Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Beethro's Dance of Death (Beethro meets some unusual dance partners (puzzles))
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.1/10 (24 votes)
σ 1.54
Author Name:Ghogg
Submitted By:jdyer
Hold Name:Beethro's Dance of Death
Theme:Beethro meets some unusual dance partners (puzzles)
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:12
Number of Monsters:289
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Beethros Dance of Death.hold (6.4 KB)
Downloaded 3531 times.
License: Other
icon Beethro's Dance of Death  
I present a small hold for your perusal. Brush up on your two-step before entering.
12-17-2003 at 05:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
sims5000
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 117
icon Re: Beethro's Dance of Death (0)  
I don't know why nobodys posted for this hold so...
most of level1 (all I got up to) was about moving arond weirdy but about 3-4 rooms weren't (not counting exit)
;)
and

[Edited by sims5000 on 01-17-2004 at 02:32 PM GMT]
01-17-2004 at 02:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
You're right, but what's your point? And why in the world are you putting up screenshots? You should only do that when you need them in order to explain something, not just as illustrations to what you're saying.

01-17-2004 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sims5000
To make it easier
;)
01-17-2004 at 04:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Easier to do what? All it does is make the entire thread harder to read, AND it may spoil the fun for people who don't want to know in advance what the rooms look like and just want to download them.

Putting room screenshots in hint discussions, or when there's something wrong with the room, is a good idea - but otherwise, it's usually not. And if you really want to have a referrence, use the option to insert the image as a link - that way, it doesn't take up space, and anyone who doesn't want to look at it can't do so accidentally.

01-17-2004 at 05:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sims5000
but some people... arr.. whatever :( you beat me :~(
01-17-2004 at 07:51 PM
AgentIcarus
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
I love this hold, and I've finally reached the one-room-to-complete stage. Unfortunately, it's 3E. I've read the hint scrolls (and the hidden one too) and I've got no idea at all!

Can someone suggest some hints?

03-01-2004 at 12:00 PM
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
icon Re: Beethro's Dance of Death (+2)  
AgentIcarus wrote:
I love this hold, and I've finally reached the one-room-to-complete stage. Unfortunately, it's 3E. I've read the hint scrolls (and the hidden one too) and I've got no idea at all!

Can someone suggest some hints?

Progressive hints:

Click here to view the secret text

03-01-2004 at 03:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
AgentIcarus
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
jdyer wrote:
Progressive hints:

Thanks! :thumbsup Completed it finally...but the stairs take me back to the start! :thumbsdown Oh well, I know I've completed it...

Agent Icarus

03-01-2004 at 03:25 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
This is a known bug that is fixed with the latest patch. Try exporting your player, deleting both player and hold, and re-importing. Alternatively, export all players, re-install, re-import all holds and then all player files.

"Oook!"
03-01-2004 at 04:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
Rank Points: 179
I finished this hold this morning... a lot of fun, learned something new about invisibility potions... But my version of DROD is definitely the newest (loony labyrinth killed my old version) and thus should have the exit stair bug fixed, alas, the stairs took me back to the beginning. I am thus forced to conclude that these stairs are actually misassigned... or perhaps not... Perhaps someone could inform me otherwise?

03-15-2004 at 01:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jdyer
I think this hold might be afflicted with the bug generally like Treasure Hunt was -- I'll see about uploading a fresh one.
03-15-2004 at 05:08 PM
Hookj5
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
I am having a real hard time with this hold, actualy with the first room 1E. could some one tell me which way my sword should face to start and which roach i should take out first? Thanks.
05-21-2004 at 09:15 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181

05-22-2004 at 10:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hookj5
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
Thanks for the help!
05-25-2004 at 03:20 AM
techant
Rank Points: 854
Great hold.
This was my first hold and I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to trying others.
I was thrown by the shadow that was not explained until I got to the potion jar. I had never seen reversed invisibility. There was nothing in the help that I could find so it was just experimentation :?
Also that last room with the number sequence, that was a confusing room. The clues threw me off actually. I didn't count what the secret message said to count so I didn't know where to start. Glad for the forum or I would have been rating this a 2 out of furstration :no
Thanks for all the hard work you put into the project, I will be looking for other holds you develope :D

07-05-2004 at 08:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
I'm stuck in 2 east, can sombody give me a hint?

09-01-2004 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
jdyer
icon Re: Beethro's Dance of Death (+1)  
robin wrote:

09-02-2004 at 05:59 AM
jdyer
While I'm here, I should mention I have been trying to fix the stairs in this hold, but every time I try to export DROD reports the file is corrupted. So it looks like I have to reverse-engineer the original back to 'Anybody Edit' to get access and I haven't managed that yet. My apologies for the delay.
09-02-2004 at 06:00 AM
patmo98
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
icon Re: Beethro's Dance of Death (+2)  
jdyer wrote:
While I'm here, I should mention I have been trying to fix the stairs in this hold, but every time I try to export DROD reports the file is corrupted. So it looks like I have to reverse-engineer the original back to 'Anybody Edit' to get access and I haven't managed that yet. My apologies for the delay.

I sent you a PM with the edit privlages changed, and the stair bug fixed.

Note:I will not hack the edit privlages on a hold you don't own. Please, everyone, don't ask.
09-03-2004 at 02:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jdyer
Thanks to patmo98 I have uploaded the stair-fixed version of this hold to the top of the thread. I have kept the Anybody Edit flag on for this one because so many people have finished the hold already (and hit the bug). I figure there's no need to force anyone to repeat the hold.

[Edited by jdyer on 09-03-2004 at 02:37 AM GMT]
09-03-2004 at 03:34 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
jdyer wrote:
robin wrote:

Thanks, I did it and finished the hold.
great hold.
greets from belgium

09-04-2004 at 02:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Kafka
Rank Points: 42
I have the same problem that others mentioned above. I've completed the hold, I go down the stairs, and I'm back at the beginning. How can I save my score and update the hold? I can't import it, as the system ignores the command; but if I delete the existing hold, I lose all my progress.

[Last edited by Kafka at 08-17-2009 12:33 AM]
03-04-2006 at 01:36 PM
Kafka
Is anybody reading this? I've finished the hold, but can't update my statistics. Please let me know how.

Thanks

03-23-2006 at 10:07 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Kafka wrote:
Is anybody reading this? I've finished the hold, but can't update my statistics. Please let me know how.

Thanks

and what are we supposed to say?
03-26-2006 at 04:09 AM
Kafka
If I knew what you were supposed to say, I wouldn't need to ask! I've completed the hold, but my statistics won't update. It appears as an uncompleted hold, in which I have conquered 100% of the rooms. I seem to have the same problem that AgentIcarus and Drizzo mention above, and I was asking how to resolve it.

03-26-2006 at 05:21 PM
eytanz
You should first export your saves (from the change player screen). Then, delete the hold, reimport the hold, and reimport your saves.

[Last edited by eytanz at 03-26-2006 05:27 PM]
03-26-2006 at 05:26 PM
Kafka
Thanks; between Eytanz and Wallu, I've managed to resolve this, and my stats have updated. Now on to new challenges!

03-26-2006 at 06:14 PM
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
This is a hold I downloaded in my early DROD days. It was too hard for me then, but now that I know more about movement behavior it is a fun hold.
08-16-2009 at 02:26 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
It is a good hold :)
08-16-2009 at 02:31 AM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Beethro's Dance of Death (Beethro meets some unusual dance partners (puzzles))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com