Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : 89-th Slayer (Another Slayer hold (use 3.1, too))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
IP: Logged

File: 89-th Slayer.hold (31.5 KB)
Downloaded 65 times.
License: Public Domain
icon 89-th Slayer (0)  
Again I built Slayer-hold. This time it has some quest, vars and scripting. Certainly, there are some nice puzzles there, too. Play it, it's solvable, I promise. :)

EDIT AGAIN: Decided to write about hold story:

89-th Slayer was idea of 1-st Vat master, the greatest thinker of all Vat masters. 89-th was planned as a copy of fallen 39-th Slayer. After a bit training, 89-th got his first mission: find and slay old man.

EDIT: Removed bugs which noticed Larrymurk.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 04-29-2008 03:40 PM]
04-26-2008 at 02:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: 89-th Slayer (0)  
1N1W is impossible. You can kill both immobile Aumtlich but you can not exit afterwards.
04-26-2008 at 05:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
You mean "Outside the vats?" If yes, then I disagree.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by mxvladi at 04-26-2008 06:07 PM]
04-26-2008 at 05:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
You're right, I am sorry. I forgot about the waterskippers.
04-26-2008 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: 89-th Slayer (+1)  
It is impossible to complete/access all the rooms in this hold for the following reasons:
1. Mausoleum 1W - It is impossible to exit this room after conquering it.
2. Epilogue - It is impossible to access this level, because it is impossible to complete Mausoleum.
3. Great City 1N - If you complete the Cave level and come back from the east, you are stuck, because the yellow door is closed.
4. City Dungeon - After completing this level, the end of level stairs end the hold.
5. Great City secret rooms - Cannot be accessed as it is impossible to return from the Cave quest and the City Dungeon quest. Even if you could return from the Cave quest, you still couldn't access the eastern secret room, because no power token is provided for use of the tunnels.
04-28-2008 at 04:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
It is impossible to complete/access all the rooms in this hold for the following reasons:
1. Mausoleum 1W - It is impossible to exit this room after conquering it.
2. Epilogue - It is impossible to access this level, because it is impossible to complete Mausoleum.
3. Great City 1N - If you complete the Cave level and come back from the east, you are stuck, because the yellow door is closed.
4. City Dungeon - After completing this level, the end of level stairs end the hold.
5. Great City secret rooms - Cannot be accessed as it is impossible to return from the Cave quest and the City Dungeon quest. Even if you could return from the Cave quest, you still couldn't access the eastern secret room, because no power token is provided for use of the tunnels.

Thanks for comments, I'm sure I removed all bugs.
04-28-2008 at 11:41 AM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: 89-th Slayer (+1)  
City dung:Entr-
1. Timer doesn't matter since player can exit room using stairs.
2. If player conquers entr and leaves using stairs, leel can not be completed.
3. One can have a golem trigger pp instead of roach as I think you intended.

Great City:1N- After completing city dungeon and returning to westmost desk, script got stuck in infinite loop.
04-29-2008 at 01:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
larrymurk wrote:
Great City:1N- After completing city dungeon and returning to westmost desk, script got stuck in infinite loop.

You mean that cutscene can't end? If yes, I did as needed.
04-29-2008 at 03:41 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
I don't see any 'errors' at this point. :)
05-03-2008 at 12:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
O.K. Then today I think I'll submit this, but if anybody has some comments or constructive critism to post, then do it.
05-03-2008 at 09:29 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : 89-th Slayer (Another Slayer hold (use 3.1, too))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com