Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Expired Caravelnet subscription and previous SS holds
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
IP: Logged
icon Expired Caravelnet subscription and previous SS holds (0)  
It just occurred to me that now my Caravelnet subscription has expired, I can no longer ask for help in the hints forum on the SS holds which I was eligible for while I had a subscription. Of course, I could ask in here, as is suggested on the hints forum search page, but anyone asking for hints in here is generally pointed to the hints and solutions forum. Bit of a catch 22 situation don't you think?

Edit: I should point out that I am not particularly bothered, as the SS holds are mostly too difficult for me even with hints. I was just ruminating out loud.

[Last edited by bandit1200 at 04-12-2006 11:41 PM]
04-12-2006 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Expired Caravelnet subscription and previous SS holds (0)  
I know you can't see the pictures of the rooms, but... is there anything actually stopping you from searching/asking for hints for any room in a SS hold? I just tried it with a testing account that doesn't have CaravelNet, and it worked fine for me.

04-12-2006 at 11:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
StanFitzgerald
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
I'm new to this DROD thing. What's a SS Hold?
04-12-2006 at 11:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Expired Caravelnet subscription and previous SS holds (+1)  
I'm fancy. Part of my SEKRIT TERRIBLE TRICK to find hints on rooms that are, say, secret, that I can't find, is to use the search function. Not the hint search function. The one under the forum banner. Just search up the SS's name....and wham. Hints galore.

Of course, even if you haven't visited a hold, and it gives you the 'you haven't visited this room, you dummy :(' youcan still click submit.
04-13-2006 at 12:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
icon Re: Expired Caravelnet subscription and previous SS holds (+1)  
Oops! You're quite right Matt. After it told me I wasn't subscribed or logged in, etc, I didn't look any further.

Stan, SS holds are Smitemasters Holds which you can only (I think) download if you have a subscription to Caravelnet. No doubt someone else will along in a minute with more details. :) Or do a search for SS holds.

Edit: Banjooie, yes, I knew about searching there, but that wouldn't help for a room that hasn't been asked about, and yes, I had missed seeing the "submit" button, probably because I was expecting it not to be there. -_-

[Last edited by bandit1200 at 04-13-2006 12:15 AM]
04-13-2006 at 12:11 AM
Ravon
Rank Points: 220
I saw the submit button, and then later came back to look for hints on the exact same room and missed it. :?
04-13-2006 at 03:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Expired Caravelnet subscription and previous SS holds
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com