Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The Rebellion : 1 North, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
talund
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 95
IP: Logged
icon Beethro and the Secret Society : The Rebellion : 1 North, 2 East (0)  
Okay. Once you enter there is no way out until the bombs explode. I think I have identified the only safe place
Click here to view the secret text
but cannot get to it in time. Both ways of triggering it
seem too far away to safely navigate the bombs to get there. Can someone help me with whatever it is that I am missing?

IT NEVER FAILS. Figured it out.

[Last edited by talund at 03-16-2006 09:01 PM]
03-16-2006 at 08:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The Rebellion : 1 North, 2 East (+1)  
i think it's another way you have to walk. i prefer the variant to kill the goblin before the bombs are exploding. but i can't find out how to be so fast...

so please help!

zaubberer
:wizard
04-10-2006 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
tonyk
Rank Points: 42
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The Rebellion : 1 North, 2 East (0)  
There must obviously be some trick to this - or maybe my posting luck will hold out.....? :)

02-02-2007 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
Trick indeed. It may help to remember one aspect of DROD theory:

02-02-2007 at 11:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tonyk
I have been working on the assumption that:

I think my problem is getting there in time. I seem to be always about 4 moves short, depending on which rotation I am in on entering. Help!

02-03-2007 at 12:13 AM
tonyk
Haha - it finally kicks in.
Thanks for the help key-smiter.

02-03-2007 at 12:22 AM
Nekora
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
tonyk wrote:
I have been working on the assumption that:

I think my problem is getting there in time. I seem to be always about 4 moves short, depending on which rotation I am in on entering. Help!

I'm having this exact same problem. I'm in the very same situation, except I'm 3 moves away from getting there. Maybe it's just me, but I really am not seeing the trick here. Can anyone give me a hint? Am I going about this all wrong? Or do I just have to find some way to shave off a few more steps? Or maybe is there some way to make Halph take a few more steps that I'm just not seeing?
02-22-2007 at 11:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nekora
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The Rebellion : 1 North, 2 East (+2)  
Well, the phenomenon where one posts for help and then figures out the solution directly after strikes again. I feel especially stupid now. For those who are stuck as I was:

A more direct hint:

02-22-2007 at 11:58 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The Rebellion : 1 North, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com