Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Ice Cap Vision (Monsters, Story)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.6/10 (10 votes)
σ 2.24
Author Name:Tokyokid
Submitted By:tokyokid
Hold Name:Ice Cap Vision
Theme:Monsters, Story
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:43
Number of Monsters:1161
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Ice Cap Vision.hold (16.5 KB)
Downloaded 1490 times.
License: Other
icon Ice Cap Vision  
Sorry about the bugs in this hold. Try downloading this new
version! You can now play level 3!
05-06-2006 at 06:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Ice Cap Vision (+1)  
Level 2 : 2W seems to be impossible. Remember that monsters respawn when you leave an unconquered room.
Level 2 : 1S2W how to get into the puzzle ? The surviver guy blocks the upper path while the downer is blocked by an arrow.

Also there are quite a bunch of almost empty rooms. Those seems to make up about 35% of the hold

You´re hold looks quite unfinished... We have a special place for such holds : The architecture Forum.

Here, other drodders will help you with your work. I saw some nice puzzles in your hold here and there and with a small efford of time, this hold could become a really good one.

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 05-06-2006 07:14 PM]
05-06-2006 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Apparently there is a new fixed version according to the initial thread. Tokyokid, people aren't going to know that you have made changes unless you make a new post, because there aren't any alerts for edited posts. So make a reply when you make changes so people know that they can try again.

But I'll reiterate what everyone else has been saying: you are a prime example of why no one will take you seriously unless you start testing your holds, either on the Architecture board or privately.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-08-2006 at 04:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kingpr
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
icon Re: Ice Cap Vision (0)  
I have just downloaded the new version (I think it is anyway) and L2:1S2W is still unfinishable for the same reason as before. I haven't checked any other rooms on that level as there didn't seem much point.
05-09-2006 at 09:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NaturalWay42
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29

File: Tgr9s Ice Cap Vision.hold (18.4 KB)
Downloaded 100 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Ice Cap Vision (+2)  
I made edits. (crappy)

<< --- download, Its solvable through the end.

05-13-2006 at 01:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Ice Cap Vision (0)  
Good job!

My only concern is whether or not we can/should be allowed to modify a 3rd party hold?

Legality prob is not an issue, but there must be an ethical reason... I'm thinking blast castle which took all of a year to finally get modded [?]

Even if the license specifies "all welcome to change it however, whenever and with whomever", I still think we should give more than 2 weeks before assuming an architect can be assumed missing.

[Presumed having a good time]
05-13-2006 at 01:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
New Version uploaded! It is now concorable through the end! :D Thanks to everyone for pointing out mistakes!
07-06-2006 at 02:38 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Ice Cap Vision (Monsters, Story) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com