Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Tar Time (Various puzzles + tar)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.9/10 (15 votes)
σ 2.22
Author Name:Stu
Submitted By:Stuwy
Hold Name:Tar Time
Theme:Various puzzles + tar
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:27
Number of Monsters:757
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Tar Time.hold (13.2 KB)
Downloaded 2154 times.
License: Other
icon Tar Time  
Tar Time is an interesting hold with puzzles that include the use of tar. Uh oh, does that meen that you have to slap on some rubber boots and dive into thick, gooey, living stuff? The answer is yes. I recommend this hold to new and old players for a good tar festive fun!

02-26-2004 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
joker5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 607
icon Re: Tar Time (0)  
Wonderful. I haven't beat it yet but I'm enjoying every minute.

The only advice I can give is: If you're consistantly dying... take a break. When you come back you'll do much better.

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
02-27-2004 at 02:52 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I finally got around to playing this the other day. My opinions are sort of spoiler-ish, so here they come:
Click here to view the secret text
Well done.

05-20-2004 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
Thanks for the feedback about the hold Joker and DiMono, Here's some hints and authors comments on some of the rooms:

Click here to view the secret text

There you have it, a nice conclusion of a nice hold. Thanks to all who have played it.

[Edited by Stuwy on 05-22-2004 at 11:03 PM GMT]
05-23-2004 at 12:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
see, there's the problem, Stuwy: When I defeated the hold I was returned to the start again.

05-23-2004 at 09:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
DiMono wrote:
see, there's the problem, Stuwy: When I defeated the hold I was returned to the start again.

ahh crap! The ending was funny too, well i'll fix it when I have the time.
05-23-2004 at 06:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Would I be able to grab it from the Architecture forum?

05-23-2004 at 11:30 PM
swann_88
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
has anyone done 3s5w with only 1 mimic yet?

I can do 2
06-09-2004 at 12:04 AM
Atch
Rank Points: 81

File: Strange Tar.jpg (152.3 KB)
Downloaded 149 times.
License: Other
Is Tar Time possible in JtRH?

In Halls of Goo: 1N, a room with wraithwings on tar, blue squares and quarter tar blobs keep appearing as you cut, especially in corners – these impede further progress.

[Edited by Atch at Local Time:04-21-2005 at 07:02 PM: Added a screenshot]
04-21-2005 at 06:56 PM
silver
Rank Points: 915
I'm stuck there, too. Of the two blobs you show, I can get it to not make the NW one, but the NE appears to be uncuttable no matter what I do.

05-27-2005 at 02:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Atch
Rank Points: 81
I wonder, are we missing a trick here silver? Stefan is credited with having conquered Tar Time (the only one to do so in JtRH to date) yet without clearing 1N so perhaps there is an alternative exit. I’ll have a hunt around and let you know if I find anything.
05-29-2005 at 07:59 AM
silver
He probably beat it in AE and imported the result. he does that a lot.

In fact, the fact that he's not listed as beating 1N, but conquering the hold almost assuredly means the method is "export player, import to AE, beat 1N in AE, export player, import to JtRH, proceed from 1N to other rooms as normal"

[Edited by silver at Local Time:05-29-2005 at 08:40 AM]

05-29-2005 at 08:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
silver wrote:
the method is "export player, import to AE ...
Your method fails here, as JtRH-players aren't compatible with AE. You have to "play the hold from the beginning in AE and conquer the hold (1N is the last room) -> export AE player -> import into JtRH -> upload scores".

05-29-2005 at 10:07 AM
silver
Ah, right. I knew that. I just forgot it when posting. Too much fun that must be. I prefer to only solve what's doable in JtRH for now, so I'll always be a few rooms/holds behind you (that and I can't beat some critical rooms in a couple holds which are keeping me off of lower levels)

05-29-2005 at 11:57 AM
Stuwy
Alrighty,

Tar Time is now updated to fit the needs of JtRH's standards. Fixed bugs, a little storyline, and personal comments ahoy! Thanks to all who have played this and commented.
07-07-2005 at 06:27 PM
Stuwy
silver wrote:
I'm stuck there, too. Of the two blobs you show, I can get it to not make the NW one, but the NE appears to be uncuttable no matter what I do.

1N is very possible. You just have to be cautious of which tar to cut, and what not. If you're still stuck, I'll post a demo.
07-07-2005 at 06:31 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
Stuwy wrote:
Alrighty,

Tar Time is now updated to fit the needs of JtRH's standards. Fixed bugs, a little storyline, and personal comments ahoy! Thanks to all who have played this and commented.
The update didn't seem to work... it doesn't show as updated in-game, and the high scores didn't reset for it.... did you get any error messages when upgrading it?

If you think you updated it properly and it gave no errors, could you email me the hold so I can debug what's going on?

07-07-2005 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
I just played through the hold.. up until the final room. I believe the final room (1N) can not be completed with the current version of JTrH, patch 2.010. If it can not then it might be nice to upload a version with this room modified.

Otherwise I liked the rooms! I especially liked 1S4W as it is a nice battle.
10-06-2005 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Just a gentle bump to check: is 1N still unsolveable in JtRH? Has that been fixed, or will it be?
02-15-2006 at 03:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
The wraithwing-on-tar behavior will change in the next patch. This will probably fix this problem, though it's impossible to tell for sure until the patch is out (unless Mike comes and confirms it).

02-15-2006 at 04:21 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Tar Time (+1)  
Ok, I can confirm that this room is solvable in 2.0.13

03-18-2006 at 11:06 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Tar Time (Various puzzles + tar) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com