Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : seventh. I'm seventh :/ ((for a nice, abritrary goal))
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
IP: Logged
icon Re: third. I'm third :) (0)  
8008!

I have to go find a calculator now.
12-07-2006 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Rabscuttle wrote:
8008!

I have to go find a calculator now.
Well, I'm past 4004 sadly, but 4321 ain't that bad a number either... :P

np: Underworld - Born Slippy Nuxx (Everything, Everything (Live))

12-07-2006 at 10:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
wallu has not started Echoes yet.

yay?
12-16-2006 at 04:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
If you don't count Echoes I think I just overtook you last night. (of course, if I wasn't playing Echoes I most likely would have been playing other holds, so.. um. yeah)

With 3 unscorable rooms, that makes 30 to go! whoooo!

Then I will start complaining loudly and voraciously about castle of mirrors 1. grrrrr! whoooo!

And whining about Deja Vu. waaaaa! make it conqueeeered!

whoooooo!

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 12-22-2006 12:40 AM]
12-21-2006 at 11:41 PM
Rabscuttle
icon Re: third. I'm third :) (+3)  
Finished. I'm finished.
12-22-2006 at 01:19 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: third. I'm third :) (+1)  
Quick! Someone publish a new hold before Rabscuttle goes off to find a new hobby!

12-22-2006 at 01:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Wait, wait, wait. He hasn't finished all the rooms in the Architecture board I bet... :)

12-22-2006 at 11:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
Impressive, Rabscuttle. Very very very impressive.
-
me, I'm only the third person to break 8 kiloroom. still so far to go.

12-23-2006 at 02:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
And I just became the 12th person to pass the 6k mark. My quandary now - do I now start going over the 6003 scores I have to see which ones can be optimized, or do I aim for the ~2730 rooms I still have to solve...

12-29-2006 at 01:57 AM
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
eytanz wrote:
And I just became the 12th person to pass the 6k mark. My quandary now - do I now start going over the 6003 scores I have to see which ones can be optimized, or do I aim for the ~2730 rooms I still have to solve...

I had the same dilemma a while back and started optimising some old rooms. But it just wasn't for me. While there are new holds to be played that's where you'll find me. At least until I get stuck so hard that there is nowhere else to go!

Steve.
12-29-2006 at 08:57 AM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Well, I seem to be the only one in 26th. Beat that! ;)
12-29-2006 at 03:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Syntax wrote:
Well, I seem to be the only one in 26th. Beat that! ;)
Waaay not very much ahead of you there... :lol

np: Jürgen Paape - Triumph (Kompakt Total 1)

12-29-2006 at 04:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
icon Re: second. I'm second :) (+1)  
Stephen4Louise wrote:
After a couple of weeks of effort, I have finally made it into the 6000+ room club! It's starting to get busy up here.

Oh well, only 998 rooms til the next milestone.

Steve.
Well, that didn't take too long. On the way I managed to complete many excellent holds and gain a few places on the high score tables. I don't expect to get the next 1000 so quick though, the further I go, the harder it gets.

Steve.

[Last edited by Stephen4Louise at 01-10-2007 11:12 PM]
01-10-2007 at 11:12 PM
Syntax
I'm amazed you're not further up the table TBH. I remember overtaking you back in the late 30s I believe, about a year ago, but your demos baffled me when it came to hoarde management. At the time you had lots of #1s but I had nearly none.
01-10-2007 at 11:16 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Syntax wrote:
...but your demos baffled me when it came to hoarde management.
What, efficient at shoving coins under the mattress? ;)

"Oook!"
01-10-2007 at 11:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
krammer wrote:
Syntax wrote:
...but your demos baffled me when it came to hoarde management.
What, efficient at shoving coins under the mattress? ;)
lol Yup. At the time I was running away from the roaches. Didn't realise my 1-square laser gun could kill them.

I later learnt about bravery and stood my ground. I then became foolhardy and died a lot.

Then I downloaded this game called DROD. Very good actually.

[Premeditated EDIT]

On a serious note, myself and VodkaAndCoke, back in the early days, had a lot of respect for the various Stephen4Louise demos. Now he's in Eigthth obviously it's a different story ;) Ha!
01-10-2007 at 11:35 PM
Stephen4Louise
Syntax wrote:
I'm amazed you're not further up the table TBH. I remember overtaking you back in the late 30s I believe, about a year ago, but your demos baffled me when it came to hoarde management. At the time you had lots of #1s but I had nearly none.

