Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 6 South (Help! Can't get Goblin Biter)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
pangyan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 6 South (0)  
I just can't get to Goblin Biter and there is no way I can pass the Goblin King without it. I've searched the entire level and found quite a few secret rooms, but nothing that will help me get Goblin Biter (I think I need a portable orb?).

09-15-2008 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 6 South (+2)  
pangyan wrote:
I just can't get to Goblin Biter and there is no way I can pass the Goblin King without it. I've searched the entire level and found quite a few secret rooms, but nothing that will help me get Goblin Biter (I think I need a portable orb?).
Nope, no portable orb is needed here.

Click here to view the secret text

09-15-2008 at 01:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 6 South (0)  
I have a more practical problem -- I have found every attack gem available but still don't have enough to even scratch the rock golems. Do I need to be using the machine? (I was advised earlier that I should wait until a chracter says I need to.)
09-15-2008 at 02:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 6 South (+1)  
jdyer wrote:
Do I need to be using the machine? (I was advised earlier that I should wait until a chracter says I need to.)
I could write a long answer here, but the short answer is "Yes".

09-15-2008 at 03:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
pangyan
Rank Points: 15
Man, I completely forgot about the door walking ability! I'll have to replay the level to optimize for that now... But it's so much fun, I don't mind.
09-15-2008 at 04:54 PM
Briareos
pangyan wrote:
Man, I completely forgot about the door walking ability! I'll have to replay the level to optimize for that now... But it's so much fun, I don't mind.
Yeah, the game is like being stabbed in the back, repeatedly - but you're enjoying it so much that you don't even notice... ;)

09-15-2008 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Briareos wrote:
pangyan wrote:
Yeah, the game is like being stabbed in the back, repeatedly - but you're enjoying it so much that you don't even notice... ;)
Ha! That's great! The happy-go-lucky side of me is half-toying with the idea of quoting you on the Caravel site where we share critical acclaim for the games. :P

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-16-2008 at 05:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
mrimer wrote:
Ha! That's great! The happy-go-lucky side of me is half-toying with the idea of quoting you on the Caravel site where we share critical acclaim for the games. :P
Well, go right ahead if you want... :)

09-16-2008 at 08:39 AM
enzi666
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
Yeah, the quote is more than fitting the game. :D

To get the goblin biter:

Overall I found that the level was really hard and you have to really plan ahead. That's the part of the game I really love.

DROD AE: Finished - KDD2: Mastered
JTRH: Mastered
TCB: Mastered - RPG: Finished
GatEB: Mastered - TSS: Mastered
09-17-2008 at 10:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
enzi666 wrote:
To get the goblin biter:

Overall I found that the level was really hard and you have to really plan ahead. That's the part of the game I really love.
Yeah - the first half of the game was the tutorial! :P

09-17-2008 at 12:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BSmartt
Rank Points: 19
I am so disappointed!! I've redone the game several times and everytime I get to the stupid goblin king I run out of HP and can't kill him by about a hundred HP, but no where can I figure on getting more - I've found all the secrets except if there's something beside the blue rattler, can't get 'er done! I am about several kills short of getting more HP from the machine too (need about a hundred more greckles) so it's extremely frustrating, not to mention that my attack still isn't high enough to kill the friggin blue gel mamas near the beginning of the last level where all the extra HP potions and keys are...Help!!!! Is there anything to be suggested for my dilemna? Besides the dreaded do it all over again?? I am not able to get out of the first level without using the machine once or twice on that level for HP...so that might be part of the trouble, but I can't see any other way to get my attack and defense high enough otherwise to even get to this level...
12-29-2008 at 08:01 AM
BSmartt
Rank Points: 19
took me long enough, but by jove I've got him finally;) It defo makes a diff if you power up on def and attack instead of HPing it all the way ...
12-29-2008 at 09:42 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : The Goblin Tribe : 6 South (Help! Can't get Goblin Biter)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com