Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Islands in the Sky (Sword manipulation (not necessarily your own))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.5/10 (25 votes)
σ 0.85
Author Name:Ryan
Submitted By:RoboBob3000
Hold Name:Islands in the Sky
Theme:Sword manipulation (not necessarily your own)
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:11
Number of Monsters:166
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:6 (+6 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Islands in the Sky.hold (4.8 KB)
Downloaded 1598 times.
License: Other
icon Islands in the Sky  
This is Islands in the Sky, a hold I created in late 2005 that I never submitted to the holds board until now. It contains ten puzzles with no explicit theme. There are a couple of "room template" repetitions and a slight emphasis on swords-that-aren't-your-own.

Noteworthy about this hold is that 2N and 2N1E were lifted (not exactly, but in spirit) from my short unpublished DROD:AE hold Cerebella Archipelago, which will remain unpublished. I believe the rooms I took from it were the best rooms of that hold though, so you're not missing out on anything.

Thanks for playing!

Ryan Berry
RoboBob3000

02-07-2007 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: Islands in the Sky (0)  
WOOT!

We're on a roll today, hope these good holds keep coming.

Thanks Ryan. Keep up the good work.

Steve.
02-07-2007 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Islands in the Sky (+1)  
I gave this one an 8, with 6 brains of difficulty.

Some very nice puzzles, a little harder than Compass Point...

Very good.

More holds from RoboBob3000, please!

Josh

02-07-2007 at 08:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
Yes! You didn't let us down a second time, Ryan! I am enjoying it a tad big more than Compass Point. I tend to like decoy, mimic, bomb puzzles better than restricted movement puzzles, but keep up the great work!

I gave this a 9 with 6 brains. (This hold is also more difficult than Compass Point). I probably will rate this hold with a 10 once I finish it. And I don't give out 10's too often. :)
02-07-2007 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Aww dangit, it looks like just about everybody found an unintended solution to 4n1e. It's still clever though, so I guess I'm okay with it.

In my intended solution, all the roaches are sword-kills. Has anybody gone that route yet?

Edit: And it looks like you guys beat me in 3n1e and 6n2e as well.
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 02-09-2007 02:06 AM]
02-09-2007 at 01:51 AM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Solid, short hold.
02-13-2007 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
icon Re: Islands in the Sky (+2)  
I think Larrymurk's review is excellent. The rooms were small but certainly not without their challenges. I enjoyed every room and didn't find anything that was frustrating. Sometimes (on a couple of the early levels) it amazed me how long it took to figure out because there were so few possible moves! Quite a nice idea and well executed. The themes were consistent and nice and overall was very enjoyable. Thanks!

08-06-2011 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
PMIT
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 159
My thoughts on this hold were nearly identical to west.logan's. The rooms were very tightly constructed and I enjoyed all of them. I did feel that 6N2E wasn't significantly different from the preceding room, but it was still a good room nonetheless. Nicely done! :)

05-13-2014 at 02:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Very much enjoyed this hold. Nice and small with puzzles that made you think. If you're still around RoboBob, you should make some more holds someday.
05-13-2014 at 06:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Islands in the Sky (Sword manipulation (not necessarily your own)) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com