Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : On renewals and subscriptions (What if...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged
icon On renewals and subscriptions (0)  
I have no current access to DROD, and won't until a couple of months after my subscription expires. Being without DROD is bad enough, but I am also worried that once my subscription has expired, all of my scores will be nixed as well.

Is there a risk of this? Should I buy my subscription when I get DROD access and know that my scores will remain? Or should I purchase the subscription before it expires, making sure they stay where they are?

Additionally, if I have no access to my player file, does this question even matter? (Will my scores be retained even if I have to start every hold anew?)

04-09-2006 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
icon Re: On renewals and subscriptions (0)  
zex20913 wrote:Being without DROD is bad enough, but I am also worried that once my subscription has expired, all of my scores will be nixed as well. Is there a risk of this?

No. There's no risk of this. However, don't expect to retain your #14 position. I'm almost ahead of you and I've got 3 or 4 players hot on my heels. :D

Additionally, if I have no access to my player file, does this question even matter? (Will my scores be retained even if I have to start every hold anew?)

Your player file only governs what rooms you have access to on your computer. Since your high scores are linked to your forum ID starting over with a new player won't affect them. I know this because I just had to start over with a new player and had to replay KDD and JtRH in order to lower some of my obnoxiously high scores. :(
04-09-2006 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: On renewals and subscriptions (0)  
Excellente. This is just what I had hoped.

I don't expect to retain my position...until I'm able to play, that is. I've had no DROD since December, so I've got quite a few holds that still need to be played...and yes, scores to go through to lower in KDD and JtRH.

Not that I'll mind playing through them again.

04-09-2006 at 07:33 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : On renewals and subscriptions (What if...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com