Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : My president is stupider than yours...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged
icon My president is stupider than yours... (0)  
Unless we share the same one.

03-18-2003 at 07:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: My president is stupider than yours... (0)  
But... but... we all got a $300 Tax Refund!!

<stolen from David Cross>
And you have to give him credit for one thing - I know we all like to slag him, but let\'s be fair. We have to give him credit for having the courage, and the balls, in the face of dissent, and in the face of logic, to still be able to find it within himself to execute retarded people.

03-18-2003 at 07:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
icon Re: Re: My president is stupider than yours... (0)  
Schik wrote:
<stolen from David Cross>
And you have to give him credit for one thing - I know we all like to slag him, but let\'s be fair. We have to give him credit for having the courage, and the balls, in the face of dissent, and in the face of logic, to still be able to find it within himself to execute retarded people.
Execute retarded people? He should execute himself then...

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
03-19-2003 at 03:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
You people are all idots. What do you think now that you see the way that the Iraqs accept us in and we see that they really do need our help. I guess that you folks thought that your Intelligence committee was better than our Country\'s.
And for the person that put \"Bombing for peace is like ------- for virginity\"... you are stupid if you think that there is never an excuse for war. Sometimes there is a peace that is ONLY found on the other side of war. If you believe in the Bible, then you would also know that there have been many times that God commanded that his people go to war.
I can\'t believe the idiocy of some people.
04-10-2003 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
bradwall wrote:
Sometimes there is a peace that is ONLY found on the other side of war.
I\'d have to agree with this, especially looking back at how WWII unfolded.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-10-2003 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Malarame
bradwall wrote:
You people are all idots. What do you think now that you see the way that the Iraqs accept us in and we see that they really do need our help. I guess that you folks thought that your Intelligence committee was better than our Country\'s.
And for the person that put \"Bombing for peace is like ------- for virginity\"... you are stupid if you think that there is never an excuse for war. Sometimes there is a peace that is ONLY found on the other side of war. If you believe in the Bible, then you would also know that there have been many times that God commanded that his people go to war.
I can\'t believe the idiocy of some people.
I respect all of your views...why can\'t you respect mine? No offense, but insulting those who don\'t agree with you only hurts your argument.

The best thing about living in America is the fact that I\'m allowed to say whatever I want. I\'ve been called (to my face) unpatriotic, unAmerican, a terrorist, etc, on numerous occasions by \"patriots\". I\'m sick and tired of hearing \"if you don\'t like it here, leave\". I love America because I can dissent without worrying and I show my love by trying to make this country even better than it is. I personally feel that if I have to blindly follow my government and agree with them simply because they say so, then I\'m not free.

-Groucho Marx
04-11-2003 at 01:15 AM
zex20913
Exactly! And no, the war is not over, I think it has just begun, the media are making quite the frenzy over this, and I think they\'re creating the happy Iraqis. And bradwall...they are Iraqis, not Iraqs, and I think you meant to call us all idiots instead of idots.

04-11-2003 at 03:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Malarme, there are so many people around who do think just like that - \"What?? You\'re against the war! You unamerican infidel! Get out of my country!!!\"
Do these people really not understand that they sound a lot like... say... Saddam Hussein, for example? Or Hitler?

Personally, I have mixed feelings about the war - I\'m not sure what to think. I don\'t have super strong feelings about it either way.

As for God commanding people to go to war... I\'m certainly no Bible expert, but that sounds pretty Old Testament to me. Doesn\'t the New Testament present a lot of ideas differently? Like \"Thou shalt not kill\" and \"Turn the other cheek\"? Maybe a little \"Love thine enemies\" or something like that? On second thought, don\'t get me started on the Bible.

04-11-2003 at 03:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
zex20913
bradwall wrote:
you are stupid if you think that there is never an excuse for war. Sometimes there is a peace that is ONLY found on the other side of war. If you believe in the Bible, then you would also know that there have been many times that God commanded that his people go to war.

Translation: If you believe in the old testament, you will have read that God told the people to go to war.

Separation of church and state bro. You\'re not supposed to use religious reasoning for political argumentation. Plus, with your \"if...then\" comment, there is much room for maneuvering yet, and \"believe\" doesn\'t equate to \"know\". There is never an excuse for PRE-EMPTIVE war. Ever. Especially a war where almost everybody else is against it, save close allies and those we bribe, and where the reasoning behind it is not sound. The only other war America started was the War of 1812, which we got lucky to come out of at all. So, before going about calling all of us \"stupid\", perhaps you should spellcheck your own argument, and make sure that it makes sense.

04-11-2003 at 03:45 AM
zex20913
Schik wrote:
\"Thou shalt not kill\"

This is actually in the OT, but what you say still stands.

