Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : MetDROiD Echoes (“The story is more absorbing than Prime... G serves up another monster of a hold” – The Dugandy Telegraph)
Page 1 of 10
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
geomatrx
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
IP: Logged
icon MetDROiD Echoes (+4)  
Ok,

With the hold uploading currently down, I've decided to release the hold on the architecture board.

The hold is complete, but as this isn't the official release, you won't be able to get any high scores.

If you don't have Caravelnet though, this shouldn't be a problem.

Please leave any feedback you wish. If you find any spelling errors or possible bugs, I will fix them.

Thanks to the following who have extensivly tested the hold:
Chaco
coppro
Ezlo
Hikari
Pilchard VIII
Tim
zex20913

Also, thanks to Pilchard VIII for "The Secret".

Version 1.0 is conquerable, but not masterable. Please upgarde to v1.1 to master it.
Version 1.21 is finished, changes include:
- All spelling mistakes flagged here and here.
- DC1N: Secret script vanish fixed.
- MD2S1E: Secret script (36,15) vanish fixed.
- WF1S3E: Secret script vanish fixed.
- KA1N1W: Armin's Key script vanish fixed.
- Evil Chill: Replaced text "blue" with "mosaic" tiles
- SR6S10E: text fix "then" to "than"
- DC2S1E: Added Pit Key script
- WB2N2E: Moved Pit Key exit. Added a spider

Version 1.3 FINAL is finished, following changes include:
- more spelling/grammar corrections in scripts and scrolls
- fixed ALL unintentional solutions for WB1E
- made item potions visible to player, and not hidden under statues (still need to be unlocked though)

Hold Info
This hold is “loosely” related to the Game Cube smash, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

I say loosely as, unlike my previous hold, your star of the hold this time is Beethro Budkin and NOT Samus Aran. The story revolves around mystical energy controllers in a mysterious land of The Eighth. These controllers have be stolen by a Dark Monster Army, and Beethro must help the ”Helph” race to recover the energy.

It varies from my other holds. In the last one, the scripting was mostly around the code entry gates to progress through the level. This time out, there are plenty of full blown scripts that bring the puzzles to life that some delvers may not have seen before (or only rarely).

Here a list of some highlights:
- Scripted elements now form their own puzzles
- Brand new story starring Beethro Budkin
- Collect items along the way that expand areas Beethro can explore, and USE these items to solve puzzles
- All new levels in a new land… one of light and one of shadow…
- Unlock “Statues” using staircases, instead of entering forgetful codes. Watch as you travel to the rooms, and give hints on where you can go next.
- Even less annoying rooms – more out and out fun.
- Lots and lots of secrets collected in the form of items, pickups and story passages!

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)

[Last edited by geomatrx at 12-10-2006 04:53 PM]
02-14-2006 at 10:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (+5)  
ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! Please? O:-
02-14-2006 at 12:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (0)  
Wow. This sounds great. I'd love to break your wonderful, flawless scripting. :)

02-14-2006 at 02:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Hehe, It would be a honour for me, to be able to beta test your masterpiece :). But only if I don't need the CaravelNet Membership (Or something...).

And besides, as I'm the big metroid (And DROD) fan, I really want to see everything which might Connect thoose two games (I'm impatient, I know). Well unfortunately I've never got a chance to play Metroids on GC, but...

[Last edited by skell at 02-14-2006 03:56 PM]
02-14-2006 at 03:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Wow, I'd better get my beta request up here before it fills up! To say I'm looking forward to this hold would be a huge understatement.

02-14-2006 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (+1)  
If this would help decide, I have played Echoes about 25 times, and have come close to beating the current record speed run. That has nothing to do with DROD, but it means I know which room is which.
02-15-2006 at 02:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
WOW! I didn't realise you were all so eager :D

I've attached the hold now, and I will PM you all the password for it.

There is one big thing not working in the hold right now, and thats almost all the stairways, so please try to ignore all these.

Also, please check the traning level before you start. I've just built this especially for you to help you solve some of the script puzzles in the hold (in the finished article, there will obviously be an introduction made before these rooms are reached).

Let me know whats good, whats bad, and whats just plain ugly.

Cheers,

g

MetDROiD Echoes
02-15-2006 at 02:43 AM
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
Once again, I love you.

Oh. And I so want to beta test. :D
02-15-2006 at 03:05 AM
Ezlo
So I completed the training, and all the scripting seems to be good. Puzzles like those are great with me, as long as they are properly explained. It's hard to figure out where to go and what to do next with all the staircases missing, so I'm just hoping aroud. Dark Samus fight 1 is fun, The Dark World is perfectly represented, I love U-man! Can't wait to see how you do Quadriplex!
02-15-2006 at 12:42 PM
Chaco
I completed the training. However, not having played this game, I didn't really know where to start. I got the beginning of the Temple Gardens done, but what with no functioning staircases, that was about it.

