Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 2 South, 4 East (Weak character against the 'gate keeper' baddies -- I am stuck!)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
pc_gamer
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged

File: Stuck at 2 South and 4 East.doc (916.5 KB)
Downloaded 80 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 2 South, 4 East (0)  
I seem to be in an impossible situation. I am not strong enough to defeat the red evil 'mad' eyes on this level. My attack is 35 and my defense is 35. In order to progress, I need to be able to attack and defeat them so I can go past to rooms further south. What I am I doing wrong? I have attached a screen shot of the room I am in for info. I had no problems in the first level of this hold (even though it was challenging). Now all of a sudden the difficulty got cranked way up with really tough baddies. Please help! :ranting
09-18-2008 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Timo006
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 518
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 2 South, 4 East (+2)  
pc_gamer wrote:
I seem to be in an impossible situation. I am not strong enough to defeat the red evil 'mad' eyes on this level. My attack is 35 and my defense is 35. In order to progress, I need to be able to attack and defeat them so I can go past to rooms further south. What I am I doing wrong? I have attached a screen shot of the room I am in for info. I had no problems in the first level of this hold (even though it was challenging). Now all of a sudden the difficulty got cranked way up with really tough baddies. Please help! :ranting
You don't have to fight the gray guy and the mad eye.
Click here to view the secret text

09-18-2008 at 09:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
enzi666
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 2 South, 4 East (+1)  
Exactly. Always keep wall walking in mind. It can also save you a key in the room where the vending machine is and much more places.

DROD AE: Finished - KDD2: Mastered
JTRH: Mastered
TCB: Mastered - RPG: Finished
GatEB: Mastered - TSS: Mastered
09-19-2008 at 12:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
pc_gamer
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 2 South, 4 East (0)  
Thank you, guys!! I did wall walking once, and then I forgot about it when I entered this hold. I won't forget now!!! :thumbsup
09-19-2008 at 05:51 AM
BSmartt
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
I am befuddled as to this wall walking concept in this section of the game (pretty well everywhere after homeland) cuz there is no picked up item to do it with (unless I've missed it)...I just simply don't have enough greckles or HP or attack to deal with the baddies on this level to go anywhere:(

am I missing something? Even the secret rooms need me to open red doors and have enough power to deal with gel monsters and the like, so I don't know how else to save on HP etc. I have diagonally avoided as many baddies as possible, but the yellow key pads with blue in them don't let you avoid the monster on the other side...help? I feel totally stupid but I can't get this...
12-28-2008 at 06:26 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
If you are on top of an open door, and close it, you will be on top of the door. From there, you can move freely on top of other adjacent closed doors. That is what wall walking is referring to here.
12-28-2008 at 06:28 AM
BSmartt

ok, got that, which doesn't solve the problem of the red or black doors and the lack of HP etc to handle the baddies - those evil mad eyes are really annoying me
12-28-2008 at 06:47 AM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Are you fighting the bad guys or are you skipping them? If you're fighting them, you should stop and use some door walking. In this particular room, if you walk on the yellow door on the tile northwest of the closed red door, you may press "0" while on it to close the door. When you are on top of the door, walk southeast onto the red door. Once this is completed, walk south and hit the orb to open the door.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
12-28-2008 at 06:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BSmartt
how much HP, Def and Atk should I have when I enter this friggin level?;) Cuz I am so not getting anywhere...
12-28-2008 at 07:20 AM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4592
27 ATK, 27 DEF and as many yellow keys as possible (I had ten). HP is completely unimportant -- you can enter the level with 1.

Click here to view the secret text

12-28-2008 at 12:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
BSmartt
cool, that helps a bunch - one more question tho, should I be approaching enemies in a similar fashion to other holds, as much as possible avoiding contact or kill kill kill? Cuz then my HP matters - just trying to get enough greckles is tricky
12-28-2008 at 05:08 PM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Avoid contact whenever possible. HP (like in all other RPG games) matters a lot. Those creatures you will have to contact will give you enough greckles for more alter boosts. :)

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
12-28-2008 at 05:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 2 South, 4 East (Weak character against the 'gate keeper' baddies -- I am stuck!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com