Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Metal Tar and Paper Mud (A tar MOD.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
IP: Logged
icon Metal Tar and Paper Mud (+2)  
Hey, here's a MOD for tar and paper that I made while I was bored this afternoon. It changes tar to metal and mud to paper. It also applies to the mothers as well! Tell me what you think! Can you believe I did this with only Microsoft Paint?

03-18-2006 at 04:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Metal Tar and Paper Mud (0)  
Erhm, yes I can.

Anyway, the main problem is the way you filled the gradient. The problem is that when you do it like that, it won't line up. Still, props for the attempt!

Plus, anyone who can do anything with Paint is good in my book.
03-18-2006 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
I like it, and the .tim file seems to be fine. I'd enjoy using it just for a little bit. It is a sort of rusty monochrome: a good feel, although I would say "salt and pepper," not "metal and paper." However, I wouldn't give up my precious transparent tar and mud for it.
03-18-2006 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Salt and pepper? What a great idea! :thumbsup

I also have an edit which gives Beethro and the mimics different clothes and swords, but I'm cautious in uploading this because of the thing Erik told me about. So I will have to check with him or if anyone else knows if it's okay, then tell me and I will post it.

[Last edited by Pilchard VIII at 03-18-2006 05:42 PM]
03-18-2006 at 05:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
I believe that as long as they're your own gfx there won't be a problem. The license would indicate that re-using the existing gfx, however, is forbidden.
03-18-2006 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
icon Beethro's new clothes (0)  
Okay, here it is. You're gonna have to tel me if it is okay though... If it isn't, I'l take it off.

Sorry to say, that it has had to be removed, sorry about that!

[Last edited by Pilchard VIII at 03-20-2006 01:25 PM]
03-18-2006 at 07:55 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Metal Tar and Paper Mud (+1)  
Pilchard, the metal tar and paper mud look cool. Keep making cool stuff :thumbsup

Published color-shifted versions of the Caravel sprites isn't legal without Erik's permission, so you'll have to take that one down for now. (What Syntax means by "your own graphics" is that you have to draw them from scratch.)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-18-2006 08:45 PM]
03-18-2006 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Hey, you've given me an idea. Perhaps I could start making and designing mods on demand. It would be a great idea for extra stuff for the site and it would keep me occupied.

03-21-2006 at 01:30 PM
Pilchard VIII
Okay, I've got stuck on my modding. I've enclosed a file for my next tar and mud mod, but only one of the mother eyes appears at a time, and on turn 29, one is open and one is closed. Can anyone help?

03-24-2006 at 09:04 PM
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
icon Re: Metal Tar and Paper Mud (+2)  
Well, I'm not sure if this is your problem or not, but it could be. The last two lines of your .tim file need !2 instead of !1.

++Adam H. Peterson
03-24-2006 at 09:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Thanks! You is getting respekt!

03-24-2006 at 09:48 PM
Pilchard VIII

File: Metal and Paper.zip (18.9 KB)
Downloaded 94 times.
License: Public Domain
Okay, here it is! The final version of my Metal Tar and Paper Mud MOD. This time, it works on tar, tar mothers, tar blood, tar babies, mud, mud mothers, mud blood and mud babies! OMG! It took me ages to do! It's 23:09 GMT and I've just uploaded the file.

Man, my creativeness overtook me!

[Last edited by Pilchard VIII at 03-24-2006 11:11 PM]
03-24-2006 at 11:09 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Metal Tar and Paper Mud (A tar MOD.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com