Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Walk the Line. (Wow.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Walk the Line. (+1)  
Wow. What a good movie.

Even though my expectations were for it to be more focused on his music than anything, it still showed a lot of interesting things that I would have never guessed about him. It's interesting to think of how some singers can be in their "backstage" personality when compared to their onstage one. I mean, while most of his songs aren't the happiest things in the world, I didn't know about his drug adduction or any of the history behind John and June's relationship. Best of all, the music in the movie is amazing. I actually had the soundtrack before I saw the movie, and Joauin Phoenix does a great job of reproducing without copying Cash's sound. I also found it interesting how they had a lot of subtle hints about other songs that he had written in the movie. Such as the end reference when Cash talks to his dad about telling the story about the flood. That story was the basis for the song Five Feet High and Rising. Or the focus on the shoe shiners near the beginning. Very, very, very nifty.

I highly recommend this movie to anyone. Even if you aren't a diehard Johnny Cash fan, you can learn a lot from this movie, and get a heckuvan enjoyment out of it. Get it now!

03-19-2006 at 06:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Walk the Line. (Wow.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com