Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Full score upload doesn't exactly work
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
IP: Logged
icon Full score upload doesn't exactly work (0)  
Hi,

With reference to this thread, the full score upload doesn't seem to work correctly.

Although it's definitely worked for some people, I haven't had a single score added after doing a full demo upload. I have since checked some rooms for which I have local demos. These are still not appearing online, and Schik, having checked with 8-legs, can't see any demos for me for that room. My local 36 move demo appears in my instance though, and the room appears as solved.

The room in question is "Jo's First Hold" 1st floor 5W.
03-28-2006 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
icon Re: Full score upload doesn't exactly work (0)  
Ok, it's just happeend again. I apologise for not attaching any other example rooms with my first post.

Anyhows...

Unfortunate Architect Compilation : The Dungeon : 1 North

Got a 297ish move local demo but it won't upload.
I've tried delta upload, and full upload thrice each but no luck. I won't try and equal it until this gets sorted (besides I've also got a 300 move demo but obviously that isn't as good).

drod.err:

*** 4/1/06 9:53PM ***

Internet warning 28: Resolving host timed out: forum.caravelgames.com
*** 4/1/06 9:57PM ***

Which seems to be roughly the right time.

[EDIT]

Just to say, I've replayed it and got a 296 move demo, but that isn't the one which should have got uploaded. Sorry about the potential confusion.

[EDIT]

But yeah, my 297 never did get uploaded...

[Last edited by Syntax at 04-01-2006 10:55 PM]
04-01-2006 at 10:23 PM
Syntax
And again:

Entrapment - Claustrophic - 2E

Got a 75 move local demo which won't upload, regardless.

I also know that VodkaAndCoke is seeing similar issues.
Could this be linked to the 2 accounts/Caravel.net accounts on one PC I wonder... ?

In fact, I played Idiot's castle and some other hold, and all my demos were wiped including room based ones which I had d/led (Stefan). Even my local d/l had disappeared... I know I had watched it.
04-05-2006 at 02:49 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Syntax wrote:
Could this be linked to the 2 accounts/Caravel.net accounts on one PC I wonder... ?
Probably not. There was that one hold upgrade bug that got fixed in 2.0.13, but besides that this shouldn't be an issue. Ever.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-05-2006 at 04:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
mrimer wrote:
Syntax wrote:
Probably not. There was that one hold upgrade bug that got fixed in 2.0.13, but besides that this shouldn't be an issue. Ever.
Well is anyone else experiencing these issues?
I haven't read that anyone did, hence my presumption it could be linked to multiple accounts.

Should I provide further info? I'll keep posting to this thread when I discover new cases of missing local demos, and demos not uploading (even with a full demo upload). Is this ok?

[EDIT]

In fact, just watched VodkaAndCoke complete "Beethro's First Job" which I haven't completed. I've switched player over to me. This hold now comes up as 100% complete in both "Change Loaction" and on the site. However, Im only on level 3 (and can only restore to level 3). This shows I've only got 22 high scores.

It seems there is some sort of bug confusing the 2 accounts... ?

[Last edited by Syntax at 04-05-2006 07:36 PM]
04-05-2006 at 07:31 PM
Syntax
Another example, this time for VodkaAndCoke:

King Reubus' Palace.
The Cellar - Level 1 - 180 move demo.

The demo won't upload...
04-06-2006 at 06:23 PM
jamie
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 365
Just tell her to buy her own computer :-)

04-07-2006 at 02:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
In order to troubleshoot this, I'll need Syntax and Vodka's .dat files from their JtRH installation. Would you guys rar/zip up DROD's .dat files (minus the data.dat file, since it doesn't matter and will keep the archive small) and email them to me?

[Last edited by mrimer at 04-07-2006 04:15 PM]
04-07-2006 at 04:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
VodkaAndCoke
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
Also, certain holds are now coming up as not dowloaded, however we've both played them. Example: Return to Dugan's Dungeon.

I have definitely played it, as has Syntax. He even had a number 1 on 1 North, but no demos are appearing on the site, and in-game.

Zipping the .dats as we speak...

Oh, and Tomb of Nomb (DVD edition) which Syntax has def played.

I can't attach the file from within the website so how do i find your email address?

[Last edited by VodkaAndCoke at 04-08-2006 07:28 AM]
04-08-2006 at 07:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Full score upload doesn't exactly work (+1)  
bugs@caravelgames.com should work fine.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-08-2006 at 04:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Thanks, they have been sent! :)
04-09-2006 at 12:33 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I recently did a full score upload when I noticed that my scores didn't reflect the fact that I'd beaten some particular holds. I have a shoddy wireless connection, so it's not uncommon for me to be unable to connect to caravelnet. I figured that I'd conquered those particular holds when my connection was down and that a full score upload would rectify the situation. Well, one full upload later, those holds remain unconquered on my scores list. I can verify that my demos were uploaded, because the little spider statistic said that I had about a thousand or so unverified demos.

So yeah, is there any other way to get caravelnet to recognize that I've completed these holds other than completing them again?

