Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Infested corridors (Two tile wide corridors)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.9/10 (10 votes)
σ 1.37
Author Name:Dex Stewart
Submitted By:Dex Stewart
Hold Name:Infested corridors
Theme:Two tile wide corridors
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:17
Number of Monsters:284
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.1)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Infested corridors.hold (8.2 KB)
Downloaded 1119 times.
License: Other
icon Infested corridors  
My first hold. 16 horde rooms in which I try my best to give you nightmares. Works especially if you suffer from claustrophobia.

Note that the hold uses the volcano style and the experience is quite dependent upon wether you have it or not.
10-04-2007 at 03:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Infested corridors (+1)  
A good first effort from Dex Stewart. I like the hub organization of the hold, and the sort of 'choose your own path' style.

It's not too hard, but there are definitely some challenging rooms. And it's fun to play.

I give it a 7 for fun and 5.5 brains of difficulty.

Josh

10-04-2007 at 03:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Danteslives
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 48
icon Re: Infested corridors (0)  
Hmmm... for some reason, everytime I try to download this hold in particular my version of DROD freezes and shuts down...
10-04-2007 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kzc
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
Danteslives wrote:
Hmmm... for some reason, everytime I try to download this hold in particular my version of DROD freezes and shuts down...
Ditto. Running 3.0.0 under linux. When I download it outside of the application and use "Import", however, I get the message "This file was created by a newer version and isn't supported". I suppose we'll have to wait for the linux patch.
10-04-2007 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
It is in fact a 3.1 hold. It wasn't done with the Volcano style, but you will need to be running 3.1 to play it. (It's too bad that there's no way to distinguish between 3.0 and 3.1 holds right now...)

Josh

[Last edited by jbluestein at 10-04-2007 08:39 PM]
10-04-2007 at 08:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
It was done with the Volcano style, TCB is just smart enough to change to city(at east for me) if you don't have it.
10-04-2007 at 08:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Danteslives
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 48
Awesome, I was finally able to download it by installing the patch. Thanks!
10-04-2007 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
jbluestein
Dex Stewart wrote:
It was done with the Volcano style, TCB is just smart enough to change to city(at east for me) if you don't have it.

Well, there's something I didn't know. People should probably make a note of whether they're using any custom styles in a hold -- I bet it looks nicer in Volcano.

Josh

10-04-2007 at 08:45 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Great hold! It's very rare to see holds like this which, on the face of things are just small slash rooms, but which turn out to be lynchpin based, not on timing per se, but on monster movement preference. I can't think of a comparable hold.

I doubt many rooms are solveable in a different direction from the one which was originally intended - the goblin rooms for example. In symmetrical rooms, that's incredible.

Excellent stuff 8/5.

[Last edited by Syntax at 10-05-2007 09:04 PM]
10-05-2007 at 09:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Entrance should be marked unscorable if it isn't properly conquerable (as it looks from the current high scores)
10-10-2007 at 02:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rabscuttle wrote:
Entrance should be marked unscorable if it isn't properly conquerable (as it looks from the current high scores)

It's not conquerable, as far as I can tell.

Josh

10-10-2007 at 02:50 PM
The spitemaster
Rank Points: 354
I quite enjoyed the fifteen move answer. I liked because the room was solved after you figured out the first fifteen - twenty moves.

Keep up the good work.

5.5 difficulty 7 overall-goodness

I wish that man would stay away
10-13-2007 at 05:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pekka
Rank Points: 302
I really enjoyed this hold. It stays true to its theme and gets a lot of fun & variety out of these small rooms nonetheless.

I decided not to vote yet, because I have played relatively little DROD so far. If I can give an informal thumbs up instead ... consider this message to be one.
10-15-2007 at 04:14 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Infested corridors (Two tile wide corridors) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com