Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Lost Temple : Journey to Matsumi : Entrance (what am i supposed to do?)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
IP: Logged
icon Lost Temple : Journey to Matsumi : Entrance (0)  
I have walked over every available square. I have waited for 60 or so turns. I have bumped into walls trying to find hidden passages.

There are three missing squares preventing me from going to the "vampire bats". If there was a brain in the room, the WW would come out of their hidey-holes. (If I had a functioning brain, I would have solved this by now.)

What am i supposed to do? :yikes

"Until it ends, there is no end."
04-16-2006 at 04:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Lost Temple : Journey to Matsumi : Entrance (+1)  
I haven't played this hold yet, but it seems to me that you should be able to lure the WW in the middle out, and use it to kill the other WWs next to the arrows.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-16-2006 at 05:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Lost Temple : Journey to Matsumi : Entrance (+2)  
That's exactly it. It's really easy to make this room unsolvable, so think ahead and use a checkpoint each time you've done something right.

There's one monster movement rule you need to know; it'd be really hard to stumble across the solution without it:
Click here to view the secret text

04-16-2006 at 05:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
This is an incredible (hard) room, and I really don't want to spoil it.

Some clues:
Click here to view the secret text

-- Tim

04-16-2006 at 09:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
JoolsC
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
icon Re: Lost Temple : Journey to Matsumi : Entrance (0)  
Hints please. Have tried all dead ends and cannot get the ww in middle to move more than one square. :blush
04-14-2008 at 11:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121

File: LT Journey to Matsumi The Entrance Victory.demo (1.5 KB)
Downloaded 120 times.
License: Public Domain
Hints for this room are difficult to give in terms beyond "try to stick the central wraithwing somewhere he can be retrieved later", but that's not particularly useful. Instead, let me provide my victory demo, which at about double the best scores in the room is not particularly useful either.
04-16-2008 at 01:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Lost Temple : Journey to Matsumi : Entrance (what am i supposed to do?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com