Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DRODtris
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon Re: DRODtris (-1)  
Bradwall hasn't posted on this forum in four years.

What is WRONG with you?
06-28-2011 at 10:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
icon Re: DRODtris (-1)  
I don't feel like I overstepped my bounds in asking about DRODtris, but maybe I did. Either way, I'm going to stop posting on the forum for a while until I have a chance to better assess what I've done wrong in my time here, even if it's a slight error. If it turns out to be something larger and internal that I can't readily fix, I can limit my posts to hold submissions.
it's not even that you're making particularly terrible posts
just, like, I don't know, stop posting in threads that haven't had posts in them for three or more years
or at least try to limit it to maybe one a...week? I don't even know here

Anyway, I don't think I answered your question, so here goes. There are plenty of things wrong with me, and that question is something I'm not very comfortable with. I don't really know where to start.
have any of you ever like, found a log just sitting there, in a forest, or even just 'a piece of driftwood in someone's yard that never moves', and kicked it over because you thought 'huh, what's under here' and then suddenly you realize you've caused something vaguely horrifying and you can't then /undo/ the thing?

because this is exactly what i think just happened here.

edit: okay I am /dead certain/ that there are some shenanigans going on here because it looks like Trickster isn't even resurrecting all these threads

Do we just have some giant influx of people who don't sort by date? Is that what's going on here?

Are there really people who just read forums and don't sort by date?

[Last edited by Banjooie at 06-28-2011 10:45 AM]
06-28-2011 at 10:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: DRODtris (+1)  
Personally, I think Banjooie is being rather antagonistic and unclear. Because Trickster is bumping threads with meaningful content and interest in the topic, she is not doing anything wrong and probably should not have her mental capacity questioned. Her statement of "someone else might be able to help" is a good argument for bumping the thread instead of making a new thread for it or simply giving up. She might even renew interest in the project whether or not Bradwall is there.

My point is that Trickster has fairly good reasons for asking these questions. Bumping threads is not much different from creating a new thread, but since the questions pertain to their respective threads, bumps are better than new threads.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-28-2011 at 11:01 AM
da rogu3
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 491
Trickster wrote: Are you guys really that put off by me asking questions about old projects? The same projects advertised and described in the DROD FAQ? Seriously?
It's just Banjooie. I wouldn't take him/her so seriously if I were you.
06-28-2011 at 11:12 AM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
icon Re: DRODtris (0)  
Yup yup. No problem here. I'd much rather see an old thread bumped so I can look back on the plethora of material, than a new thread started that simply repeats everything everyone's half-forgotten. Good job on finding the old threads!

06-28-2011 at 01:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: DRODtris (+2)  
Banjooie wrote:
What is WRONG with you?
I think this question is better directed at you. I've never seen you be so bothered by something that isn't an issue.

06-28-2011 at 07:51 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: DRODtris (+3)  
Indeed. The official stance is that bumping old topics is bad if it's just to say "lol me too" or to answer a question that someone asked 7 years ago that they PROBABLY aren't sitting there waiting for an answer to any more. Bumps to discuss older topics are fine.

I like that our regular users can police some things, like telling someone "Hey, you should post this hold over there in Architecture rather than General," but please don't police things that for some reason bug you but aren't against the rules.

06-28-2011 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Banjooie
icon Re: DRODtris (0)  
Well, I figured out what I needed.
06-28-2011 at 11:24 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
Trickster wrote:
I'd think any activity or conversations here that weren't outright destructive or intentionally annoying would be encouraged.
This.
06-29-2011 at 12:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DRODtris
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com