Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Architect's Edition... (New Version?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Superslash2
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon Architect's Edition... (+3)  
Hello, this is my first time posting here. I downloaded DROD - Architect's Edition from Home of the Underdogs. I was just wondering if this was the latest version and if not, where I could get it...

I love Journey to the Roted Hold. It's amazing and I like that addition where the game characters give you the challenege (though I'm only at level 8 right now... :( ). But has anyone noticed how creepy it is? I mean there are sinister clowns, raspy villagers and green clerks...

Also, can anyone give me an idea of how long it took to finish the game? Everyone here seems to be experts at the game but I just wanted to know how long it took first time round... I have a feeling I'm not so cut out for this...

02-16-2006 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: Architect's Edition... (+2)  
Do you mean, the latest version of Architect's Edition? Since you are playing Journey to Rooted Hold you obviously know that it is newer than AE. There are ways to get King Dugan's Dungeon in the 2.0 engine; there is the free version on the Holds board and also the updated Smitemaster's Selection version that you have to pay for, either individually or through a full CaravelNet subscription.

I don't really know how long it takes to play through JtRH...it's hard to quantify a game where one can take a very long time to solve one room (as you just posted in another thread). My time for the entire hold is 21 hours, but since I was involved in the development I knew all the tricks and could do the rooms more quickly, although probably not as fast as the real experts here. (Also, I'm not sure how much of that time is the actual solving of the hold, and how much is me going back to other rooms to check things out later.)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-16-2006 at 12:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Architect's Edition... (New Version?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com