04-11-2003 at 03:47 AM
Schik
icon Re: Re: Re: My president is stupider than yours... (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
This is actually in the OT, but what you say still stands.
Told you I\'m no expert. ;)

04-11-2003 at 03:49 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
icon Woah, this stirred up a hornet's nest... (0)  
Wow. You can call someone else names, but as soon as someone calls you one it\'s time to get mad. Okay everybody, let\'s just all go back to playing the 3-tar momma room without checkpoints. That\'ll at least focus the rage somewhere else. And take enough time to get the adrenaline out of everybody\'s system. Personally, I can\'t wait until that DRODIS beta gets out.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-11-2003 at 04:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: Woah, this stirred up a hornet's nest... (0)  
mrimer wrote:
Personally, I can\'t wait until that DRODIS beta gets out.
And that DRODTris - that was clearly my idea. I want royalties!

04-11-2003 at 04:34 AM
Malarame
Schik wrote:
Personally, I have mixed feelings about the war - I\'m not sure what to think. I don\'t have super strong feelings about it either way.
As you may have guessed, I\'m decidedly anti-war. However, what most people don\'t realize is that I\'m not a pacifist. I understand that sometimes war is necessary (WWII, for example). I would support this war if and only if there was indisputible proof of an imminent threat. I feel that the lack of evidence shows that there is no threat. In addition, if the government has proof, then they should reveal it to the world\'s scrutiny.

Like I said, war is sometimes the only viable option. However, when this occurs, we need to look at the war and identify what happened that caused the war in the first place, and work to avoid it in the future. History can teach us many things, but unfortunately people often ignore it. It pains me to see people in America willingly give up their civil rights and accept what could easily turn into a police state. This is exactly what happened in Nazi Germany. Hitler may have been a terrible man, but he knew how to exploit the people\'s fears. By the way, I\'m Jewish and some of my ancestors died in concentration camps, so please don\'t say that I\'m justifying Hitler\'s actions. Someone once acussed me of being a Nazi when I said the above statement.

Oh, and Bradwall, I didn\'t come up with the \"Bombing for peace...\" quote. I saw it at a peace rally a while back and from what I\'m to understand it\'s been around since Vietnam. There are always great signs at peace rallys and marches.

-Groucho Marx
04-11-2003 at 03:23 PM
bradwall
Someone said:
\"Separation of church and state bro\"

Ok, that is a weird statement. Let me give you a lesson on the Constitution. The separation of Church and State means that the Government can not press religion on people... espessially a specific religion. It means that people are free to choose their own religion without government getting involved. It NEVER meant that we could not have religous thoughts and religious principles in government at all. The founding fathers based the government from Christian principles. I believe that the day that we shut God completely out of our country, our God will shut us our of his influence.

I didn\'t mean to make everyone mad. It just bugs me that everyone made so many rude comments about our country and president and no one stood up for it.

By the way, I think that it is pathetic that people argued my spelling errors more than what I said. I was typing fast and my point was not too come across as an English major. I was not concerned about spelling.

04-11-2003 at 03:49 PM
bradwall
Ok, ok, I need to say something.

I hope that there are no hard feelings... maybe I should have thought before I spoke (a flaw of mine). I may not share the same political views as everyone else, but I do know that we all have one thing in common........... DROD!. I hope that my stubbornness has not soured any friendships. I hope that we can all be DROD buddies.

My intentions were not to stir up a fight. Sorry if I was rude.

Happy DRODing.
04-11-2003 at 03:52 PM
Malarame
bradwall wrote:
Ok, ok, I need to say something.

I hope that there are no hard feelings... maybe I should have thought before I spoke (a flaw of mine). I may not share the same political views as everyone else, but I do know that we all have one thing in common........... DROD!. I hope that my stubbornness has not soured any friendships. I hope that we can all be DROD buddies.

My intentions were not to stir up a fight. Sorry if I was rude.

Happy DRODing.
Of course there are no hard feelings. There never were. I love debating with people and my best friends are the ones that I can be screaming at one minute and laughing with the next. If anyone ever wants to debate an issue, I\'ll be more than happy to take any side on any issue and argue it.

Happy DRODing to you too!

-Groucho Marx
04-11-2003 at 09:31 PM
bradwall
Thanks Malarame. It is good to meet you, by the way.

04-11-2003 at 10:45 PM
Malarame
It\'s good to meet you too, Bradwall. And you can call me Matt if you want.

-Groucho Marx
04-13-2003 at 06:21 AM
Zmann
Rank Points: 241
I\'m glad we can all be friends. My name is John and.... oh, nobody said anything to me. Oh well, I\'ll just go to my room, sit in the corner, and cry for hours...
04-23-2003 at 02:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
Zmann wrote:
I\'m glad we can all be friends. My name is John and.... oh, nobody said anything to me. Oh well, I\'ll just go to my room, sit in the corner, and cry for hours...
Let\'s all point and laugh at the guy crying in the corner. Ha! Ha!

-Groucho Marx
04-23-2003 at 03:44 AM
zex20913
HAHAHA! That was really mean, but also really funny.

04-23-2003 at 05:51 AM
Zmann
icon Re: My president is stupider than yours... (+1)  
Ya.
04-23-2003 at 06:38 PM
Malarame
Sorry about that...:P I couldn\'t resist. I can be very playful at times ;)

-Groucho Marx
04-24-2003 at 02:04 AM
Zmann
:)
04-24-2003 at 05:21 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : My president is stupider than yours...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com