Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines: the Balance Thread (Discussion about races, units, balance and so forth)
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
grobblewobble
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Re: Leylines: the Balance Thread (0)  
The Mystic wrote:
I thought the Necromancer's map-erasing ability was already 3 tiles. I could be wrong, though.
You are probably right. My bad for not checking it. Thalara, on the other hand, is something I did recently test.

There are also some other issues. The dwarf ability to turn population into warriors, with no limitation except population size, seems overpowered if exploited. For example, suppose that one opponent is about to capture a dwarf city. The dwarf player can instantly summon 6 warriors to defend it. Or 12. Or 18. Or 24..
I suppose that when the opponent is close, this ability could be exploited in an offense fashion too, although that is something I didn't try yet.

From playtesting it also seems better if Guardians do have the break charge ability. Sirthe usually strongly rely on ranged attackers (javelineers) and knights are quite difficult to deal with otherwise.
01-19-2011 at 09:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
grobblewobble wrote:
The dwarf ability to turn population into warriors, with no limitation except population size, seems overpowered if exploited. For example, suppose that one opponent is about to capture a dwarf city. The dwarf player can instantly summon 6 warriors to defend it. Or 12. Or 18. Or 24..
I suppose that when the opponent is close, this ability could be exploited in an offense fashion too, although that is something I didn't try yet.
I tend to make warriors from my captured dwarf cities (I don't play as dwarfs, their being dependent is a real turn-off for me). They're good, quick defenders when the need arises; they make decent (if suicidal) explorers; and they're usually great at wearing down--if not capturing--nearby enemy cities.

But yeah, the dwarf cities' Conscript ability is way overpowered. Maybe it should only be once per turn, like all the other city abilities?

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by The Mystic at 01-21-2011 05:18 AM : typo]
01-20-2011 at 07:35 PM
Danjen02
The amount of dependent units in the dwarves indicates to me that they might be good to play with a slow, turtling/city based creep strategy.

01-21-2011 at 02:47 AM
grobblewobble
Xaos bonus is applied to any unit with diving. Very good in combination with chaos magic, as a 30/1 spell will give any (non-bulky/undead) unit +2 movement and +1 defense on top of diving. Particularly interesting for Theria.
06-25-2011 at 03:26 PM
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines: the Balance Thread (Discussion about races, units, balance and so forth)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com