Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bug? Maybe a memory-suck.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged

File: drod.err (24.7 KB)
Downloaded 50 times.
License: Other
icon Bug? Maybe a memory-suck. (0)  
In testing a room with 500+ goblins and a brain, I've found that it takes up all of my computer's memory, and makes "winlogon.exe" start going overtime. I'm attaching my .err file, because I don't have anything to read it with.

07-19-2003 at 01:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
IP: Logged
icon Re: Bug? Maybe a memory-suck. (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
In testing a room with 500+ goblins and a brain, I've found that it takes up all of my computer's memory, and makes "winlogon.exe" start going overtime. I'm attaching my .err file, because I don't have anything to read it with.

It's a plaintext file (you could read it with notepad or any other text editor) and in your case contains

Assertion error in line 134 of D:\\data\\DROD CVSRoot\\Caravel\\DRODLib\\Goblin.cpp.

...about a million times. I got that a few times as well on playing 1W of Johns World, attempting to get a goblin (under brain control) in a box (via a force arrow facing past me to the right) with a snake near the middle of the screen. It's repeatable on my system when playing that room.

I've not been monitoring memory usage. I've noticed long pauses with large numbers of any kind of creature when building levels though. I've got a room filled with about 90% eyes, and it can be a few seconds going from the room editor to the hold editor, or going between rooms.
07-19-2003 at 02:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bug? Maybe a memory-suck.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com