Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Ben Chisel's Five-Sweet Speeking Grauns
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
IP: Logged

File: Ben Chisels FiveSweet Speeking Grauns.hold (63.8 KB)
Downloaded 67 times.
License: Other
icon Ben Chisel's Five-Sweet Speeking Grauns (0)  
As I'm sure many of you know, this is the hold I submitted to the Speaking Grounds contest. I'm considering putting it in the holds forum, but I wanted to drop it in here first to see what people thought about that. Is it too weird to go there? Does it need more actual DROD puzzles? Are there any glaring mistakes or bugs with it?

Test away, DRODites!

03-23-2004 at 03:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
IP: Logged
icon Re: Ben Chisel's Five-Sweet Speeking Grauns (0)  
Well, it's obviously not about DROD puzzles, so I would say it doesn't need more DROD puzzles, although a scroll warning people to not try solving rooms might be nice, as I did try to solve a few (the roaches in some of the exclusion room tunnels for example... via tedious switching of the orbs, you can do it) Although if you wanted to maybe force a little bit of puzzling, that wouldn't be bad either, just don't betray the spirit of your hold... One thing that would be nice, would be a more epic battle at the end battle, y'know, where you actually had to think or at least out slash your foe as opposed to just walking north... I don't recall any bugs exactly... but I was irritated at some parts by having to place the mimic EVERY time I entered the room immediately... I just don't like mimics at the entrance, although it worked at the front entrance to the suites... You definitely have to overhaul this when 1.7 comes out and you have the ability to make staircases go to specific locations though... Then I would definitely put puzzles all throughout it, because they would actually stay solved as opposed to just being solved when you were in that version of the floor..but regardless, it's a brilliant hold...

Oh yeah, Eytanz, you should get your Speaking Grounds into the holds forum as well, I don't think there's anything yours needs.

[Edited by Drizzo on 03-23-2004 at 03:35 AM GMT: left out a couple words]

03-23-2004 at 03:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Ben Chisel's Five-Sweet Speeking Grauns
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com