It looks good, but I can definitely see why this is only 62% or so done :?

02-15-2006 at 01:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
is there room for any more beta testers?
if so, MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME ME:blowup

[Last edited by NiroZ at 05-29-2007 01:28 PM]
02-16-2006 at 09:57 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
*Adds in*

*Jumps in circles*
02-20-2006 at 04:39 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Next update, please make sure at least 100% more staircases are mapped. It's hard to test stuff without proper staircases. I've been trying to test the Amorbis fight, but I can't without the staircases.
02-20-2006 at 05:33 PM
Chaco
Yeah... without staircases, I don't know what I'm supposed to do first, and the statues don't work either.

02-20-2006 at 05:38 PM
geomatrx
Ezlo wrote:
Next update, please make sure at least 100% more staircases are mapped. It's hard to test stuff without proper staircases. I've been trying to test the Amorbis fight, but I can't without the staircases.

Thanks Ez. I'll do that next.
In the editor, you can see where the staircase entrances are. So for the Amorbis fight, you can test the effects of completing by starting on that entrance from the editor.

MetDROiD Echoes
02-21-2006 at 10:11 AM
Ezlo
Except, there is a trapdoor under the guy there, and I can't stand at all three staircases at once, can I?
02-21-2006 at 11:26 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Can I still Beta test? I really want to.
02-21-2006 at 11:54 PM
geomatrx
Ezlo wrote:
Except, there is a trapdoor under the guy there, and I can't stand at all three staircases at once, can I?

Yeah, sorry i got mixed up. I think those staircases all all linked up. Or you can just remove the scripting to enter the arena... I know its horrible at the moment.. I will fix them soon.

I've done half of the Quadriplex fight. The second bit I have an idea, I need to be clear about it first to make it work (its along the line where you are fighting just the head, and having to "bomb" him).

I've also introduce some "Echo Gates" too. :)

Someone Else wrote:
Can I still Beta test? I really want to.
As soon as I get a bit more work done, I'll PM you.

g

MetDROiD Echoes
02-22-2006 at 11:38 AM
skell
Hey, after wondering a bit, I've decided, I will renounce. Why:
-I know this hold is going to be masterpiece, and I really want to be able to have 100% fun from it. Being a beta tester is the best way to destroy some fun
-I should work on my projects, I'm already thin on time, and I'm still wasting it on playing games, and I would probably lose much time (Not waste but...)
-I still have my very own hold in production which is slowly going forward and I don't want to accidently steal some of your ideas :D.

So well, I really would like to be testers, but when the new versaion will come out, It will take me too much time. And I really want to finish this projects (I would like to want as much as I don't want :P ). I might look like indecisive person in this moment, but well... I do it for greater good. Besides, I don't have much luck to notice problems in DROD :P.

Anyway good luck

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:41 PM : Going to the keep]
02-22-2006 at 03:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
One of you two needs to change your avatar. Seriously, the same metroid?!?

02-22-2006 at 04:09 PM
skell
Chaco, not the same, but very simmiliar :D.
Besides my Avatar has very little "Skell" (3x5 fonts) in the down right corner :D.

02-22-2006 at 06:35 PM
Chaco
And different angles. It's just annoying. I like relying on the avatars without having to remember other junk too.

02-22-2006 at 07:14 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Just get Firefox with the AdBlock extension and block one of their avatars out.

02-22-2006 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
I already have it and the extension. :thumbsup

Even so, there are lots of other people without avatars. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to remain slightly perturbed.

02-22-2006 at 09:49 PM
skell
Ok, ok ok.... I will do it after school. Now I have only 25 minutes and few things to do :).
Maybe I will turn it 180? ;P

Edit:
Is that Better? ;)

[Last edited by skell at 02-23-2006 07:23 PM]
02-23-2006 at 07:37 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
At least it says your name ><.

Anyway, G, have you closed testing or are you just lacking the ability to PM me?
02-24-2006 at 01:21 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
:lol

*chokes*

02-24-2006 at 03:12 AM
roach strangler
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
May i beta test it? :D
02-26-2006 at 06:10 PM
geomatrx
roach strangler wrote:
May i beta test it? :D

yes, but later, when i have updated the release version.

I have a few architect questions.

1) If you change the level entrances, do all the stairways in that level defaulkt back to end hold?

2) How stable has the stairway mapping become now (compared to AE)? How should I be carefull to watch for the "end staircase" bug?

3) When adding custom sounds (bells), does it add the sound for every instance you use it (increase the file size of the hold), or does it reference to the sound?

MetDROiD Echoes
02-27-2006 at 09:42 AM
Ezlo
Answer to 1: No idea.

Answer to 2: No idea.

Answer to 3: No idea.

Sorry! :lol
02-27-2006 at 12:05 PM
Page 1 of 10
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : MetDROiD Echoes (“The story is more absorbing than Prime... G serves up another monster of a hold” – The Dugandy Telegraph)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com