points: 77

File: Bomby.PNG (307.8 KB)
Downloaded 130 times.
Here's mine. I like atomic bomb explosions!

The best hold in the world!
04-11-2004 at 01:34 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939

File: desktop-1.jpg (135.8 KB)
Downloaded 115 times.
Here's my wonderful screen, and yes, I'm one of those freaky people who puts their taskbar on a place other than the bottom of the screen.

Long live Windows 98!

04-14-2004 at 02:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
squeekie
Rank Points: 140
icon Re: Desktop Thread (+2)  
All you people with shortcut arrows on their shortcuts could eliminate the clutter using tweakui:

Click here to view the secret text

If you want to, that is. :~(

[Edited by squeekie on 04-14-2004 at 02:31 AM GMT]

04-14-2004 at 03:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stuwy
Gamer I saw Hover on your desktop. Like hover, the 3D flag game?
04-14-2004 at 03:30 AM
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580

File: desktop.jpg (179.4 KB)
Downloaded 133 times.
Here's mine. It's a Linux KDE 3.2 desktop with 4 virtual desktops. I usually use desktop 1 for misc stuff, 2 for the GIMP (graphics), 3 for terminals, coding and such, and 4 for XMMS (~winamp) and gaim (~messenger) and such, but it's not a fixed thing.

By the way, Clayton, that second IE window you've got open on your shot... I'm afraid to ask.

- Gerry

[Edited by trick on 04-14-2004 at 06:14 AM GMT]
04-14-2004 at 07:00 AM
RubellaGolda
Rank Points: 52

File: screen.jpg (235.1 KB)
Downloaded 127 times.
As a support to Trick, and to counterweight some of all those windows screens, here is my four-desk KDE screen...

04-14-2004 at 03:13 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Yes, it is Hover! the capture the flag game. I was searching through a Windows 95 Cd and found it there. Its a wicked game, but Microsoft no longer supports it and no one even attempted to make another game like it.

04-14-2004 at 04:36 PM
Stuwy
Wow that game kicked royal ass. It was so fun playing CTF first person with 12 hovercrafts zooming by you!
04-15-2004 at 12:39 AM
gamer_extreme_101
How true....I wonder why no one tried to make a sequel or even another game like it??? Everyone who has played it that I know of loves it....YOU HEAR THAT MICROSOFT???????

04-15-2004 at 12:45 AM
JayS
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16

File: desktop.jpg (169.6 KB)
Downloaded 109 times.
Here's mine.
04-17-2004 at 06:16 AM
ClaytonW
trick wrote:
By the way, Clayton, that second IE window you've got open on your shot... I'm afraid to ask.

Just a little pixel-pushing. I assure you, no such page exists... Though I can't honestly decide what Erik's rating would be on such a site, somewhere between a Brad Pitt and a Carrot Top.

I was waiting for someone to bring that up. It's not the only thing screwy about the screenshot...
...though certainly the most...
...creepy.
05-20-2004 at 07:38 AM
Drizzo
Rank Points: 179
Clay, I just wanna give respect to having the chicken dance playing... I have a disturbing German version by Fred Sonnenschien on my computer called "Ja, wenn weir allen Englein waeren" that truly chills me to the soul.

I don't know if that's the only thing you were referring to as towards strangeness on your desktop, but I'm gonna choose to treat it as a scavenger hunt

05-24-2004 at 05:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ClaytonW
There's two things in the screenshot that nobody's mentioned. One I think is obvious, and the other could possibly be overlooked many times--though everyone will realize its wrong when they see it.
05-24-2004 at 04:20 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
ClaytonW wrote:
There's two things in the screenshot that nobody's mentioned. One I think is obvious, and the other could possibly be overlooked many times--though everyone will realize its wrong when they see it.
1:

2:

05-24-2004 at 04:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Schik wrote:
ClaytonW wrote:
1:

2:

Yeah -

[Edited by eytanz on 05-24-2004 at 11:55 PM GMT]

05-25-2004 at 12:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 1 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Desktop Thread (show off how much of a neat freak you are!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com