Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : demos
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
squeekie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged
icon demos (0)  
I finished the Arena hold level 1 tonce west and played the demo of the rtoom by F6. I then hit export and exported it to c:\\program files\\drod\\data\\homemade. How does someone else watch the demo? Does he need to be in that particular room and click import and import the demo?

12-28-2003 at 04:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: demos (0)  
You have to export it first, from your own demo menu, then attach it on the forum. Then the person who downloads it simply imports the demo from the import button and runs it.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-28-2003 at 04:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
In that particular room they press F6 then click Import, select the demo and import it, and then it should appear on the demo list and they can watch it as if it were one of their own.

12-28-2003 at 06:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
squeekie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 140
I understand all that, but you must be in that room to watch the demo of that room, correct?

12-28-2003 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
As far as I know, yes. (Not even in the editor).

12-28-2003 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
squeekie wrote:
I understand all that, but you must be in that room to watch the demo of that room, correct?
Yes. You must be in the room in the game, not the editor to watch it from the F6 demo menu. However, if you set it to play on the title screen, then you can also view it on starting DROD.

12-29-2003 at 07:46 PM
The_Red_Hawk
How do you set it to play on the title screen?

12-29-2003 at 11:54 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
This was answered elsewhere...you have to go to the Demo screen on a hold that you created and set it to play there. So, in order to do this, you actually have to play through your holds in the real game instead of only in the editor.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-30-2003 at 12:14 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
To sum up, as I understand it, you play your hold as a regular hold, saving the demos as you go. Then, you go back to the room from which you want the demo and press F6, and a new option on the screen is to add the demo to the title screen demos.

12-30-2003 at 05:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : demos
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com