Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Rebuild Player Option
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
IP: Logged
icon Rebuild Player Option (+1)  
I just recently lost all DROD progress (and everything else on my hard-drive). I'll need to replay through all of KDD, JTRH, etc. if I want to improve my scores in any of those holds. Sucks to be me, huh? Of course I've seen plenty of other people in ths position also.

So, I was thinking. All the information on what holds and rooms I've played is stored on Caravelnet. Would it be possible to implement a feature that allowed someone to rebuild their player file based on the information on Caravelnet. I would assume that it wouldn't be possible to recover all saved games and probably impractical to download demos, but if someone would at least be able to access those rooms in game that they had previously conquered it would be a huge boon to people in my situation. Even just accessing level starts would be a tremendous help.

O.K., I'll admit I have absolutely no idea what technical issues are involved with this idea. But, if feasible to implement, I do believe that it would add quite a bit of value to a Caravelnet subscription.

02-23-2006 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: Rebuild Player Option (0)  
Something like this has definitely been suggested before, almost immediately after JtRH was released, I believe, and probably a few other times since then. I imagine, therefore, that it could be very difficult to accomplish. Schik or Mike would know more about the reality of doing this, but rest assured that it has been thought about.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-23-2006 at 07:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Rebuild Player Option
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com