Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bug(s)? - Right click & drag over snakes
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
IP: Logged
icon Bug(s)? - Right click & drag over snakes (0)  
Using build 29, in the editor if you right click and drag over a snake with an item from the middle tab selected (arrows, tar, orbs, potions, etc.) it will try to delete the snake along with any "middle tab" items. This is the only monster that can be deleted this way- the rest only allow deletion if you have a monster selected.

Also in testing this out, I discovered if you right click and drag over a snake and then select "No" when asked "Are you sure you want to delete this long monster?" you are then asked the question again as many times as squares you highlighted of the snake. In other words, if you have a 20 square long snake that you right click and drag over the whole snake and then say "No" to the question you will have to click "No" 20 times to keep the snake- if you only drag over only 5 squares of the snake and say "No" it'll ask you 5 times, and so on.

This causes problems if you, say, have a snake surrounded by arrows and want to delete all the arrows but keep the snake, or other similar situations.

07-19-2003 at 01:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
IP: Logged
icon Re: Bug(s)? - Right click & drag over snakes (0)  
Tscott wrote:
This is the only monster that can be deleted this way- the rest only allow deletion if you have a monster selected.
Yeah, the serpent's body is currently located in the middle object layer as well as the monster layer. It would take a lot of code to change this and we won't do it this version.
Also in testing this out, I discovered if you right click and drag over a snake and then select "No" when asked "Are you sure you want to delete this long monster?" you are then asked the question again as many times as squares you highlighted of the snake. In other words, if you have a 20 square long snake that you right click and drag over the whole snake and then say "No" to the question you will have to click "No" 20 times to keep the snake- if you only drag over only 5 squares of the snake and say "No" it'll ask you 5 times, and so on.
I agree that it's much better if it would only prompt you once for the entire snake, rather than once per square. This revision will be in build 30.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-19-2003 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bug(s)? - Right click & drag over snakes
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com