Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : L15
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
IP: Logged
icon L15 (0)  
On Level 15, I am having trouble with Once North Thrice West and Once South Twice West. I posted this question before, but noone answered, so here it is again.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
09-10-2003 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: L15 (0)  
It's very difficult to give exact text advice for these two rooms; here are general guidelines:

1N3W is all about efficiency. Make sure you never use any more squares than you need to. The best way to do this is:

Click here to view the secret text

1S2W is even harder to advise. Instead of just repeating what people said, look at the bottom of this thread, where there's some good advice. The top contains some advice for 1N3W as well.

By the way, my comment in that thread about level 15 being solvable without visiting all the rooms is out of date - that was a bug fixed in the new version.

[Edited by eytanz on 09-10-2003 at 07:38 PM]

09-10-2003 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Why did this thread suddenly appear unread? Its months since the last update.
01-09-2004 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Viper made a post here and then deleted it. I know because I got the e-mail of the original post and when I came to answer it it was gone. Bad Viper! Don't think we won't find out! :D

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-09-2004 at 11:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
What did he say?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-09-2004 at 11:40 PM
Oneiromancer
Does it really matter? If he deleted it then he must not have wanted us to see it.

But he was just asking for help on this room. So obviously he figured it out and deleted the post since no one had responded yet. Which, of course, is not the preferred method--we would rather someone edit their post to say that they got it or even add a new post saying so, instead of deleting it which as we can see causes lots of confusion.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-09-2004 at 11:44 PM
Viper
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
Ooh I'm sorry guys :~)

As Oneiromancer said I posted asking for help, then solved it myself. I thought that it would be simplest for everyone just to remove it, since re-posting or editing to say I've solved it now seems a bit lame. Also, its not good to talk to yourself - even on forums - and I always feel a bit funny when I edit a post, just me though sorry. In future I'll edit or reply to my post though - now I see it causes more confusion to do what I did.

Edit: Edited wrong damn post
[Edited by Viper on 01-10-2004 at 01:49 AM GMT]

[Edited by Viper on 01-10-2004 at 01:50 AM GMT]
01-10-2004 at 01:31 AM
Viper
Oh and since I'm here it occurs to me to complain about Once South Thrice West - as I see it you must use both mimics before activating the orb due to not being able to place them on trapdoors or yellow squares. After that their moves seem incompatible, I keep ending up with one blocking off a load of squares and not being able step over them.

Incidentally I have a vague recollection of asking about this already but I can't find it so I dunno whats happened to it. If I have asked and its been debated elsewhere with extreme prejudice I'm sorry to ask again, I'm being a bonehead.

Edit: Found the link
Edit Edit: And Oneiromancer is too fast again

Editing getting confusing now, I'm gonna stop there. They're working me to hard here goddammit -_-

[Edited by Viper on 01-10-2004 at 01:52 AM GMT]
01-10-2004 at 01:44 AM
Oneiromancer
Here you go. I just gave this link in the other recent "Level 15" topic on this board.

Edit: which you asked, just this morning! Wow, you do have a bad memory!

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 01-10-2004 at 01:48 AM GMT]

01-10-2004 at 01:47 AM
Viper
Wow, your method is sheer genius, I just did that room in about 3 minutes.

Sorry I'm being crazy deleting posts and editing wrong ones and not even finding ones that I've posted on, I think a good dose of early night (bit late for that now) and relaxation are called for
01-10-2004 at 02:01 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
eytanz wrote:
By the way, my comment in that thread about level 15 being solvable without visiting all the rooms is out of date - that was a bug fixed in the new version.
So the snake room is required now?

01-11-2004 at 06:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : L15
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com