Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : SubTwo killed my level (I really hope someone can help)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged

File: Time Cruisader.ST2 (1.9 KB)
Downloaded 27 times.
License: Public Domain
icon SubTwo killed my level (0)  
This is my attempt at a semi-normal length post. As in, I used the "don't answer questions until they are asked" philosophy that most people use.
To know I spent an hour typing a paragraph about my mouse when half the people already know, and the other half can just ask . . .

I was editing levels in SubTerra II. I just wanted to erase a scroll text, but when I clicked on the level properties button, SubTwo froze up on me and closed itself. When I restarted SubTwo, my level was corrupted! All it says is "The file is corrupted and cannot be opened."

Let me just say that I don't think the problem is SubTwo, but instead my mouse. In other words, as far I am concerned, it is inaccurate for me to call this a "glitch."

My main concern is the level itself. I'm confident that my level is intact, so I'm going to attatch it, but I'm afraid nobody can determine what's wrong. AFAIK, only Radiant knows how the game works, and not even a programmer remembers the format of levels for a game he made years ago.

I'm really upset. I was finally able to work on a SubTwo level; I hadn't played STI for a while, and so I was able to give new and old elements equal treatment, (rather than subconsiously close my mind to what was possible on STI, and give up when I find out it isn't possible).
I'm easily discouraged, and this is really not helping.

09-22-2007 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
IP: Logged
icon Re: SubTwo killed my level (0)  
The level file opens normally for me. I would suggest copying it to a new name, and opening it from there. And yes, I remember the format of levels, because I have it documented.

I've never heard of this happening before; it would appear to be a problem with your system setup. I would suggest the usual treatment (running Ad-Aware and a good viruskiller, installing a firewall, and consider re-installing windows).

09-23-2007 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : SubTwo killed my level (I really hope someone can help)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com