Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Complete List of Contest Participants
Page 2 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Complete List of Contest Participants (0)  
I think I'll set a good example then.

[b]NiroZ (Request a Feature (Host))[/b]
NekoIncardine (Request a Feature)
tokyokid (Request a Feature)
Jason (Request a Feature)
Jeff_Ray... (Request a Feature)
11-14-2007 at 07:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
coppro wrote:
This doesn't seem right, but if he has finally ascended from his basement to Erik's, our very own lexically parsed input code is granted 10 rank points!
I still haven't chosen anything from the prize pile (mainly because I had totally forgotten about it), but is there any chance that I'll get my rank points for winning B.A.C.K.R.O.N.Y.M. sometime this millennium? :|

11-14-2007 at 10:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
coppro wrote:
My records show that Syntax has participated in his first contest! This doesn't seem right, but if he has finally ascended from his basement to Erik's, our very own lexically parsed input code is granted 10 rank points!
You're absolutely right... never even participated in an unofficial one. Weird thing is I always meant to, and other thing is I swore it wouldn't be a written one.

2 and a half years preparation time must have helped though :)
11-14-2007 at 12:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Briareos wrote:
coppro wrote:
This doesn't seem right, but if he has finally ascended from his basement to Erik's, our very own lexically parsed input code is granted 10 rank points!
I still haven't chosen anything from the prize pile (mainly because I had totally forgotten about it), but is there any chance that I'll get my rank points for winning B.A.C.K.R.O.N.Y.M. sometime this millennium? :|

I sure hope so. I'm still waiting for my rank points from the DoGC Election and Meta-Contest, as well.

Josh

11-14-2007 at 04:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Briareos wrote:
Contact Dex Stewart, the Prize Distributor, for prize concerns.

Thanks NiroZ for you participants list!
11-14-2007 at 11:43 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Congratulations Anson, for participating in your first contest! 10 rank points to you! (and thanks to the rest of the participants in Media of the Eighth!).
12-01-2007 at 05:45 PM
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
Can anybody please tell me why I'm still waiting for my 10 ranks from Cheap Trick!? :blowup
note: do not quote without precaution.

[Last edited by Monkey at 12-12-2007 02:50 AM]
12-12-2007 at 02:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Monkey wrote:
Can anybody please tell me why I'm still waiting for my 10 ranks from Cheap Trick!?

Ummm...because everyone is waiting for points? Point awards haven't been awarded for any official contest for quite a few months.

Josh

12-12-2007 at 02:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Does Dex Stewart (I was under the impression he was the guy who awarded the prizes) have the necessary admin-ness to give points?

12-12-2007 at 03:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
calamarain wrote:
Does Dex Stewart (I was under the impression he was the guy who awarded the prizes) have the necessary admin-ness to give points?

Nope. His job is tracking who needs what and telling an admin what's needed.

But the actual points need to be awarded by someone like Erik or Mike. (I'm pretty sure the other admins could do it as well, but I'm not sure who can do it without just modding up posts, and that has side effects.)

Josh

12-12-2007 at 03:21 PM
Syntax
Monkey wrote:
Can anybody please tell me why I'm still waiting for my 10 ranks from Cheap Trick!?
I'm waiting on 110 so you're not alone :)

12-12-2007 at 04:02 PM
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Monkey wrote:
Because you're an optimist?
12-12-2007 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
It is getting slightly silly :) If you have to wait several months for prizes to be awarded, then it does remove some (though by no means all) of the incentive for entering.

12-12-2007 at 05:00 PM
Syntax
calamarain wrote:
It is getting slightly silly :) If you have to wait several months for prizes to be awarded, then it does remove some (though by no means all) of the incentive for entering.
Agreed :) I was so proud to finally get around to participating, and then very happy to have won.

I've yet to receive the prize or the rank points which does indeed kill some of the buzz.
12-12-2007 at 07:09 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Syntax wrote:
I've yet to receive the prize or the rank points which does indeed kill some of the buzz.
You and me both... :|

12-12-2007 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
golfrman
Rank Points: 165
Monkey wrote:
note: do not quote without precaution.
pfft, stop complaining, I still haven't gotten 10 points for my first contest participation which was in July of 06.

12-13-2007 at 12:19 AM
calamarain
golfrman wrote:
pfft, stop complaining, I still haven't gotten 10 points for my first contest participation which was in July of 06.
This really needs to get caught up on.

Otherwise, unless you're the first prize winner (and getting something from the prize pile), essentially you win nothing for getting second/third.

