Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A Happy, If Frustrated Guy (aka My First #1!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
IP: Logged
icon A Happy, If Frustrated Guy (aka My First #1!) (+4)  
So, about three months ago, I happened across a blog where someone mentioned Deadly Rooms of Death with glowing enough praise that I was tempted to try out the demo of King Dugan's Dungeon.

A few days later, I plunked down the money for the full version of KDD. Then, um, a CaravelNet subscription. And, eventually, after finishing KDD, Journey to Rooted Hold.

I am deeply in love with the game. So far I've only explored official holds (KDD, The Choice, Perfection, JtRH, Halph Tales). My plan was to sort of swap in and out when things got too frustrating in one place.

So, when I stalled on Level 24 of Journey to Rooted Hold, I snuck into Beethro and the Secret Society. Wow...some pretty tough stuff there...but upon completing The Nine Puzzles, 1N1E I was greeted by the banner informing me that I had achieved a 1st place score on that room! Woohoo! Nothing like validation!

Ah well...lots of tough stuff out there still. I have yet to actually master any holds. One room stands between me and mastery of King Dugan's Dungeon. I can't clear JtRH, L24, 1S1W yet, can't beat Perfection Level 2, or the Nine Puzzles, 1S1W, or the secrets from The Choice. Or anything at all on Deeper Underground from Halph Has a Bad Day.

I think I must have less hair than I did when I started, or perhaps just more of it has turned gray.

And yet, when I actually get some time to sit down at the computer and play DROD, I feel...serene. Damn serene, in fact.

So thanks to the DROD team for making great games. Keep it up!!!

Josh (who probably won't buy TCB until I complete JtRH, but with any luck I'll be done by the time it's released anyway...)

03-29-2006 at 05:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5065
icon Re: A Happy, If Frustrated Guy (aka My First #1!) (0)  
Thanks, Josh, in turn for your glowing praise! Use the Hints and Solutions Board here if you're "stuck, Stuck, STUCK!", but it looks like you're already on the road of the Mighty.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-29-2006 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Nicely put Josh :)

Just wondering how comes you haven't tried out any of the custom made holds? The standard in most of them is exceptional...
03-29-2006 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Syntax wrote:
Nicely put Josh :)

Just wondering how comes you haven't tried out any of the custom made holds? The standard in most of them is exceptional...

Well, I've downloaded a few of them, but mostly I haven't done much with them because I've been full-time focusing on the official holds.

Any recommendations for good custom holds?

Josh

03-29-2006 at 07:20 PM
Bunches
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 192
icon Re: A Happy, If Frustrated Guy (aka My First #1!) (+1)  
Anything but Bad evil restaurant and The Evilish place! (even though I'm the creator of the evilish place!) :lol
03-29-2006 at 07:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: A Happy, If Frustrated Guy (aka My First #1!) (+2)  
Here's a list of all holds rated 8 (arbitrary limit) or higher:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/holds.php?f=0&npp=39&ob=ru&d=d

All these hold can be imported into JtRH.

03-29-2006 at 07:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Tim wrote:
Here's a list of all holds rated 8 (arbitrary limit) or higher:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/holds.php?f=0&npp=39&ob=ru&d=d

All these hold can be imported into JtRH.

Excellent, thank you!

03-29-2006 at 07:55 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A Happy, If Frustrated Guy (aka My First #1!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com