Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : ATOTK (Beggar and rune: beggar and getting flute back)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hollybear2
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon ATOTK (0)  
I have been trying to use the rune on the beggar but am unable to because whenever I get the rune from the goblin camp, the beggar disappears from the bridge. When I try to use it on him at the shipwreck then I am unable to have a conversation with him.

Also, when I get my flute and have a conversation with the beggar, I never get the choice to tell him that I will talk to the townsfolk on his behalf. Because of this, I am also unable to talk to the townsfolk on the beggars behalf after I get him arrested (I make sure not to insult him).

I hope you can help me with this. I am not sure what to do to get the points for these things. Thanks for your help.

Hollybear2
09-26-2008 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: ATOTK (0)  
I moved this to the "Crystal Shard Games" board.

-Erik

09-26-2008 at 11:35 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Thank you, Eric.

Hollybear, you should try making friends (and I use the term loosely) with Ruadh before you can expect to get anything useful out of him. If you get him arrested, he'll be in the castle dungeon and you won't see him again.

09-26-2008 at 11:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hollybear2
Ok, I will make sure not to have him arrested. Although, the only other option I saw was to let him untangle himself from the net. I will try this and see what happens. Thanks. I really do like this game, even if I have had a few difficulties. I am a completionist and would like to try to get 100% Wisdom and Honor. I think I was only at 83 or something for both the first time I finished all the way through.
09-27-2008 at 11:52 PM
Hollybear2
Thank you for your help. In doing what you said, I found that I was choosing the wrong statement when talking to the beggar. I thought I was supposed to avoid saying anything to the beggar about being lazy so I never chose that option and thus never had the other conversations with the beggar.

I do have two other questions regarding the barghest. First, I was wondering if me having the horseshoe keeps the wizard from sicking the barghest on me because I am still waiting to confront the barghest and use the holy water on it?

Second, how do I break the crystal in the wizards tower after killing the barghest if I get killed when I return to the tower?
09-28-2008 at 01:13 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Hollybear2 wrote:
First, I was wondering if me having the horseshoe keeps the wizard from sicking the barghest on me because I am still waiting to confront the barghest and use the holy water on it?
No.

Second, how do I break the crystal in the wizards tower after killing the barghest if I get killed when I return to the tower?
Click here to view the secret text

09-28-2008 at 09:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hollybear2
Thank you very much for your help. I did finally meet up with the barghest after all. Also, thanks for the info about the tower. I thought I was missing a step. In the walkthrough it said something about getting the most points if you wait to kill the barghest before breaking the crystal ball. Either way, I will go back to a saved game a break the crystal ball also,, besides getting the snake figurine. I appreciate all of your help. I love these kinds of games.
09-29-2008 at 01:17 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : ATOTK (Beggar and rune: beggar and getting flute back)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com