[Last edited by calamarain at 12-13-2007 01:25 AM]
12-13-2007 at 01:24 AM
coppro
icon Re: The Complete List of Contest Participants (+1)  
May I ask that you avoid cluttering the topic with this sort of discussion? If you have issues with the prize distribution system, start a topic in the Department of Challenges about it.

Also, I would like to announce that I will be absent from the 14th to the 4th of January. I will possibly have intermittent access in the meanwhile, but don't count on it.
12-13-2007 at 01:25 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: The Complete List of Contest Participants (+2)  
Looks like we just needed to get the wheels of our new bureaucracy oiled up a bit. Sorry about the huge delay. I've awarded all rank point prizes to contest winners. 1st Place prizes may be claimed by the winners at will -- just post a message, or email Erik or whoever is in charge of giving out the prize you're interested in.

If anyone is still missing any award for any past contest, please PM me and I'll deal with it promptly.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-13-2007 at 05:56 PM
coppro
I have added participants from Secret Santa. Of them, hartleyhair and Nuntar were new and each are to be given ten rank points.

Meckmeck GRE specifically said not to add participants who did not fulfill a wish. If anyone disagrees, don't complain to me. Complain to Meckmeck, NiroZ, or, if you absolutely have to, Erik. Those are the guys whose job it is to make the decisions about what qualifies as a participant in this contest.
01-17-2008 at 08:53 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
coppro wrote:
Meckmeck GRE specifically said not to add participants who did not fulfill a wish. If anyone disagrees, don't complain to me. Complain to Meckmeck, NiroZ, or, if you absolutely have to, Erik. Those are the guys whose job it is to make the decisions about what qualifies as a participant in this contest.
Fixed.

I am prepared to stand by Meckmeck's decision 100%, and if you wish to complain, complain to me.
01-18-2008 at 04:07 AM
coppro
I have finally gotten around to adding participant counts to this page, so you can now know how far away you are from that shiny new prize!

[Last edited by coppro at 02-14-2008 12:16 AM : thinko]
02-14-2008 at 12:16 AM
Dolan42
Rank Points: 195
The count is off on the following:
* Dolan42 (Bluff Me, B.A.C.K.R.O.N.Y.M., Cheap Trick) [2]
* Kevin (Eleventh Hour, Least Number of Moves, Smite to the Death, Snakes!, Elemental Showcase) [4]
* Phweengee (The Secret, Beethro's First Job, Room Mosaic)
Just thought you should know.

02-14-2008 at 02:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Wow. I only got three wrong out of all of those?

Thanks!

I've also made a couple of formatting changes that make the posts much easier to read.

Lastly:

Where are those unofficial contests? Surely we've had more than four!

If you run an unofficial contest, please report me the participants! (feel free to report the results if they aren't up after a while, even if you didn't run them)
02-14-2008 at 04:52 AM
coppro
icon Re: The Complete List of Contest Participants (+3)  
I have added the participants to the Limerick Contest to the list. Also, I need lists of participants from both the January and February contests - Mattcrampy and Erik will get PM/Email-prodded if they don't get me those lists quickly!
04-02-2008 at 06:13 PM
coppro
Calamarain has been gracious enough to provide me with a list of participants in Top Drawer - this would be brian_s and Pneh's first contests, so they each receive ten rank points (if they participated in HADII or in the DROD #, then the solution is simple. They won't get newbie points for that contest).
04-02-2008 at 06:51 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: The Complete List of Contest Participants (+5)  
Thanks, I've given them a rookie bonus, Also, all official contest awards should have been granted up through the March Top Drawer contest. If anyone didn't receive their contest reward, please let me know and I can fix it.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 04-09-2008 02:31 AM]
04-09-2008 at 02:30 AM
coppro
Okay, Holds Al Dente II has now been added. Erik still hasn't sent me a list of participants for his contest :(

That said, I guess it's time for me to announce who earned what... so, without further ado, I would like to congratulate Mr. Slice and Dischorran for entering in their first contest. They will each receive a gift of 10 rank points! [given -- mrimer]

While no participant achieved an eighth contest this time, many came close (well, actually, I think that when the participants for DROD Number arrive, we may see a few more). I would also like to congratulate Mattcrampy, as his hosting has brought him to the point where he earns an 8-Timer prize... good job!

[Last edited by mrimer at 04-21-2008 06:51 AM]
04-20-2008 at 07:08 PM
coppro
Update: I had been emailing Erik to remind him about DROD # through the forum. I just realized today that email is down and so that won't work O:- I have sent him an email through more normal means in hopes that I can receive a list of participants.

If not, I will go out and gather them myself.
05-24-2008 at 07:14 PM
calamarain
We need Bluff Me Again too.

05-24-2008 at 07:18 PM
Page 2 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Complete List of Contest Participants
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com