We've all come a long way since then, some of my old scores are quite pathetic looking back, I have a 207th place in JTRH! Nowadays it is rare that I get anything over 10th place, and when I do, I will replay the room automatically.
But while you have been concentrating on quality, I have been going flat out for quantity. So it is to be expected that you have risen up the ranks faster than me.
Now, when I run out of rooms and start working on the bad scores, the only way is up and you better watch your back!

VodkaAndCoke seems to have fallen off the pace though, I remember we had a bit of a scrap around 18th place.

Steve.
01-11-2007 at 09:48 AM
Syntax
Yeah, VodkaAndCoke hasn't played for quite some time now but I'm sure she'll be back. I'll pass on the message in any case :)
01-11-2007 at 01:12 PM
eytanz
Heh. I just noticed that, if I make another post, the number of posts I've made would be the same as the number of highscores I have. Which is why I'm making this post, obviously.

01-25-2007 at 04:41 AM
Stephen4Louise
eytanz wrote:
Heh. I just noticed that, if I make another post, the number of posts I've made would be the same as the number of highscores I have. Which is why I'm making this post, obviously.

Excellent work! You should have a well earned break after all that. Umm a couple of days should be enough. ;)

Steve.
01-25-2007 at 09:30 AM
Stephen4Louise
icon Re: second. I'm second :) (+2)  
Stephen4Louise wrote:
Stephen4Louise wrote:
After a couple of weeks of effort, I have finally made it into the 6000+ room club! It's starting to get busy up here.

Oh well, only 998 rooms til the next milestone.

Steve.
Well, that didn't take too long. On the way I managed to complete many excellent holds and gain a few places on the high score tables. I don't expect to get the next 1000 so quick though, the further I go, the harder it gets.

Steve.

And here I am again. I suppose 1000 rooms in under 3 months isn't too bad :D 9000 rooms looks so far away though.

Steve.
03-30-2007 at 08:44 PM
silver
congrants on being the fourth person to join the 8000 club. I thought for sure it would be martz, but martz is 1 short... though I suppose soon I'll be congratulating martz on being the fifth member :)

03-31-2007 at 02:07 AM
Rabscuttle
icon Re: second. I'm second :) (0)  
Stephen4Louise wrote:

And here I am again. I suppose 1000 rooms in under 3 months isn't too bad :D 9000 rooms looks so far away though.

Steve.

Congrats! :)

9000 is far but I reckon 10000 will be beyond TCB. :/

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 03-31-2007 06:45 AM]
03-31-2007 at 06:28 AM
Stephen4Louise
icon Re: third. I'm third :) (+2)  
silver wrote:
congrants on being the fourth person to join the 8000 club. I thought for sure it would be martz, but martz is 1 short... though I suppose soon I'll be congratulating martz on being the fifth member :)

Martz has had 4 rooms to go for the last couple of days, so I put in a little extra effort to get here first.
Hey martz, how about a race to 9000? I'll save my mods points and give you 10 rank points if you get there first. Are you up for it?

Steve.
03-31-2007 at 08:24 AM
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
Heh, didn't realise I was just 1 short of the big 8-oh-oh-oh. I've actually started optimising all my existing scores, plus I'm replaying/optimising/getting on completed holds list JtRH, so I'm unlikely to reach 9000 any time soon (will probably take me a good few months to optimise everything :-O ). However, I wish you good luck in reaching that goal :)

Progress - Gavin G
04-01-2007 at 02:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
silver
...but you took a moment to clear that last room before going back to optimizing, I see :) congrats on being the fifth member of the 8000 club.
Cheers.

04-01-2007 at 04:53 AM
silver
icon Re: third. I'm third :) (+2)  
hey, people, guess what? :)

04-09-2007 at 09:47 AM
Stephen4Louise
silver wrote:
hey, people, guess what? :)

9000 rooms!! Well done silver, hopefully not be too long until I'm joining you up there.

Steve.
04-09-2007 at 09:50 AM
Rabscuttle
icon Re: third. I'm third :) (+4)  
Quintuple digits. (pending the spider noticing any more rooms different under TCB)

Yay!
04-20-2007 at 04:44 PM
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
Rabscuttle wrote:
Quintuple digits. (pending the spider noticing any more rooms different under TCB)

Yay!

Outstanding!

I was just checking my high scores when the extra digit caught my eye - you are truly one of the greats :)

Progress - Gavin G
04-20-2007 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : seventh. I'm seventh :/ ((for a nice, abritrary goal))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com