Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Beethro's Mission: Spiders (Themed Levels + Story)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.9/10 (30 votes)
σ 1.80
Author Name:Dali
Submitted By:Dali
Hold Name:Beethro's Mission: Spiders
Theme:Themed Levels + Story
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:10
Number of Rooms:188
Number of Monsters:2078
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:6 (+6 / -0)
Poster Message
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Re: Beethro's Mission: Spiders (0)  
I have a question, about locations of secret rooms . . . I'm missing one each on level 5 and 6, but I'm thinking a little more poking around will see me through . . . my immediate problem is on levels 2 and 3, where I've been all over, and no secret rooms to be found anywhere. There was a promising crumbly wall in L2, 2S, but it turned out to go nowhere, haha.

I'm starting to think there's a series of stairs accessibly only from someplace I haven't been yet. Where should I turn my attention?

Thanks -
03-07-2007 at 02:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Beethro's Mission: Spiders (+2)  
key-smiter wrote:
I have a question, about locations of secret rooms . . . I'm missing one each on level 5 and 6, but I'm thinking a little more poking around will see me through . . . my immediate problem is on levels 2 and 3, where I've been all over, and no secret rooms to be found anywhere. There was a promising crumbly wall in L2, 2S, but it turned out to go nowhere, haha.

I'm starting to think there's a series of stairs accessibly only from someplace I haven't been yet. Where should I turn my attention?

Trying to remember which rooms are secrets...but anyway:

Click here to view the secret text

03-07-2007 at 02:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
key-smiter
jbluestein wrote:

I'd actually cast my eye on both these locations, but since none of the rooms around those spots have crumbly walls (that I can find, anyway) I figured I was on the wrong path.

Even if I can find my way in to the second level room you noted, there's still one other . . . and I probed as much of the perimeter of this level already as I could find.

Thanks for your help anyway -
03-08-2007 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
key-smiter wrote:
jbluestein wrote:

I'd actually cast my eye on both these locations, but since none of the rooms around those spots have crumbly walls (that I can find, anyway) I figured I was on the wrong path.

Even if I can find my way in to the second level room you noted, there's still one other . . . and I probed as much of the perimeter of this level already as I could find.

Ok, here's the complete breakdown for Levels 2 and 3:

Only look in here if you absolutely can't find the secret rooms on these levels.

[Last edited by jbluestein at 03-10-2007 01:10 AM]
03-08-2007 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
key-smiter
Thanks. I swear these purple rooms are the worst for finding crumbly walls.
03-09-2007 at 02:01 AM
key-smiter
jbluestein wrote:

Here's how ignorant I am. Even when presented with this direct hint, I still can't find the way.
how do I get there?

Thanks -
03-09-2007 at 11:42 PM
jbluestein
key-smiter wrote:
jbluestein wrote:

Here's how ignorant I am. Even when presented with this direct hint, I still can't find the way.
how do I get there?

Thanks -

Whoops...that's my fault.

Should read as follows (I will correct it above as well):

Transpositions. Bad.

Sorry.

Josh

03-10-2007 at 01:10 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Could I trouble an admin to please edit the confusing red text out of the first message in this thread? The hold attached to the first message is the most recent one.

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 10-16-2007 12:13 AM]
10-16-2007 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
sam3212
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 6
bug warp room level 4&5 staris they go to level 5

10-16-2007 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Beethro's Mission: Spiders (+1)  
Well, I just post-mastered this hold, and I enjoyed it alot!

I hope you're still around Dali, I'd love to see what you could do with TCB elements.

8 with 6.5 brains.
04-24-2008 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: Beethro's Mission: Spiders (+1)  
I really enjoyed this hold. There are plenty of rooms here that I loved the lynchpins and tricks to, too many to list and remember. Also, a lot of variety, with each level focusing on a different element.

I think the architect has somewhat of a unique style. Rooms look fairly open-ended, requiring you to decide which part of the room you should do next. Often, very exotic and interesting move sequences are required to complete certain parts of the rooms.

There was lots to love here, and very, very little to not. Definitely recommend it.
02-19-2016 at 09:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Beethro's Mission: Spiders (Themed Levels + Story)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com