04-10-2006 at 02:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Syntax wrote:
Thanks, they have been sent! :)
I haven't received any emails from you. Would you resend them?

04-11-2006 at 07:33 PM
VodkaAndCoke
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
Syntax will resend them.
However, I have since tried a full score upload (witnessed by above :)) and it reached 955, but i've played 1727 rooms.
Thanks for looking into this. Let me know if you need more info.
04-13-2006 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Panther
Rank Points: 402
I also recently (April 19th) did a full score upload, for essentially the same reason that Ryan stated above, after completing KDD 2.0 but not seeing my scores for some of level 24 and virtually all of level 25. In retrospect, this was a bad idea, as I ended up with the 0-move score bug (discussed in another thread) for many of my properly uploaded rooms. Now I have two scores online for those rooms: my real score, and the 0-move score. Worse, it didn't actually seem to upload the missing scores.

I haven't had connection problems with the site until earlier this week (Monday or Tuesday, IIRC), and I have played exclusively in the JtRH 2.0.13 engine. I can send my dats if they're wanted.

As for the 0-move "high scores", I gave it a bit of time hoping that the spider would come along and whack my bad demos/scores, but all it seemed to do was change their placement in the ranking from -1 to 0. My scores and relative ranking are also pretty inaccurate as a result.

Out of all these symptoms that I've seen this week, I'm most concerned about the deletion of those 0-move scores, because those affect everyone else.

I'm sorry I made such a mess! :~(
04-21-2006 at 06:16 AM
Krissan
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 89
I'm too experiencing the same problem. I recently got CaravelNet, with a couple of holds already mastered. Made a batch upload (900ish, but many demos didn't make it. I tried changing drod.ini a couple of times, and made an upload, seemed like 400 or something when I checked unverifed number (I'm guessing the spider had verified the rest just before?), but when I checked my stats again, nothing had happened.

I also noticed a couple of holds that were marked with 0% explored, but some of the highscores were still there, which is odd to say the least.

04-22-2006 at 12:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
On behalf on VodkaAndCoke:
She has completed "Easy or Hard" hold yet none of the demos appear online (though local demos are present). We've tried standard demo upload, and full demo upload but no success. She has since redone the entrance and that now appears online, though I doubt she'll want to redo the whole thing.

In fact, the only reason we noticed was that that hold appeared unconquered on her holds list, so the progress monitor didn't seem to pick it up either. Interestingly, after completing the entrance, the hold now does appear "Completed" on that same list, so seems the progress monitor is now up-to-date.

Very interestingly, a monitor is also a lizard, which, alongside the highscore spider, gives a rather cute image of the underlying magic that is DROD. Who'd have thought 2 separate species would ever link up to provide all this functionality?

God bless Darwin.
04-22-2006 at 04:24 PM
mrimer
Syntax wrote:
On behalf on VodkaAndCoke:
She has completed "Easy or Hard" hold yet none of the demos appear online (though local demos are present). We've tried standard demo upload, and full demo upload but no success. She has since redone the entrance and that now appears online, though I doubt she'll want to redo the whole thing.
Yuck. See my post in the adjacent thread.

04-23-2006 at 02:51 AM
Syntax
Seen, appreciated, replied and gratefully acquised.
04-23-2006 at 03:58 AM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
Out of curiosity...

I put the 'FullScoreUpload=1' line in my drod.ini about a month ago, and figured that would fix all my missing scores problems. However, upon noticing that I'm short a great deal of scores on KDD 2.0 (which I've mastered, and thus should have scores for every room), I figured I needed to do it again due to usually playing on a wireless network that might not get everything submitted.

Extreme surprise happened when I opened up my drod.ini and discovered that the line was still there, which I *thought* wasn't supposed to happen.

The only thing that comes to mind for *me* on this is that since the [Startup] section of the .ini file didn't initially exist on the Mac version, the fact that I had to add it in may have something to do with this. However, I have no clue if that's the actual problem or not.

In any case, watching what happens when I click the Upload Scores button reveals that, while I might get five or six scores uploaded here and there, I just don't seem to be able to get DROD to do a full batch upload.

Any ideas as to what, if anything, I'm doing wrong?

For reference (since I belatedly realized this's important and stuff): OSX DROD v. 2.0.13

[Last edited by Hikari at 04-23-2006 08:12 PM]
04-23-2006 at 08:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Panther
Rank Points: 402
With reference to my post above, it seems the spider has finally come along and discovered that I have two demos for a number of rooms. But instead of deleting the 0-move scores, it has deleted the real scores and left the 0-move 0th place scores. (Additionally, there's still no trace of the scores for those rooms that I finished where the scores didn't apparently upload, and I really don't want to try full-score upload again at this point.)

Is there any way to repair my online scores and stats other than replaying everything all over again? :(

[Edited to fix typo.]

[Last edited by Panther at 04-24-2006 09:54 PM]
04-24-2006 at 09:53 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Full score upload doesn't exactly work
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No