Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Thirteenth Level : 3 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Thirteenth Level : 3 North, 1 West (0)  
Another interesting room ... I don't think diagonial moves is the way to go ... but maybe someone will let me know the way across the trapdoors. My mind is getting tired of looking at the screen ... :w00t
04-08-2006 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Thirteenth Level : 3 North, 1 West (+1)  
Well, trapdoors and goblins is a pretty common theme, and everybody has a different favorite technique (its more of a technique room than a lynch pin type room). So what I like to do is drop trap doors in a way that funnels the goblins into me one at a time. To this end, I entered the trap door field in the middle, moved east until the goblins were on top of me and then SW one square and then west, creating a one square corridor of trapdoors which the goblins filed into nicely. Then you can draw one out at a time, smite him and repeat.

04-08-2006 at 01:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Thirteenth Level : 3 North, 1 West (+1)  
wiseoldman wrote:
Another interesting room ... I don't think diagonial moves is the way to go ... but maybe someone will let me know the way across the trapdoors. My mind is getting tired of looking at the screen ... :w00t
Click here to view the secret text

np: Antonelli - The Morning (The Blackout Quintet)

04-08-2006 at 01:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Thirteenth Level : 3 North, 1 West (0)  
I figured it had to be something like that but I guess I just started wrong. Thanks for the hints. I will give it a go and let you know what happens.

I got to 3N1W as I didn't want to fool around with 3N2W which "seems" impossible and a hint I saw said it didn't have to be completed (I sure hope not :? )
04-09-2006 at 01:45 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Thirteenth Level : 3 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com