Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : No music in ATOTK? (Question)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Don Venture
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon No music in ATOTK? (0)  
I just started playing the game, and find it truly enchanting. However, I found it puzzling that no music had been composed to contribute to the ambience of this otherwise so well-made game! I checked my speakers, but since I could hear the sound effects, I realized that was not the problem. Looking at the threads here in the forum, I realize that there IS music in the game, it just doesn't come with my version (I downloaded from the AGS homepage). Is there a patch I have to download or something? I don't want to keep playing until I have a chance to get the real ATOTK experience. :huh

09-15-2007 at 01:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1132
icon Re: No music in ATOTK? (0)  
There is music, it's just that there are only a few instances in the game where it actually plays. I had the same sort of question until I came to the first spot where there actually is music.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by NoahT at 09-15-2007 05:26 PM]
09-15-2007 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: No music in ATOTK? (0)  
There is something odd here. Yes, the game features a lot of music, from the title screen all through the intro to nearly every single room in the game.

If you hear no music, or only rarely hear music, there is probably something wrong with your system setup.

You should have a file called "music.vox" in your AGS directory. This contains the music. If you don't have that file, reinstall. If you do, it is possible that
(1) the program for some reason cannot find this file. I've heard that Windows Vista can do rather convoluted things to your directory structure (all in the name of security, of course); in that case, you have insufficient privileges, and moving the entire game to the "my documents" folder may help.
(2) the music really doesn't play. Check the setup program that comes with the game, and try tweaking the settings. Also, run DXDIAG to check whether your DirectX is configured properly.
(3) under some brands of Linux, it may be tricky to get the music to work.

09-16-2007 at 12:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : No music in ATOTK? (Question)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com